Everyone!

With the money allotted, you can buy ALOT of top class players... But thats a good thing LOL

Not gunna lie, I have a pretty stacked team... I'm not saying, I'm just saying...  ;D

This is true.  I'm just hoping that this year they'll actually change the values of players throughout the year so that by the end we aren't all sharing 7 or 8 players.

With the money allotted, you can buy ALOT of top class players... But thats a good thing LOL

Not gunna lie, I have a pretty stacked team... I'm not saying, I'm just saying...  ;D

This is true.  I'm just hoping that this year they'll actually change the values of players throughout the year so that by the end we aren't all sharing 7 or 8 players.

True that... Last year it seemed like everyone had Emilio or Angel, which took away from the competitive aspect...

my bad bon mot about the ballas

No problem at all!!  We needed a fresh start!

I'm just hoping that this year they'll actually change the values of players throughout the year so that by the end we aren't all sharing 7 or 8 players.

And don't forget Michael Harrington the rookie defender at KC who you could get for the minimum price even thought he started just about every game in the midfield.  But according to the rules, the salaries will be reset every Monday morning.

I'm just hoping that this year they'll actually change the values of players throughout the year so that by the end we aren't all sharing 7 or 8 players.

And don't forget Michael Harrington the rookie defender at KC who you could get for the minimum price even thought he started just about every game in the midfield.  But according to the rules, the salaries will be reset every Monday morning.

Yay!

Yay!

Idk if y'all have been keeping up with DC United so far this preseason, but that have a guy thats tearing it up right now, and I got him for LOW price... I shall not reveal his name though...

I have decided to change my whole format.  I have taken on a spanish mexican flare and will ride it to the championship.......... i have decided not to read the rules and to play it as I go and dig a deep hole and make a great comeback again....  and fall short again...  and ...  anyway.. my roster complete and ready to roll.. 

"Player Salaries

Initial player salaries are based on a combination of the prior season's performance and expected 2008 performance. During the season, player salaries will be updated on a weekly basis based on performance. Every Monday, player salaries will be announced just prior to the weekly transfer window opening for that week.

If you have any player on your roster that receives an increase in salary, your team value will increase by that amount for each player. (e.g., if your team value is $5,000,000 and after Week 3 you have 2 players on your roster that each receive a $30,000 upgrade, then from Week 4 forward, your team value is $5,060,000). Player values may decrease as well, however, your team value will never drop below the initial $5,000,000 budget. All salary increases go into effect on Monday during the appropriate week. In order to receive credit for the salary increase, you must have that player on your current roster at the time the raises are announced. For example, to take advantage of the salary increases that occur after Week 3, you must have those players on your Week 3 roster by the trading deadline for that week. "

And the scoring rules changed, too:

Scoring

Scoring is awarded based on the scoring system below:

Scoring Breakdown

Forward/Midfielder

Goal 10

Assist 5

Match Winning Goal 5

Shot on target 2

Hat Trick 15

Blocked Shot 2

Penalty Kick Saved/Missed -5

Own Goal -5

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Defender

Goal 15

Assist 10

Match Winning Goal 10

Hat Trick 25

Blocked Shot 2

Clean Sheet 10

Own Goal -5

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Goalkeeper

Goal 25

Assist 15

Match Winning Goal 15

Win 10

Loss 0

Tie 5

Save 2

Penalty Kick Save 15

Clean Sheet 20

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Coach

Win 20

Loss 0

Tie 10

Yellow Card (*) -1

Red Card(*) -2

(*) - Yellow cards/Red cards are on a per player basis

Okay ...  with what bonmot just wrote.  I will never figure out what is going on.......  If Bon Mot will give a class on scorekeeping and what it takes to win i would like to register... make it sort of like a defnesive driving course with pizza.  after i learn whats going on the rest of you will be behind me...

I copied and pasted that from the mlsnet site.  This first part just says that salaries can go up or down, but you'll always have at least a 5 Mil budget no matter how bad you are, I think.  The next part was the scoring break down.  I'll see if I can make it a little easier to read...

Scoring is awarded based on the scoring system below:

Scoring Breakdown

Forward/Midfielder

Goal 10

Assist 5

Match Winning Goal 5

Shot on target 2

Hat Trick 15

Blocked Shot 2

Penalty Kick Saved/Missed -5

Own Goal -5

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Defender

Goal 15

Assist 10

Match Winning Goal 10

Hat Trick 25

Blocked Shot 2

Clean Sheet 10

Own Goal -5

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Goalkeeper

Goal 25

Assist 15

Match Winning Goal 15

Win 10

Loss 0

Tie 5

Save 2

Penalty Kick Save 15

Clean Sheet 20

Yellow Card -5

Red Card -10

Coach

Win 20

Loss 0

Tie 10

Yellow Card (*) -1

Red Card(*) -2

(*) - Yellow cards/Red cards are on a per player basis

how do subs work? do your three subs acrew the same points even though they are subs

I don't think your sub's points will count toward your weekly totaly.  I thnk they are there for when your starters are injured or off, but you still don't want to sell that starter away.

Bon Mot - how do you enter your team in multiple leagues?  Or do I have to pick another team to put in your league?

I was wondering the same thing.  It looks like you would have to enter two teams, which I hate doing.  I did it with pointy football a few years back, and it got very confusing on who to cheer for.  I'll probably just stick with one team, although the thought of humbling Coach H in that stxsoccer league is tempting...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder