*Jasper vs. Tarkington 1 Game Series!!! Predictions?*

Was it Jasper that wanted a one game series?

Don't know, but that would surprise me if it was Jasper's idea.  But if Jasper wins "the one", then their pitching will be even more rested for the next week.  :)  I think Jasper will fare very well in either format since they now have Stephenson back.

Tarkington wanted 1 game.

That does not surprise me.  What is the story line on Tarkington?  I presume they must have ONE very good pitcher?  Is so, maybe they did not pitch him against Kingwood Saturday?

Hup, where are you?  I know you could give us a good scouting report.  ;)

Tarkington wanted 1 game.

That does not surprise me.  What is the story line on Tarkington?  I presume they must have ONE very good pitcher?  Is so, maybe they did not pitch him against Kingwood Saturday?

Hup, where are you?  I know you could give us a good scouting report.  ;)

They have a good ace yes.  I haven't seen Tarkington or Jasper this year so I am not one who can give a scouting report, but I bet it is a tight game. 

Guest rambleonus

Jasper can't take Tarkington lightly in a 1 game series.  Brewer for Tark is a tuff lefty who hits his spots when he's on.  I think it's going to be a 1 or 2 run game.  Toss up.

I know nothing about Tarkington, but from 3abaseball.com/22-3A is their record:

This is the hidden content, please

CLEVELAND TARKINGTON LONGHORNS

Coach:  Chris Wiggins (3rd Year)                        2007 Record:  16-6, 8-2

Playoffs:  Bi-District Bye;  Lost to Needville in Area Round (4-11)

Returning Starters

Brandon Smelley, Sr, SS/P - 1st Team A-D          Travis Hobbs, Jr, 1B - Newcomer of Year

Jared Miller, Sr, 2B - 2nd Team A-D                      Brent Johnson, So, OF

Ryan Brewer, SR, P/OF - 1st Team A-D

Schedule

2/18        Huntington        7pm                W 7-3        1-0         

2/21-23  Cuero Tournament

Industrial                        L 5-4          1-1

West Columbia                W 5-3        2-1 

Rockport-Fulton              L 6-9          3-1

Shepherd                        W 7-3        3-2           

2/26        Hardin-Jefferson    7pm            L 2-15        3-3       

2/28-3/1 Cleveland Tournament 

Hardin-Jefferson              L 1-12        3-4

Liberty                            L 7-9          3-5

Anahuac                          W16-4        4-5           

3/6-8      Huntington Tournament

Shelbyville                      W 9-1        5-5

Huntington                      W 13-5      6-5 

Corrigan-Camden            W 13-2      7-5

Woden                            W 7-4        8-5         

3/11        @ Splendora        7pm              W 19-6      1-0, 9-5           

3/14        Kingwood Park        7pm          W 3-1        2-0, 10-5       

3/17        @ Shepherd        7pm              W 16-11    3-0, 11-5         

3/20        Danbury            3pm                L 5-8              , 11-6         

3/25        Coldspring        7pm                  W 3-1        4-0, 12-6         

3/28        @ Cleveland        7pm              W 12-7      5-0, 13-6           

4/1          @ Liberty        7pm                    W 9-4        6-0, 14-6     

4/4          Splendora        7pm                  W 13-1      7-0, 15-6           

4/8          @ Kingwood Park        7pm        L 0-1        7-1, 15-7         

4/11        Shepherd        7pm                    W 12-2      8-1, 16-7           

4/18        @ Coldspring        7pm              W 9-2      9-1, 17-7           

4/22        Cleveland        7pm                  W 10-0    10-1, 18-7         

4/25        Liberty            7pm                    W 12-5    11-1, 19-7

4/26        Kingwood Park (Seeding Game)  L 4-10              19-8

Observations:

I notice that they were drummed out of the playoffs last year in a one-gamer by Needville 4-11.

I noticed one common opponent, HJ.  HJ won 15-2, Jasper split with HJ.  Other than that, not much to go on.

District 22 Records:

W    L                W    L    T

Kingwood Park             11   1                17    5    0

Cleveland Tarkington   11    1                19    8    0

Coldspring-Oakhurst     7     5               11   11   0

Splendora                    6     6                 7     7   0

Liberty                        5     7                 5     9    0

Shepherd                     2    10               4    13   0

Cleveland                     0    12                0    13   0

On paper, doesn't look like a very tough district.  But that could be misleading.  Third and fourth place teams only played 500 ball.  Nevertheless, Jasper had better prepare for a tough opponent and a tough game.  One night of mistakes and you go home ...........

Guest luke tha drifter

Tarkington has the sticks to hit a pitcher that throws 83-85 mph....this game will come down to defense, and if I know tarkington will be hammered to them at practice this week...I believe their motto is "HORNS, DEFENSE, WIN"......we shall see

Tarkington is going to be more of a threat than you think, it will be won by 1 or 2 runs. Does anyone know who's getting the nod for Jasper?

It would be just a guess who will pitch.  Coach Mixon has the ability to surprise at the last minute!  

Guest Orangeboy

Tarkington is going to be more of a threat than you think, it will be won by 1 or 2 runs. Does anyone know who's getting the nod for Jasper?

One would think Justin Parson's, he is their go to man.

One would think Justin Parson's, he is their go to man.

On the other hand, Stephenson is just about as good, just a different style.  Each won a game at state last year.  I would guess that it definitely will be one of those two.  But you never know with Mixon .........

Last year against Bellville, Jasper pitched Ryan Ellis in the first game of a double header.  I expected to see Parson's on the mound to start the second game.  Wrong, Ryan Ellis started the second game also, and pitched the allowed three innings.

Tarkington is ok at best but you cant take anyone lightly in the playoffs. They have 1 pitcher a righty that throws about 82-84 at best with an ok curve ball. They dont hit the ball very hard but they do put it in play alot. They have a good SS who can hit and field well other than that they dont have much. JP should dominate and with that said Jasper 12-2  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder