Lamar Helmet....What do you think?

You know what would be nice?  If Lamar would have a contest for the design of the uniforms and helmets.  We already know the mascot and color but what if there was a website where us the average fan could design the helmets and uniforms.  For several years on the EA NCAA college football game series, i have been designing and playing with Lamar.  Maybe they could give away season tickets to the person with the best design.  Just a thought. 

Guest tigersvoice

You know what would be nice?  If Lamar would have a contest for the design of the uniforms and helmets.  We already know the mascot and color but what if there was a website where us the average fan could design the helmets and uniforms.  For several years on the EA NCAA college football game series, i have been designing and playing with Lamar.  Maybe they could give away season tickets to the person with the best design.  Just a thought. 

I have very little artistic ability so I'm not a participant, but, I would like to see a "MEANER" Cardinal on the helmet rather than that classic cardinal head.

Can you create teams on NCAA Football 07?

Bobcat, I like that desing, and the idea one writer had was to have a design contest...that will get buy-in on the new program, good idea.  When I played at LU, we had sort of a Alabama wanna-be look??  THe only problem here is...how do you make a cardinal look tough?!  One of the older helmets had a growling cardinal with TEETH!  Ahhh the good old days

Bobcat, I like that desing, and the idea one writer had was to have a design contest...that will get buy-in on the new program, good idea.  When I played at LU, we had sort of a Alabama wanna-be look??  THe only problem here is...how do you make a cardinal look tough?!  One of the older helmets had a growling cardinal with TEETH!  Ahhh the good old days

UL_Cardinal_head_logo.png

Guest abovetherim

I've yet to see a Cardinal with teeth. I expect the current mascot to be on the helmet and I think the helmet is going to look great. Plus, Louisville could sue Lamar if they felt our mascot was too similar to theirs.

Guest coachacola

I've yet to see a Cardinal with teeth. I expect the current mascot to be on the helmet and I think the helmet is going to look great. Plus, Louisville could sue Lamar if they felt our mascot was too similar to theirs.

Didn't Lamar run into a similar problem with the St. Louis Cardinals and that's why they didn't have a Cardinal on their helmets back then?

Guest abovetherim

Coachacola, you are definitely a guy that knows any and everything Lamar University. Yep, back when it was the St. Louis Cardinals, Lamar did infact run into some problems regarding the mascot.

Guest mffl

Coachacola, you are definitely a guy that knows any and everything Lamar University. Yep, back when it was the St. Louis Cardinals, Lamar did infact run into some problems regarding the mascot.

It still is the St. Louis Cards, however there mascot is alot different than ours now... Is the cardinal with teeth Louisville's mascot?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder