Who Will Have The #1 Defense In 20 4A?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

First of all I will say I don't have a clue who will be # 1 Def.  But lets get real if the Ned fans are saying they will be good because of what they did last year they are in bad shape. In the last game of the year that sent them home or in the Playoffs, they were in no hurry to wrap up Hussey,Beard or Hanna. I thought they were the worst tackling team I saw. I know that no one thinks Lumberton is any good ever so if they couldnt tackle those slow small kids from the L-Train they have to be bad. Good luck to all the Kids on the field and I look forward to argueing with all you Raider haters this year even though my son is gone from School.

First of all I will say I don't have a clue who will be # 1 Def.  But lets get real if the Ned fans are saying they will be good because of what they did last year they are in bad shape. In the last game of the year that sent them home or in the Playoffs, they were in no hurry to wrap up Hussey,Beard or Hanna. I thought they were the worst tackling team I saw. I know that no one thinks Lumberton is any good ever so if they couldnt tackle those slow small kids from the L-Train they have to be bad. Good luck to all the Kids on the field and I look forward to argueing with all you Raider haters this year even though my son is gone from School.

Who didn't have trouble tackling those guys? I never based our upcoming defense on what we did last year. I said we were young. I also never said we would be the #1 defense. I said we would be much improved.

Hey cornyhusker. No one is touchy here. Just siding with my team. Hey, maybe our defense will be as stout as those cornhuskers.  ::)

Who didn't have trouble tackling those guys? I never based our upcoming defense on what we did last year. I said we were young. I also never said we would be the #1 defense. I said we would be much improved.

Hey cornyhusker. No one is touchy here. Just siding with my team. Hey, maybe our defense will be as stout as those cornhuskers.   ::)

hay man just face it the panthers will have the best defense in 20-4a.........besides they have the best defensive player in SETX u cant go wrong with that.........

Hey cornyhusker. No one is touchy here. Just siding with my team. Hey, maybe our defense will be as stout as those cornhuskers.   ::)

hay man just face it the panthers will have the best defense in 20-4a.........besides they have the best defensive player in SETX u cant go wrong with that.........

And Nederland did last year as well and look where it got them!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to admit it but I'll have to agree with SFA  :-\ :-\ :-\ I think Ozen and Central. PNG is going to be young and inexperienced so I guess we'll find out what we'll have after the first game or two. One thing I think were going to lack is a big hitter, someone who'll make you think twice about coming across the middle. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

;D ;D ;D

png d-line was mean last yr

Yeah but only returning 1 defensive starter from last year.

i think you guys might of had the best d-ends in the district..........

ill second you on that. have shetley and spikes on the ends...their both animals. then we have savant and mclin on the tackles...i think we will stop the run and control the line of scrimmage again like last year...just my opinion

Of course he wouldn't.  Remember the play with Laird as QB(or maybe Hood was still in)?  He rolls out, drops the ball , the ball bounces back into his hands and he throws a 60 yard TD to Butler.  Who was that against?  Some games everything goes right for one side.

Anyway, we should be improved on defense if we go back to basics.

It was Hood. He rolled left, dropped the ball, it bounced right back to him and he released it as he was being hit. I think he threw it about 50 yards in the air. Look at this pic. No one was within 15 yards of Butler. Our defense also played an excellent game. Some people will never admit that fact.

Picture20016.jpg?t=1217706640

well... nederland tackled best last year out of all the teams. to many of the other teams would go for a K O shot and either miss or get taken by surprise. ned has best fundamentals i would say. we probably have the best pass d

You're trying to tell us(well those with a football IQ) Ned was the best tackling team when 1)they gave up 200+ yards rushing per game, and 2) got blasted 63-0 plus giving up 63 points the previous year--with an All American on your defense?  Man please......

I notice that you didn't offer up any team for having the best defense. Maybe because both of your teams stunk it up last year too. But hey, if you can get your cheap little shot at a MC team, then do it, huh? Wow, what a man.....and your IQ is????

I think Nederland's defense will be much improved. The Dayton game was just one of those games where they did everything right. We handed it to them several years ago in the playoffs with Hood not even playing the second half. But of course, you wouldn't want to bring that up, now would you?

Nobody cares what happend years ago as you put it.  This is a 'what have you done for me lately' situation and all Ned has done is finished mid-way to near the bottom in total defense.  To answer your question, Central and Ozen not necessarily in that order.....

I agree, last years Neds defense was not good and that is really a gross understatement. They played well reasonably well very early and steadily got worse as the season went on. The PNG game was ok for Nederlands defense, which may be what prompted the positive comment from a PNG fan. I got beat up all last season by my fellow fans for telling the truth but it was what it was. As far as this season, I have no idea. I would expect Central, Ozen and Lumberton to be pretty good. Ned and PNG could go anywhere from lower middle of the pack to the top. At this point my guess would be that they should make up the top 5 defenses in no particular order.

baddog, cornhusker has nothing to do with Nebraska and their sorry defense. By the way do you want some cheese with that whine? ;

cornyhusker, no whine here. Just explaining. I can't see how I got cornhusker mixed up with Nebraska. What a huge mistake.

Which HS team do you follow?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I think Ozen will have one of the better defenses in the district this year. Will they have the BEST defense, I'm not sure, but they will be tough. They were pretty tough last year despite their record. I would say PNG's Defense will be a ? mark due to them losing all but 1 starter from last year's team. I'm sure they will have a good D-Line with some good size like last year but I will say that when I watched them in 7on 7 earlier this year their LB's and Secondary looked like they were lacking size... Almost all of them.

And one add on to Maverick's statement. Who beat LaMarque in the playoffs? It took a pretty good Defense to do that.

And one add on to Maverick's statement. Who beat LaMarque in the playoffs? It took a pretty good Defense to do that.

ummmmmmm lamarque wasnt all that good of a team last year just thought i'd throw that out there.......who did lumberton get eliminated from the playoffs by??

ummmmmmm lamarque wasnt all that good of a team last year just thought i'd throw that out there.......who did lumberton get eliminated from the playoffs by??

They weren't all that shabby either. They were still LaMarque...the defending state champs and they still had some incredible athletes with a lot of speed. Atleast the Raider D was able to make it to the 3rd round unlike somebody else. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Oh, we got eliminated by Waller which almost knocked Dayton out. They weren't too shabby either.

Ozen lost its DC to converse judson. their LB coach isnt there anymore and the OL coach is now the DC and they lost the HUGE DT who gave everybody so many problems and kept the OL off the LBs and Ozens underlevels were very bad so I just dont see them being very good. also on another note why would you dog teams that were alot better than you last year ozensfinist? you talk like a 12 year old

Ozen lost its DC to converse judson. their LB coach isnt there anymore and the OL coach is now the DC and they lost the HUGE DT who gave everybody so many problems and kept the OL off the LBs and Ozens underlevels were very bad so I just dont see them being very good. also on another note why would you dog teams that were alot better than you last year ozensfinist? you talk like a 12 year old

not dogging em jus stating facts...........and ok we shall see

yea yea yea thats all over and done with lets see what happens when lumberton plays that team who didnt make it to the playoffs this yr......

Hey Ozen, I'm not worried about Ozen's D being good this year as I know they will be. My question to you is how are they going to be on offense, especially at the QB position? I wasn't too impressed with him when I saw him in Lufkin at 7 on 7.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder