Congradulations- Vidor Shetland, Vidor Pinto & Orange Mustang "Headed to STATE"

Just returned home.  Southlake Carroll won the Shetland over the Austin team that we beat 28-20 then lost twice to them.  They had to beat us twice on Friday and they did.  The first game was close (21-20) but the second was not and the Austin team (Young Legends) played their best game of the tournament.  Our boys had never lost and I think it was tough on them.  I learned a lot up there -- we played the fewest games of any team in the Shetland tournament.  Most had played 20+ games (their All Star tournament plus several invitationals). 

I am super proud of our boys.  Even in the last game when things weren't going well, they still played and kept their heads up.  It was a great experience and, for sure, we can compete with any team up there. 

Pinto did great as well.  They will be a force to be reckoned with next year.  Kudos to Robbie, Lance and crew for their work with that team.  They represented our area well.  Lots of people at the tournament were wondering "who is Vidor?" after the wins posted by our teams. 

Coach Clint

Glad to hear Southlake won..."Ut oh"!!      "Don"t ya know"  I bet they  were a little humbled after that game.....

Just returned home.  Southlake Carroll won the Shetland over the Austin team that we beat 28-20 then lost twice to them.  They had to beat us twice on Friday and they did.  The first game was close (21-20) but the second was not and the Austin team (Young Legends) played their best game of the tournament.  Our boys had never lost and I think it was tough on them.  I learned a lot up there -- we played the fewest games of any team in the Shetland tournament.  Most had played 20+ games (their All Star tournament plus several invitationals). 

I am super proud of our boys.  Even in the last game when things weren't going well, they still played and kept their heads up.  It was a great experience and, for sure, we can compete with any team up there. 

Pinto did great as well.  They will be a force to be reckoned with next year.  Kudos to Robbie, Lance and crew for their work with that team.  They represented our area well.  Lots of people at the tournament were wondering "who is Vidor?" after the wins posted by our teams. 

Coach Clint

Glad to hear Southlake won..."Ut oh"!!      "Don"t ya know"  I bet they  were a little humbled after that game.....

Yeah -- Southlake was putting on them pretty rough.  Not a lot of noise on their side.  Southlake 10 runned them -- they were very disciplined and balanced. The Austin team hit the ball better but got rattled early -- like how they rattled when we beat them on Thursday. 

Congrats to all the kids on the team. It was a great team effort no superstars just alot of gritty little ballplayers that played well as a team.I have to go take care of my car now everyone that was there knows what happened. Piratefan we know what to expect the next time we meet the legends and will be prepared. I nominate you for the fireup coach next year. 

congradulations on a great season!i also want to thank you guys for the scrimmage,it helped us win the 7u world series.the looks on the faces of the so called better houston,corpus,& louisiana teams was priceless after we sent them to the house.well good luck next year i know you will be in it again.if you know of any 5 tool players that are going to be 8 for next year send them my way? 

Coach pitch or kid pitch?

Our ride (Shetland All-Stars) ended tonight.  After last night we really thought we had a chance to win this thing. However, we were not able to get them tonight.  We lost two. 

I am very proud of our boys.  5th place in the State is nothing to hang our heads about.  Thanks to everyone for the support and the good wishes.  These boys played their hearts out and deserve to be treated like winners. 

Also congrats to the Pinto team who fought a great tournament as well.

That's two years in a row that a team from the GT has finished 5th in State. Let's keep it going and sooner or later one of our teams will get the Championship.

Congrats to all the kids on the team. It was a great team effort no superstars just alot of gritty little ballplayers that played well as a team.I have to go take care of my car now everyone that was there knows what happened. Piratefan we know what to expect the next time we meet the legends and will be prepared. I nominate you for the fireup coach next year. 

I don't know what to say..I am blushing...

I don't know what to say..I am blushing...

Your face was red but I dont think it was from blushing

Guest cmojica

as a fan in the stands. i could not believe the behavior of the shetland vidor parents. i see you people never stop. you have obviously lost sight of the reason we are at the state tournament. ALL teams, ALL players, and All coaches played and worked hard, but i guess you have to be a mature adult to realize that. Our boys are 2nd in state. Face it!! Until we meet again, PUMP PUMP PUMP IT UP. PUMP THAT YOUNG LEGENDS SPIRIT UP!!! KEEP, KEEP, KEEP IT UP...KEEP THAT YOUNG LEGENDS SPIRIT UP.... :D

as a fan in the stands. i could not believe the behavior of the shetland vidor parents. i see you people never stop. you have obviously lost sight of the reason we are at the state tournament. ALL teams, ALL players, and All coaches played and worked hard, but i guess you have to be a mature adult to realize that. Our boys are 2nd in state. Face it!! Until we meet again, PUMP PUMP PUMP IT UP. PUMP THAT YOUNG LEGENDS SPIRIT UP!!! KEEP, KEEP, KEEP IT UP...KEEP THAT YOUNG LEGENDS SPIRIT UP.... :D

That's an interesting comment coming from a "fan in the stands" who the Pony Director had to tell to be quiet.  I thought your team was great and had no problem with your coach.  The problem was your fans.  Yelling at 6 year old boys when they bat is ridiculous.  You were told the first night you could not talk to our players, so the next night you yelled especially loud when our boys were batting (for your team).  Interestingly, you weren't nearly as loud when your kids were batting.  That, in essence, is why the Director told you to stop.  In fact, your coach apologized for your conduct.  FYI.

Vidor fans don't even worry about that guys comments.We all knew what happened and thats it..the Vidor parents,coaches and most of all the players represented the GT very well .

Everyone from the Gt would have been proud.I dont believe he was there anyways.he is not even saying the chant that they were saying all tournament.obviously he is just trying to wire something up.

Go Vidor!!

Guest yankee fan

toooo funny ;D the pinto fans are just the same!!!

Guest 1armpirate

toooo funny ;D the pinto fans are just the same!!!

whats surprising to me is how would a person from Austin know about this website...??? hmmm...maybe it is someone who didn't make it to state this year trying to stir the pot ..maybe it was someone who thinks the Pinto fans are the same way..interesting....make you go hmmm....

Guest 1armpirate

I have not said anything about hispanics..I siad they were wearing Austin t-shirts..how is they racist??

get the chip off your shoulder

Guest 1armpirate

Well it wasnt meant to be racist..

talk about cleaning up the area are you kidding me??? And no there wasnt a Vidor fan hanging on a fence yelling at the Austin kids..the whole game!!!!!!!

I am sorry the Austin fans were the rudest I have ever seen in my life!!!  how about the coach #31 jumping up and yelling in the other coaches face?? If it was calm then why did the director have to be called out there?? why did yalls coach #99 apologize for yalls behavior??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder