Girls score, H-J 63 OF 55

We do have one, who is not a starter but gets alot of playing time, who has an injury to her back. Some of the other girls are banged up, but nothing serious. We just have not clicked like we did earlier in the year. I sure hope we get it together soon.

The refs were very inept. If you got to the game early and saw the JV game, that was a big clue how the varsity game would go. The refs couldn't even keep up with the JV. One called OF for out of bounds when he was 15-20 ft BEHIND the girls, and OF was clearly inbounds. They also let the HJ coach stand in the court DURING PLAY. At one point she was standing in between an OF player and the girl she was guarding. The refs never told her to get off the court. During the varsity game, they called back court on OF on an inbound pass. The foul calling came fast and early. It's pretty bad when you are sitting starters out in the first quarter for foul trouble. I guess that's one way to make sure OF loses, take out the starters. We seemed to have two starters on the bench all through the game. The only way to beat that type of uneven play calling is to make every shot that is taken. Unfortunately, OF is still in somewhat of a scoring slump. Each time they would begin to put a run together, the refs would start calling fouls. They also stopped the game to have a "talk" with Paige and the girl who was guarding her. Come on! The girl was laying across her back, and Paige was "talked" to. Sure enough, PAIGE was called for a foul because she apparently got tired of wearing the guard over her back and shoulders like a shawl and pushed back on her. Why can other teams be aggressive and OF can't? Hopefully, our girls can get their shooting game going so the refs can't decide the game.

Waa Waa Waa. You lost so get over it and regroup.

It couldn't be the refs finally started calling all the over the backs and reaching in you all do in EVERY GAME YOU PLAY. Also, your ball handler always has a little skip when she shoots. (Traveling).

The referees called a great game and your fans were RUDE and OBNOXIOUS.

Sportslover is obviously a HJ fan who greatly appreciated the fine service they received from the refs. Once again, the disparity in the amount of fouls shows how one-sided this game was called. There is no way OF fouled three times more. HJ was just as aggressive, but was not called for it, that is my point. Our district is a really tough, aggressive district, but everyone seems to think it is only OF who fouls. Call it evenly, that's all we want. By the way, OF fans were pretty laid back last night, HJ was the really loud ones. Rightly so, it was your gym, we expected that. All that being said, HJ definitely deserves to be in the playoffs, they have played consistently.

No, just appreciate the fine play of the girls. They beat you. Your defense was slowwwww and your team couldn't make a shot. How is that the referees fault?

Every team, even OF can have a off day. Like I said, regroup because if you don't WOS is going to put a whipping on you like you have not seen.

WOS is CLEARLY the BEST team in the district.

I was not at the game last night, so I cannot comment on the officiating. I can say this though. I have been to OF many times for basketball games and several of those have been horribly officiated sometimes even by OF coaches. And I don't mean people stepping in because there were no officials. They were actual coaches wearing officials uniforms. I could apply many of the same comments above to those games. However, it's usually expected that when you are away the calls are going to go against you. It's called home court advantage (or in SETX "Home Cookin' "). All the time, teams win despite the officiating. Look at the Steelers, for example, they beat the heavily favored Colts despite getting completely hosed on several calls. In every game you have to overcome the odds to win. If you lose then you probably should have done more. Win or lose you gotta focus on the next game. Complaining about it just makes you seem like a sore loser (or in the Steelers case a sore winner).

Are you serious about the comment you made about OF coaches officiating games? Please, I've been going to basketball games at Orangefield for years and I have never seen an OF coach officiating a game. Get Real!! The officating was bad last night, but HJ wanted that game more than we did and thats why we lost.

Stop blaming this loss on the officials. We got beat, plain and simple as that. HJ wanted it more than we did last night and they deserved the win. They played good team ball and got after us, something that we use to do. We can't just show up and expect to win. Teams aren't scared to play us anymore, we're going to get everyone's best effort every night and we have to step up and take on the challenge. We're not doing that right now. The last time we played together as a team was against Silsbee. If these girls don't grow up quick and get their game back together, they'll be on that track sooner than they expected.

Kudos to Bobkat for accepting the loss for what it is and maitaining dignity.

To the other poster, a team has to be able to lose with the same grace that it wins with. All of the excuses are just that EXCUSES! By blaming the refs, you give kids an out and teach them to be poor sportsmen. That will not benefit them in the future as adults.

Most of the time when a team is not shooting well or playing with each other well, their play is not affected on just offense or defense....it's affected on BOTH! They are probably playing pretty sloppily. Accept it and move on.

I have been to game (girls and boys) between OF and WO-S. No one is ever happy with the way the game was called, but you can be unhappy with it, that's okay....just don't use it as an excuse when you lose.

Step up to the plate and stop the whining! Consider it honor to be able to beat teams with officiating that doesn't go your way!!! :wink:

I agree. The game is over and we can't change the outcome so don't dwell on it. We as fans need to forget last night and get ready to go out and support these girls Friday night. I am a 2004 Orangefield graduate and as big a bobcat supporter as anyone and I want us to win every time we take the floor or the field. Unfortunately ya can't win em all. Two games left in the regular season so lets go out and take care of business.

Guest bleed orange

Hardin Jefferson played hard and deserve to win. My daughter plays for Orangefield and her and I have many freinds from HJ that we have met from little dribblers. I have the up most respect for them. But I would like to say something about some comments that were said on both sides. First of all I want talk about the officiating. Officiating did not change the course of the ball game. Anytime a visiting team comes to an oposing gym after the game they wine about that they just got hosed by home town officials. HJ you are no different. Most of the officials are not even from the community of the games they call. Now I will say the officials let the kids play way to ruff. Back in my day you could not even touch the oposing players. Back in the day we played real defense. Sportslover you need to get a clue. There are rude and obnoxiouis fans everywhere even HARDIN JEFFERSON. When yall came to our gym Christy Sanders got hurt and one of your fans yelled why she was helped off, " Whats wrong things are not going your way", Then she clapped because she got hurt. There is something wrong with parents that are glad when a kid gets hurts. That my friend is crossing the line. Believe me I agree we have syco fans, but so do yall.

bleedorange...oh, how do I agree with how the game has changed in at least 15-20 years. There is way too much contact and that usually leads to one of two things...either you get refs who take the stance that they will call a very stringent, tight game and then those who just "let them play". It's hard to find a happy medium and even harder to make sure to call a "even" game because no matter the outcome, somebody is going to talk about how the game was called.

There are always fans in every crowd that are unruly and unsportsman-like. You can support your team without all of the extras. I don't particularly care for the shirtless OF guys painted and standing on the "fence" because when the Mustangs played at OF the first round, they were really obnoxious and rude to our players, but you have to applaud their spirit (it just needs to be toned down). And, as I stated before, when a team is not playing well, the fans usually get whiny about the officiating.

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life you are right. You must me be old school like me. People need to understand it is just a game. The officials or people like me and you. They are human and make mistakes like all of us. The game moves so fast you can't see everything. I officated football for 10 years, so I know a little something about the suject.

We have to remember they are just kids. Parents should get involved with their kids but some go overboard. When BJ was a Sophmore WOS played Orangefield in the championship game of the Orangefield Tournament. When they handed the championship trophy to the Orangefield girls the WOS fans booed. I do not approve of the way some Orangefield fans act but again they are everwhere.

And, it all comes in the wash (as my great-grandma would say)!!! Looks like she replaced that trophy for many more. I mean you can disagree with calls and decisions and picks, but these kids all work hard. Some work harder than others and of course we are partial to our own. :wink:

Much has been taken out of the game. I rarely see any player actually DRIBBLE the ball....they all carry it to some extent. There is too much contact. This also leads to the game getting out of hand. Oh well, I still love the game!!! :wink:

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life you are so right. The NBA has done nothing but bad things for college basketball and high school ball. The NBA is all about ME. They are teaching our kids bad habbits. The Officials are starting to call the games like they are preparing these kids for the NBA or the WNBA. The sad thing about this is probally none of these kids will make it that far. It is sad that the game has changed that munch. I liked it back in the old days when it was all about team ball. The boston Celtics of old was my farovite team. The game tonight was awesome between WOS and OF. Both teams played hard. I will say this about the game tonight both team play TEAM Ball. I know you will disagree with me on this but I will never have any respect for Coach Orebo because she is all about putting it in your face. She has no class. You know yall won, both teams played hard let it go at that but NO she has to showboat and make a spectical of her self at the end of the game. WE did not do that last year when we beat yall at your gym. I like you stang4life and I am sorry if I upset you by my comments. I dont care if coach Orebo hears my comments.

Guest bleed orange

Sportlover, the game did not reflect the final score. WOS did not put a whipping on us and they never have. WOS is very talented and I give them their credit due. Our girls are back so beware of the CATS!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder