Vidor @ PNG Friday!!!!!!

The LC-M ship hasn't sunk but it sure is sinking fast. They are bailing water and hoping to stop the leak. If they do, they can keep her afloat but if they spring another leak, they will go down to Davey Jones' locker.

Guest gladiator2

Evidently, some people did not read or understand the post that I wrote. I said that the music did not bother our pitcher's but it did bother the fan's. And yes the music was being playing while PNG's pitcher's were in their windup. It's kind of funny that when Vidor was in the field the music was turned off. Again the music had no outcome on the game but it was a lack of class and mom I know you won't be playing music like that because we do have class over at PNG!! PNG is like the NY Yankees, everyone  loves to hate us. My son plays on a team like that right now and we know that we are going to get everyone's best shot and he loves it and so do I. So just bring it Friday!!

Guest ASISEEIT

Evidently, some people did not read or understand the post that I wrote. I said that the music did not bother our pitcher's but it did bother the fan's. And yes the music was being playing while PNG's pitcher's were in their windup. It's kind of funny that when Vidor was in the field the music was turned off. Again the music had no outcome on the game but it was a lack of class and mom I know you won't be playing music like that because we do have class over at PNG!! PNG is like the NY Yankees, everyone  loves to hate us. My son plays on a team like that right now and we know that we are going to get everyone's best shot and he loves it and so do I. So just bring it Friday!!

Because of people like you..  Class?...lol

I do not hate PNG...I'm actually a closet PNG fan.  ;) Now the yankees....different story. Good luck tomorrow night.

Ok, I don't usually weigh in on debates. But since we are talking about music.........last Friday, I know Mid County Madness was going on with PNG & Nederland, our girls had a softball game against the PNG ladies.  During the ENTIRE JV game we had to listen to the loud music from the baseball field.  The JV started @ 5:00.  These girls had to play listening to all of that, batting, running, catching etc!!!!!  There was NO consideration what so ever for either the PNG ladies or the Vidor ladies.  The Varsity game even had to listen to some of this.  Varsity started their game @ 6:30.  The varsity game for the boys did not start until 7:00!  So PLEASE stop all of this stuff about classless acts and music being a nuisance to fans and players on the field in the middle of wind up etc.....because obviously if the girls can get through the loud music pitching and all then it shouldn't affect the others!

Well said VP.... It is time everyone builds that bridge and get over it.  If you didn't like how loud the music was than go to the principal or coach and say something don't come on here and contiune to complain about it.  Undoubtly it didn't bother the guys so just let it die.  It isn't about who can play their music the loudness or who has the most obnoxious fans it is about the game.  It is about showing sportmanship and playing because they love the game.  

Well said VP.... It is time everyone builds that bridge and get over it.  If you didn't like how loud the music was than go to the principal or coach and say something don't come on here and contiune to complain about it.  Undoubtly it didn't bother the guys so just let it die.  It isn't about who can play their music the loudness or who has the most obnoxious fans it is about the game.  It is about showing sportmanship and playing because they love the game.  

Ditto bear fan!  :)

As an outsider to this little rivalry that has developed,  I sure would like to see a little class added to it.  The whining and back and forth is getting old!!!!  This should be a great game with great players on both sides.  I wish I could be there but have to watch the Dogs battle the Bears.  This one will be to close to call.

I would love to see both games also, but not possible. Go Pirates!

It might look like PNG has the best shot at winning district but when you have a young team anything can happen. I would not count LCM out of the race yet, I don't see them losing again. Vidor will lose at least 2 more games (PNG,LCM). After the last game in Vidor you can bet PNG will be ready to go along with the fans and hopefully our PA announcer will crank the music up while Vidor's pitcher's are in the middle of their windup and it may not bother them just like I didn't think that it bothered our pitcher's as much as it bothered the fans. I really don't think that it will happen but you never know. I don't think that it will really matter because knowing the kind of competitor Harrington is we might not need but 1 run. His leadership has really been impressive. He has a fire in him that cannot be taught.

No music was played trying to distract the pitcher..  That is a flat out lie!!  The only music played was between innings and each player has walk-up music.  Get your facts straight before you post!

Fact is, the music is only played while the opposing team is playing defense and played loudly right up until the pitcher goes into his windup. Just to be clear, "Walk-up" music is played loudly as Vidor's batters are walking up to the plate and are settling into the batters box, then shut off just as the pitcher is ready to release the ball. But, while Vidor is playing defense, and while their pitcher's are on the mound doing their thing, trying to concentrate, the music is shut off. I would think the loud music would definitely distract an opposing pitcher. Too bad the officials won't control this obnoxious practice. Once your batter is in the batter's box, there's your que to shut it off. Play your "Walk-up" music, key word being "Walk" then shut it off. Vidor is not the only school that does this, but they are definitely the loudest and most obvious.

I don't think that it matters, but did anyone from PNG baseball coaching staff tell the umpire to speak with the Vidor announcer? Personally I don't think that the music being played for the first pitch effected the outcome of the game, but I wasn't there.  If something like that does happene and it's bothering the opposing team then they need to meet with the umpire and it's not up to the fans/parents. Calm down, I'm a PNG fan, but I just wanted to point that out, and this is a unbias statement.

The music is not played during the pitching at all. This is just sour grapes!

I agree that the music should not be an issue.  If the players did not complain to the coaches and the coaches did not tell the 'blues' anything then the point is mute.  The fans have opinions on what is obnoxious and what is inappropriate but we don't make that call.  As for PNG 'doin the same as vidor' that I keep hearing about...well don't see that happening.  Yes, there were things that I did not agree with but that was forever ago.  All thoughts should be on making the next game a good one, cheering on the kids, making a good memory for all the seniors that won't be here next year.  Friday is a pivotal night for a lot of teams.  Lets show the players that we can be adults and act our age.  (Now you can blast me for this post) lol ;D

No blasting from this side of the fence. Hopefully we can all control OURSELVES!

Guest gladiator2

I can't wait until Friday night is over because we all know what happen's to the talking V-People after a loss, they go into hybernation! From here on out the the 2 teams play will do the talking. PNG 5 Vidor 1

As for Sim's hitting. A couple weeks ago he got with Coach Fackuler who is a hitting instructor for alot of the high school hitters. He worked out Chad and what a difference its made. He has really been swatting that ball.

Wow guy must be a miracle worker. It only took him two weeks to get sims to hit 3 homeruns in one game.

Dude please make that your one and only post.

I have no ties to the game , but I will be there tonight.

I may even glance at the scoreboard every now and then to see the score, but I don't think that is where the show will be.

There should be a BIG crowd based on the number of entries...should be a good game.

I have no ties to the game , but I will be there tonight.

I may even glance at the scoreboard every now and then to see the score, but I don't think that is where the show will be.

There should be a BIG crowd based on the number of entries...should be a good game.

I am weighing in just because someone stated that we disappeared after a loss. Good game PNG! I just wish we could have held the errors down to a minimum. Now we have to get it together for OZEN and then LCM!

Wasn't able to make it to the game, my son was playing at the same time.  We were all kept updated on scoring, innings etc by a fellow parent who was there at the Varsity game.  Congratulations PNG for the WIN!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder