From Univ of Texas sports info dept: Brown now a 'Horn

I just hope he doesnt jet after his freshman year

Are you kidding? That kid is gone after the first year if he stays and has a good season. Gone in sixty seconds.

:'(

You will still see him play;Only it will be in a larger arena

He is not a one and done kid...  If he does it will be second round action maybe for him!

He's 6'3 and not tall enough to play the two anyone remember Augustin and Abrams? He can also pla the 1 hes been doing it on the national scene for a while now . I would rate him higher than Warren and Morgan ANd Jones .

Don't make fun of me, I'm a baseball guy but what position is a 2 and  1 ? I remember basketball positions as a guard, post, forward and center. 

He's 6'3 and not tall enough to play the two anyone remember Augustin and Abrams? He can also pla the 1 hes been doing it on the national scene for a while now . I would rate him higher than Warren and Morgan ANd Jones .

6'3"?  Oh okay! Thats tall enough for college. And I hear Warren is one heck of a player.

Don't make fun of me, I'm a baseball guy but what position is a 2 and  1 ? I remember basketball positions as a guard, post, forward and center. 

1= the smartest person on the floor...err court and  2= the selfish player

1 is typically the small guard who dribbles and passes(point guard).  2 is usually a little taller and scores more(shooting guard),  Does that help any?

1 is typically the small guard who dribbles and passes(point guard).  2 is usually a little taller and scores more(shooting guard),  Does that help any?

Thanks westend1, that clears it up.

Since I couldn't dribble very well and was a terrible shot, that's why I set closes to the popcorn machine at the end of the bench.

Thanks westend1, that clears it up.

Since I couldn't dribble very well and was a terrible shot, that's why I set closes to the popcorn machine at the end of the bench.

I usually sit in front of the popcorn machine cause I'm to clumsy to have to walk to far for it ;D

The kid is 6'2" and his true position is the point... He has a great handle and d@mn good court vision.  He has a high basketbal IQ and an incredible amount of competitiveness.  He has a good jumper as well.

His game's draw backs are recognizing good shot selection, DEFENSE, athleticism (kinda on the Daniel Gibson level), and player recognition.  He has played with his current teamates for years and still doesn't know who can handle hot passes and who can't.

The kid is 6'2" and his true position is the point... He has a great handle and d@mn good court vision.  He has a high basketbal IQ and an incredible amount of competitiveness.  He has a good jumper as well.

His game's draw backs are recognizing good shot selection, DEFENSE, athleticism (kinda on the Daniel Gibson level), and player recognition.  He has played with his current teamates for years and still doesn't know who can handle hot passes and who can't.

You are gaining my respect for you. "Player recognition!"  You are a true guru if you're getting into the technical side of this part of the game. The mental aspect of the game is the hardest part of any sport to overcome or understand. Many have the physical abilities but no sense of the mental side of the game. You gotta know your teammates and what their limitations are in any given situation on the court.

Guest DickVitale

Did shortt just compare J'Covan Brown to Daniel Gibson? I KNOW he knows better than that! Gibson CAN play both the 1 and 2 EFFECTIVELY...J'Covan has the ABILITY to play the point, but does not have the MINDSET to play the 1...That is important.

==============================================

I think shortt was saying Brown does not have the ability unlike Gibson to recognize a good shot selection, defense, etc. etc, bah-hhhh!

You are gaining my respect for you. "Player recognition!"  You are a true guru if you're getting into the technical side of this part of the game. The mental aspect of the game is the hardest part of any sport to overcome or understand. Many have the physical abilities but no sense of the mental side of the game. You gotta know your teammates and what their limitations are in any given situation on the court.

Thank you Dove...  Dickie I did say J. Brown had the ability to play the point.  Vision, handle, and skill....  But his mindset at this point in his career is not there....  That is why he compares well to Boobie Gibson.  It took many years before Daniel could break his too guard mantality....  Up until the NBA Boobie was turn-over prone and had poor recognition skills of defenses.  He actually lost the starting PG job at Texas to Abrams.  It is uncanny how the High School games of J.Brown and D.Gib mirror.  They both shot alot of threes, freethrows, and lay-up...  Neither would dunk...  both have a need to be cool on the court...  The big deferense is the Gibson is coachable and has a great attitude (he is a good kid)!

Guest DickVitale

Boobie is a natural two guard anyway, and Abrams DID NOT take anything from him, he just moved to his natural spot.  And trust me D. Gibson WILL dunk on you, I have seen it, even in high school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124