Congradulations- Vidor Shetland, Vidor Pinto & Orange Mustang "Headed to STATE"

It was a crazy night.  Because of early lightning delays, our game started really late.  We did not start until about 10 pm.  We did not end until 11:30 pm.  Our Shortstop was sick and on Antibiotics.  Our first baseman was coming to the field late and was involved in a very serious car wreck (everyone was ok, but the car was not drivable).  They were lost when the accident happened and it took people a long time to find them and get our First Baseman to the game on time.  There were lots of lights, people and distractions.  And did I mention that these kids are only 6.

We did not play our best defensive game but we hit the ball well and managed a one run win (without batting in the 6th) with a stabbing catch by our first baseman.

I am very proud of the boys and the way the kept playing despite the distractions and the late hour.  I hope we can continue to represent the Golden Triangle well all week.

Next game tomorrow night at 5pm.

Congrats to the Pinto team who opened up very strong and then hung in with a big hitting team for a big win earlier in the night. 

I am going to keep posting because so many of you asked me to during the Sectional Tournament. 

Tonight was an amazing game.  We fell behind 5-0 after 1.  We were down 15-10 after 3.  Our boys never gave up and managed an incredible 28-20 win. 

The director came up to us coaches after the handshake and said "That was one helluva comeback."

We play tommorow night at 6:30 and we need one more win to advance to the Final Four on Saturday.

Thanks to all of you pulling for us, texting us, e-mailing us.  It makes us feel like we are part of something bigger than just our little team.  We appreciate the support.

I am going to keep posting because so many of you asked me to during the Sectional Tournament. 

Tonight was an amazing game.  We fell behind 5-0 after 1.  We were down 15-10 after 3.  Our boys never gave up and managed an incredible 28-20 win. 

The director came up to us coaches after the handshake and said "That was one helluva comeback."

We play tommorow night at 6:30 and we need one more win to advance to the Final Four on Saturday.

Thanks to all of you pulling for us, texting us, e-mailing us.  It makes us feel like we are part of something bigger than just our little team.  We appreciate the support.

Congratulations to Vidor players and coaches. Keep up the Good work and have fun. You have support in Orange.

Well I wished I had better news but unfortunately I don't both team got eliminated today.. Both teams played there HEARTS out and  unfortunately someone had to lose but one thing for sure there are no loser here we all are winners. To coach Hal and his staff great job guys.

congradulations on a great season!i also want to thank you guys for the scrimmage,it helped us win the 7u world series.the looks on the faces of the so called better houston,corpus,& louisiana teams was priceless after we sent them to the house.well good luck next year i know you will be in it again.if you know of any 5 tool players that are going to be 8 for next year send them my way? 

Our ride (Shetland All-Stars) ended tonight.  After last night we really thought we had a chance to win this thing. However, we were not able to get them tonight.  We lost two. 

I am very proud of our boys.  5th place in the State is nothing to hang our heads about.  Thanks to everyone for the support and the good wishes.  These boys played their hearts out and deserve to be treated like winners. 

Also congrats to the Pinto team who fought a great tournament as well.

Well, your right daddy23-nothing to hang your heads about! Great job and most importantly for a group of kids this age, I bet they had a ton of fun and a great experience and thats what its all about. Robby, Hal,and all of the coaching staff on both teams- good job guys. At least yall put the Golden Triangle on the map for us up there at Irving!

Just got back from Dallas..  tons of fun and alot of memories..The GT was represented very well. Alot of good baseball and alot of competition.

I will say more later, but we sometimes think eachother 's towns get carried away and are bad sports..Think again!!!

They made our area look like Saints!! 

For the pinto they did great they played good teams and did very well.Coach Hal did an OUTSTANDING job along with Coach Clint with the Shetland..I couldn't have asked for two better guys to coach my young one.they were great and I will let my kid play for them anytime.The Vidor support was tremendous..Both teams  hung out with one another..  When one played the other team got there early and watched eachother play..When one team was done they would come find the other and root them on.(even if it was midnight)..Great representation from both divisions ..Vidor and the GT was a team and area to beat up there..

Great job Coaches ....I am very proud of the way our fans and coaches handled them selves under alot of intense baseball and rude fans..

Great job Hal and Clint from the "fence crew"!!!  they didn't have to do much yelling the fence crew took care of that!! ;) ;D

Congrats to both Teams.  Because I think the boys deserve the recognition, members of the 2008 Pinto Team are:

#18-CF    BRENDAN DUNIGAN

#30-SS    KEATON JONES

#5 -2ND    BRADEN CARTER

#44-3RD  TYLER FOUNTAIN

#2-1ST    DYLAN HOUSEMAN

#7-LF      GARRETT BASDEN

#14-RF    LANDON CAMPBELL

#11-C      DILLION COPELAND

#99-P      GAGE GONZALES

#9-C        CLAYTON PETRIE

I CANT PUT IN WORDS HOW PROUD OF THE BOYS I AM, WORD JUST CANT SAY. GREAT JOB BOYS!!!!!!

I agree that all of the boys deserve to be recognized.  The Shetland Team:

#12 Derek Brasher  1B

#11 James "Kelby" Odom 2B

#9  Cory Kizer SS

#6 Braydon Leger 3B

#10 Klay Sylvester P (only 5 yr old on the team)

#23 Luke LaPray C

#4 Mason Brown LF

#5 Brad Nunez LCF

#25 Bryce Bowman RCF

#17 Bryce Tousha RF

#7 Cade Leonard RF

#91 Chance Woodroome Designated HR Hitter (and boy did he hit them)

Also, everyone should know that two of the boys (#10 and #17) are from Evadale.  Our team would not have been the same without them. 

Also, I have got too much credit for the success of this team and our league team.  Clint Brasher has been the main part of our coaching success.  But do not forget about Jason Sylvester (our hitting coach all year) who could not have done any more for the team, and James Odom who worked with our outfield. 

As time heals the pain of the last loss, the reality of just how special this experience was is starting to sink in.  I am grateful to have been a part of such an incredible ride.  All of these boys are amazing.

Just returned home.  Southlake Carroll won the Shetland over the Austin team that we beat 28-20 then lost twice to them.  They had to beat us twice on Friday and they did.  The first game was close (21-20) but the second was not and the Austin team (Young Legends) played their best game of the tournament.  Our boys had never lost and I think it was tough on them.  I learned a lot up there -- we played the fewest games of any team in the Shetland tournament.  Most had played 20+ games (their All Star tournament plus several invitationals). 

I am super proud of our boys.  Even in the last game when things weren't going well, they still played and kept their heads up.  It was a great experience and, for sure, we can compete with any team up there. 

Pinto did great as well.  They will be a force to be reckoned with next year.  Kudos to Robbie, Lance and crew for their work with that team.  They represented our area well.  Lots of people at the tournament were wondering "who is Vidor?" after the wins posted by our teams. 

Coach Clint

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder