Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

Both teams have class and both teams classless people!!!!!  Why not be a classy person and say congrats to all of the kids (5-6 year olds) on a job well done.  Vidor won.........act like you have done it before!!!!

Act like yall have lost before instead of hollering at the kids..

Trust me we have won before..I believe it was about a year ago and we were sitting in Dallas playing in the state tournament..And there was a great group of kids from Orange (and coaches ) who got along well and were very classy..

You might have won the little sectional tournament last year but your stay in dallas was brief.  If I remember it was two games and back to the house.  So don't act like vidor has never been beat.

Did you really just post that.  You do know the kids were 5-6.  This whole thread needs to be deleted.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bbguru01

WOW!!! I cant believe that somebody from Sour Lake or China (TCMOM) would degrade someone from which town they reside. I guess they dont have A " Trailor PARK" in those two towns. There are Trailor parks in every town. You probably live in a trailor. Heck, there was a crowd over on the right field side (TC FANS). We spotted you the first time you opened that pie hole of yours. We couldnt miss that white parachute you was wearing!!! Every time I seen you, you had a HOT DOG in one hand and a CIGARETTE in the Other, So again dont overload your A$$ with your mouth! Good luck to TC tonight.

Man!!! ;D I just spit my coke all over the computer screen... ;D ;D

as Larry the cable guy would say "thats funny right there,I dont care who you are thats funny"....

Guest bbguru01

I can see I aint getting no work done today.. ;D

I do work with a guy from Groves who said he was there last night after there game he stayed.He said both teams are good ,but Vidor did a little better on both sides of the ball.He said things did get a little loud.

But he said some of those kids you wouldnt think were tee-ballers.Alot of good defensive plays were made from what I hear..

Should  be a good one Friday.

And If I get this right whoever plays Vidor Friday has to beat them twice? And if Vidor wins the first one then it is over?

Cant wait until Mustang and Bronco start up..Bronco this weekend and Mustang next week.

Everyone should refer back to Daddy23's earlier statement. I think he put it very well. Let's all remember that the kids are looking up to us & we should always do our very best to convey to them the right messages. These kids have done an OUTSTANDING JOB representing their towns & so should ALL the fans & coaches alike. Still two to three games to get it right. Things could go either of three ways. Groves still has a chance to knock TC & Vdr out!!! 8)

I have a novel idea. Lets quit griping and complaining about each other,whether it is our mouth or where we live and talk about baseball. How well the kids are doing and the scores. Isn't this what this thread is suppose to be about. Good Luck to TC, Groves, and Vidor

I remember the Pinto problems we had last year in TC. I will say this ,there is alot of good people in TC and I have some friends over there as well.But there was a handful of problems.

I was at the game last night and I wouldn't say shocked because I have seen alot, but really dissappointed.There was a earlier post about the kids eating at mazzio's together and just worrying about how to team up and get more tickets.That really about sums it up.These kids just want to play ball and have fun.Win or lose on the way home they are either thinking about what Wii ,or playstation game they are going to play, and or how they can convince there parents if little Johnny from the team can stay the night with them.

I agree the umpiring could have been better, but thats just baseball and everyage group has that.

I remember last year I coached the Pinto all stars and I met a great group of guys from Orange(TD,and Chad)and Orange's  parents. Before every game we would talk, and AFTER we called eachother.Yes they beat us and they had the better team and advanced to the State tournament. Then our Shetland  team beat Orange in the finals and advanced to the state tournament..I called up to Dallas everyday and Talked to the Orange's coach and was wishing them the best of luck and rooting them on.They to inturn the same people that got beat in the Shetland division was up in Dallas rooting our Vidor team on and vice versa.That right there folks is class and that is the way to handle youth sports . It was good to hear all the way here at home that both parents and coaches from Vidor and Orange who knocked eachother out of the finals  in different divisions were up there cheering and supporting one another.

I will say this and then I am done.The more excited the coach gets, the more excited the parents get.The more "professional" and "calm" the coach remains, the more the fans remain calm.Coach you are ultimately responsible for your parents.If you hear a parent hollering at a kid ,and you dont say anything then that means you are approving of it.

Good luck to both teams and it should be a good one Friday!

Corey, right back at you.  We have always enjoyed playing Vidor and Groves. 

This topic is one of the reasons my son and I are not playing/coaching all-stars this year.  It got pretty ugly last year also.

Chad

That goes for me too Corey Vidor was a good group to coach and play against last year. I'm not coaching and my boys aren't playing this year either. I can say that one difference between all-stars and select ball is that the coaches get along. I have shared ideas and strategies with teams from Nederland and Bridge City. Those are the two teams that we have either scrimmaged or just gotten to know. don't get me wrong you still have a few coaches that get out of hand but most of the coaches are there to help kids regardless of where they are from. Speaking of that I would love to have kids come tryout for my team next year. I will post it when time comes. It doesn't matter to us if you live in TC, Vidor, Groves, or any of the other surrounding cities. All that matters to us is that your child want to first learn the game second want to have fun and the third thing usually takes care of itself if we (as coaches and parents) take care of the first two. The third thing being wants to win.

Wow, Drama in Shetland ville--- Hey the Groves 2 catcher is the funniest kid I ever seen did anyone see him make that play home in their first game against Vidor? That is what tee ball is all about Having fun and learning a fundamental or maybe even two.

Win or lose be a good sport........ GO VIDOR (crush thier heads) just kidding

I have to agree that the Groves 2 catcher is the most memorable boy in the tournament.

He was bringing our bats back to our dugout after every hitter and sometime during the play.

I have heard lots of people comment on how much fun he was to watch.

The fields got a lot of rain. They dont look good. Lots of water around 2nd and SS. I think you could get them in some kind of playing shape but people will need to respond quickly. It needs hi-dry and be squeegeed. If we get out there at 6:00 theres no way they will be playable. If cancelled does anyone know what the schedule will be.

Congrats to TC on a convincing win tonight over Groves. 

Congrats to Groves on a great comeback performance in the tournament.  After losing in Round 1, they recovered and won 4 straight games before losing to a great TC team.

Good Luck to both teams tomorrow. 

I echo the thoughts of others that we have some great young baseball talent in the Golden Triangle.

Ditto on earlier comment about Groves. Way to battle back and keep grinding throughout the tournament. Playing 6 games in 6 days must have been tiring, but fun, on kids, coaches, and fans. Great tournament. Congrats to TC on their win tonight. Good luck tommorow night against Vidor. By the way, umpires usually get talked about only when they make bad calls, but I felt they did an excellent job of not only getting into the right position to make the call, but making good calls too. Good game guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho