BC vs. Jasper Predictions?

Guest Bulldog

i'll say this, i like bc  in this game untill their most hated letter in the alphabet creeps in, E, i think that if they even make one error, they will probably lose the game, time to really focus on defense, double digit errors kept us from a state title last year, and nearly cost them the game earlier this season.

team with least mental mistakes and errors wins.  pitching will be even, it comes down to execution.

x-factor: jasper fans hightening the atmosphere to feel like it did at vincent beck

i'll say this, i like bc  in this game untill their most hated letter in the alphabet creeps in, E, i think that if they even make one error, they will probably lose the game, time to really focus on defense, double digit errors kept us from a state title last year, and nearly cost them the game earlier this season.

team with least mental mistakes and errors wins.  pitching will be even, it comes down to execution.

x-factor: jasper fans hightening the atmosphere to feel like it did at vincent beck

cardinal81o7, you hit the nail on the head.  I think the Cards have been very very luck so far in a couple of games to come out on top.  They cannot keep commiting those dreaded "E's" or the luck is gonna run out.  If they make the mental mistakes that seem to be in each game, Jasper will make them pay for each one, I am afraid.  I am pulling for them and want them to win, but to me they need to really step it up on defense.  Hopefully, that has been addressed in practice this week and the kinks are getting ironed out and they will come away with a big win this friday.

KJAS.COM also broadcasts games via internet.  On their website, under baseball mp3's, they have a few archived games including the 3rd game played at Lamar last June. Brings back memories ... This morning the site has Jasper under a tornado watch until 6pm. 

From KJAS.COM:

Dawgs, Cards, Tonight, Be There!  4/04/08  by Steve W Stewart 

Yeah, we're excited about the Air Show this weekend, but first things first. Tonight, the Dawg Diamond here in Jasper will be the most happening place in town as our Jasper Bulldogs take on the Bridge City Cardinals at 7:00pm.

The Jasper/Bridge City baseball rivalry is one of the hottest in the state, and certainly the biggest in this area.

The defending State Champions have lost only one game this year, and it was a 4-3 nail biter against Bridge City, who is undefeated.

Bridge City is still seething from last year when the Dawgs knocked them out of the playoffs and went on to win State. Meanwhile, Jasper wants another State run and Bridge City would love nothing better than to go to State themselves.

It's a big one folks, Jasper vs Bridge City, tonight, 7:00pm at the Dawg Diamond in Jasper, LIVE on KJAS with Art Lay.

Here at the field and big big kudos to the jasper staff. You can tell a lot of work has already went into the field and they are still working. The tarp is coming off now and they are sweeping the OF. They will be playing some baseball.

Guest Orangeboy

Regardless of this outcome; these teams will probably end up playing for the Regional Championship.  I don't see anyone out there to hamper their climbs up the bracket ladder.

Couple teams to the north in Hudson and Carthage, along with Needville out west.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder