FOREMAN BACK AT WOS

I personally being an ex-mustang am glad to see as many of our ex-athletes back at the house, and I think that goes for most schools.  I think that almost every school in the area has some alumni working back at home.  I think ozensfastest misunderstood the earlier post supporting Toby coming back.  I did not take it as bashing the other coaches that are not from WOS, I took it as supporting ex-mustangs that come back home to coach.  There is really nothing that can be done about it anyway, Coach Hooks has made his decision and Toby is coming back.  I am looking forward to the 2008 Mustangs!!

I personally being an ex-mustang am glad to see as many of our ex-athletes back at the house, and I think that goes for most schools.  I think that almost every school in the area has some alumni working back at home.  I think ozensfastest misunderstood the earlier post supporting Toby coming back.  I did not take it as bashing the other coaches that are not from WOS, I took it as supporting ex-mustangs that come back home to coach.  There is really nothing that can be done about it anyway, Coach Hooks has made his decision and Toby is coming back.  I am looking forward to the 2008 Mustangs!!

Silverhat you are right it is always a good thing to have former athletes come back and give back to their alumni, what Im trying to say has nothing to do with the fact that Foreman who is obviously loved at the school is coming back and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that, but some are making it seem like a coaching staff is only as good as 1 or 2 coaches, a staff is comprised of many. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, and several position coaches working together not as one but as a staff.

You are 100% correct ozensfastest, the staff at WOS does a great job and has for years.  However, you have got to give credit to those that have raised the level at WOS.  Don't forget that in the history of WOS FOOTBALL this equation holds true NO THOMPSON and NO FOREMAN'S = NO PLAYOFFS!!!  UNDISPUTED........

Silverhat you are right it is always a good thing to have former athletes come back and give back to their alumni, what Im trying to say has nothing to do with the fact that Foreman who is obviously loved at the school is coming back and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but some are making it seem like a coaching staff is only as good as 1 or 2 coaches, a staff is comprised of many. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, and several position coaches working together not as one but as a staff.

I agree and also think that every situation is different when alumni come back to coach/teach.  It isn't always a good thing, and before anyone jumps on this, I am not talking about Coach Foreman, but some former athletes think that since they are back home they don't have to work as hard.  However, some feel they have to work even harder, to prove themselves.  

He didn't like Baytown Lee, obviously.  That's where he went, right?

That's not what I understand.  He did like Baytown Lee, and heard that he had a great mentor there.  It's just his heart is at WOS.  His reason for leaving WOS had nothing to do with not being happy at WOS.  There were a lot of traumatic things that happened in his personal life where he felt he had to have a change of scenery for awhile.  Anyone who knows Toby knows what he went through in the month or so before he left and no one can blame him for needing a break from Orange. 

He has had nothing but high praises regarding Coach Joseph at Baytown.

I have known Toby since he was coming to the practices and games as a little boy, and I can honestly say that there may not be a more TRUE MUSTANG then he.  It was unfortunate the circumstances that transpired last year and I know that just speaking to his father the other day he doesn't plan on leaving ever.  One of my main concerns with Coach Hooks and Coach T so close to retirement is who will run the Coral after those two and will it be continued the Mustang Way.  Toby coming back for good answers those two questions for me!

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Well said, May have to try and get so see more games this year. Live out of State but will be coming back. Now if he'll just get some playcalling duties.

I believe if I heard correctly Toby has already started with the 7 on 7 guys.  I was told that the 7 on 7 Tourny is alot earlier this year, and we will have to travel a little further to Diboll.  Never the less, glad to have Young Foreman back and looking forward to me and the boys heading up 69 South to see the Stangs represent in the Diboll Tourny.

He's smart. next 4 years WO-S will probably have 2 state titles----Lee will probably make the playoffs once.

Plus it helps he's from WO-S.     Congrats to him and WO-S. I remember him playing back when that Feathers kid was a soph. Man they put a whoopin on Lincoln at Memorial Stadium.

OH BOY, here we go.  Quit typing right now and go clean that State Championship sign from the 80's...... ::) ::)

Don't hate, BH....Maybe your "rebuilding year"  will be good for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toby For OC

He didn't like Baytown Lee, obviously.  That's where he went, right?

That's not what I understand.  He did like Baytown Lee, and heard that he had a great mentor there.  It's just his heart is at WOS.  His reason for leaving WOS had nothing to do with not being happy at WOS.  There were a lot of traumatic things that happened in his personal life where he felt he had to have a change of scenery for awhile.  Anyone who knows Toby knows what he went through in the month or so before he left and no one can blame him for needing a break from Orange. 

He has had nothing but high praises regarding Coach Joseph at Baytown.

;D Prayer Works. We have him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw