J-League Goals of the Month

Japan has paterned their youth system to resemble the Brazilians as much as possible.  The result is exciting, free-flowing soccer with plenty of heel-flicks, 1-2 combo's, and zig zagging charges at the goal...oh and crappy defense, too.  It sure beats the mid-table EPL team's mentality of Route One soccer.  Here's the goals of the month from March:

This is the hidden content, please

Check these out from 2007:

Wow, most of those are long-range bombs... Now if Japan could play like that all the time, they would be pretty dang hard to beat...

Some of those guys are actually Brazilians like Bare and Juninho.  There's more than a dozen Brazilians on J-League rosters. 

I'm so glad the MLS is drifting away from signing mid-level Euro's and opting for more Central and South Americans.  I can't stand the "hack and whack" attitude of some of the lower level European leagues.  La Liga is fun to watch...the Dutch Eredivise seems like it has quality stuff...other than that...ehh.  I'd like to see the MLS tap into some of the African countries, too.  There's bound too be a TON of unknown talent there who would come to the States at a bargain.

Makes me want to watch some J-League instead of MLS... Lol

Set your DVR for Fridays at noon on FSC.  It's a half hour hi-light show.

You can get your updates here:

MLS needs to go check out the Ivory Coast and Ghana, I mean these players had to come from somewhere...

And don't forget Nigeria or South Africa.  Not to mention the mostly unknown countries like Liberia that produced the 1995 FIFA World Player of the Year George Weah.  I remember watching him when I was in college and he was at AC Milan.  Check out his Wiki:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder