Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?

Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The District Title In 20 4A?

• Central
    • Ozen
    • Livingston
    • Lumberton
    • Nederland
    • LC-M
    • PN-G
    • Vidor

I like Central and Ozen to finish 1-2 in district.  Last time they were ranked this low(Suggs and Brooks), they finished 1-2 and I see Ozen with 15 starters back making some noise along with Central running the ball more.  Nederland hasn't stopped the run in 6 seasons and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  Plus they've shown an inability to run the ball so if you can't run nor stop the run, it makes for a long season....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nederland will be very potent offensively, but who will step up on D?  I look for the Dogs to hang a bunch of points up this season...I also look for Central to return to form this year and for PNG to be in the mix as well with Tatum at QB...i also look for Lumberton to be in the mix for years to come.

1.  Nederland

2.  Central

3.  PNG

4.  Lumberton

5.  Livingston

6.  Ozen

7.  Vidor

8.  LCM

I like Central and Ozen to finish 1-2 in district.  Last time they were ranked this low(Suggs and Brooks), they finished 1-2 and I see Ozen with 15 starters back making some noise along with Central running the ball more.  Nederland hasn't stopped the run in 6 seasons and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  Plus they've shown an inability to run the ball so if you can't run nor stop the run, it makes for a long season....

Nederland showed an inability to run the ball last season...i think that will improve this year somewhat

SFA, look for the ned defense to work some more sophisticated defensive schemes this year.  Stop the run at all costs and count on the studs A. Cardenas and R. Brady to stop the pass. We gonna put our best athletes, fastest playas at corner and stop the run... theirs your district championship.... please mark and hold this post.  Penny said it first!!

Before I begin to bookmark post, please enlighten me and the rest of the gang on this so-called 'sophisticated defense'....

It's either gonna be an even or odd-man front with either zone or man coverage or a combination.  Putting your best 22 even if it's 16 doesn't work well for Ned.  Never has, and never will....

I agree with Ned Bulldog. its gonna be a hard fought battle for the top spot and I would say Nederland has a slight edge at the moment but they still have to prove they are gonna play defense. Central has all the athletes to make a run but They did last year also and really dissappointed. so we'll see how they do. PN-G and Lumberton are in very simalar situations with both coming off of very good seasons but losing some key pieces but still having some good ones in place. It all depends on how they replace what they lost. Livingston has some talent but their playoff run was tainted by playing schools in inner city Houston. Besides that I just dont see anyone else really challanging because Ozens underlevels were real bad last year and Ozen was not a very good team to begin with and they are losing kids to Kelly. Vidor has been scrappy and even with the 2 new coaches I dont see them winning. LCM has lost way to much off a team that wasnt very good.

You know its funny how when a local team goes to the playoffs and I attend the game (other than my school) that you see fans from all the other teams in the area pulling for there district to win. Like last year I became a Dayton fan after they went into the playoffs and I knew we would not have to play them again. I like to see our area do well and pull for any team locally in the playoffs. These are kids just like my own kids who put in the time and effort to play sports and still maintain there grades. Im proud of all of the kids out there. Its sad to see when people put em down because of what school they go to. A few years ago I was in the dome watching my team play and I end up setting next to a older gentleman from Central. I told him it was nice to see other fans from the area supporting our team/district. The man taught me a lesson that day. He told me he loved football and he loved all the kids period. He winked at me and said especially those from our area. So from that day on I am a Southeast Texas football fan Not just a PN-G Indian fan.

Goodluck to all the teams this season.

You know its funny how when a local team goes to the playoffs and I attend the game (other than my school) that you see fans from all the other teams in the area pulling for there district to win. Like last year I became a Dayton fan after they went into the playoffs and I knew we would not have to play them again. I like to see our area do well and pull for any team locally in the playoffs. These are kids just like my own kids who put in the time and effort to play sports and still maintain there grades. Im proud of all of the kids out there. Its sad to see when people put em down because of what school they go to. A few years ago I was in the dome watching my team play and I end up setting next to a older gentleman from Central. I told him it was nice to see other fans from the area supporting our team/district. The man taught me a lesson that day. He told me he loved football and he loved all the kids period. He winked at me and said especially those from our area. So from that day on I am a Southeast Texas football fan Not just a PN-G Indian fan.

Goodluck to all the teams this season.

I feel the same way prep

With the talent Central and Ozen has back we both have a shot.

you both will have a better feel for where you are after the WB games. I can think of no better way to see if you are ready for that district. Playing great against WB will say it all.

Lumberton's playoff honeymoon is coming to an end. The Loeb Raiders are depleted, and will fight with the bottom feeders as in years past.

Central and Ozen have athletes GALORE! Both teams will make a playoff push if the correct system is implemented.

Nederland has way too many returning players not to make the playoffs, and PNG has a BIG "?" on the defense...

LCM and Vidor will each battle for last

IMO, Livingston is the dark horse. Who knows? They may pick up where Dayton left off

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder