The good ole Days

High School Football in Texas is better than any other sport in the world, a course that is my opinion. I do miss the the ole days before BMT ISD and PA ISD messed everything up. We had French, BCP, South Park, Hebert, Forrest Park, Lincoln, TJ and SFA We did not need to pull teams from other places to make the district it was all in the front yard.

I am glad I had the chance to play some of these great teams.

Guest bulldogbark

High School Football in Texas is better than any other sport in the world' date=' a course that is my opinion. I do miss the the ole days before BMT ISD and PA ISD messed everything up. We had French, BCP, South Park, Hebert, Forrest Park, Lincoln, TJ and SFA We did not need to pull teams from other places to make the district it was all in the front yard.

I am glad I had the chance to play some of these great teams.[/quote']

Yeah but Jasper had to always go down there and play all those teams. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) at one time there were 16 team in the district that Jasper was in , to include Orange LCM South Park, french, BCP and a few others....that was split into 2 zones with 8 teams each so you had to win your zone before even playing for you district championship....those were the days I played from 73-77'

Guest bulldogbark

Can anyone name the Mascots from those schools? I was quite young then but i remember them.

there I go spewing my coke all over my screen again....Quite Young.....must be the makeup I hear it adds ten years :D

Guest bulldogbark

I just remember playing at BCP football field. it was terrible and they kept playing this song over and over again...to this day I remember it,,,,They call me Mr touchdow , they call me mr team.... :shock:

Let me try' date=' French Bufflo's, BCP Cougars, South Park Greenies, Hebert Panters, Forrest Park Trojans, Lincoln Bumble Bees, TJ Yellow Jackets, and SFA Eagles.[/quote']

Beaumont has an entire 5A district (then called 4A) inside its city limits. It was:

South Park Greenies

Beaumont High School Royal Purples

Charlton Pollard Bulldogs

Hebert Panthers

Forest Park Trojans

French Buffalos

If I remember correctly, that was 21-4A.

22-4A consisted of (at least at the point that Beaumont consolidated):

PN-G Indians

Nederland Bulldogs

TJ Yellowjackets

Lincoln Bumblebees

Orange-Stark Tigers

Vidor Pirates

If I remember correctly, the last year that French High School was in existence, they tied for the state championship and were declared co-champions.

In Westbrooks first year of existence, they won the state championship.

Beaumont can claim that in its consolidation, one team won the state football championship in its last year and another school won it in first year.

If I remember correctly' date=' the last year that French High School was in existence, they tied for the state championship and were declared co-champions.

In Westbrooks first year of existence, they won the state championship.

Beaumont can claim that in its consolidation, one team won the state football championship in its last year and another school won it in first year.[/quote'] Your right. Pretty good deal for Beaumont.

French tied for the state title in 1984. The 1985 season was their last season. They missed the playoffs that year by losing to WO-S 10-7 in the driving rain. The teams that made the playoffs that year were WO-S (1st) and BCP (2nd). It was the first time BCP had made the playoffs since the merger of Beaumont High and Charlton Pollard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu