2008 Hardin Hornets Varsity Football Schedule

Who is EC anyway? I have chills. 

November 9, 2007 EC 57- Hardin 29, subs played 4th quarter....Refresh your memory? 

You may have your boy Thomas this year but the Dickey can go and will be a d-1 prospect. Playing in a four-a school then facing EC is a smaller task. Hang loose there Buc Fan you may be in for a rude awakening.

The Dickey kid is good but better watch the Stelly kid this year he is huge and fast heading to the state powerlifting meet with a first at regionals, this team is stacked with skill players

If these are the only two skill players they have, then how can you call a team stacked with skilled players if all you can name is two.  In order for a RB to be good, you have to have an offensive line right? From what I remember watching Hardin's game this past season, is that Stelly seemed to have a hard time remembering where the end zone was since he seemed to run straight for the sidelines, rather I should say east/west rather than north/south like a person carrying the ball should do.  If thats all Hardin has is an above average running back then all teams have to do is shut him down, then what?

But in order to win games, unless you outscore everyone, don't you have to play a little thing called defense. The offense that Coach Haynes runs is hard to stop, but I'm sure it takes so much practice time to get all the offensive timing and such down, how do you have time to practice defense?

I want someone that is currently on the Hardin Hornet football team, or one that played on it this past season to reply and tell everyone how much practice time was devoted to DEFENSE.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 81sDad

Who is EC anyway? I have chills. 

November 9, 2007 EC 57- Hardin 29, subs played 4th quarter....Refresh your memory? 

You may have your boy Thomas this year but the Dickey can go and will be a d-1 prospect. Playing in a four-a school then facing EC is a smaller task. Hang loose there Buc Fan you may be in for a rude awakening.

The Dickey kid is good but better watch the Stelly kid this year he is huge and fast heading to the state powerlifting meet with a first at regionals, this team is stacked with skill players

If these are the only two skill players they have, then how can you call a team stacked with skilled players if all you can name is two.  In order for a RB to be good, you have to have an offensive line right? From what I remember watching Hardin's game this past season, is that Stelly seemed to have a hard time remembering where the end zone was since he seemed to run straight for the sidelines, rather I should say east/west rather than north/south like a person carrying the ball should do.  If thats all Hardin has is an above average running back then all teams have to do is shut him down, then what?

But in order to win games, unless you outscore everyone, don't you have to play a little thing called defense. The offense that Coach Haynes runs is hard to stop, but I'm sure it takes so much practice time to get all the offensive timing and such down, how do you have time to practice defense?

I want someone that is currently on the Hardin Hornet football team, or one that played on it this past season to reply and tell everyone how much practice time was devoted to DEFENSE.

Who cares what you want? Are you a former Coach at Hardin or a parent? Why do you have to call out a kid or Coaching staff for their practice schedules? Who are you to get on here and demand anything? FormerHornet? Are you kidding me?

Watched the kid play last year at NC, and he is not that good.  Whoever said D-1 is hilarious, ::) if he was d-1 NC would have won more then 2 games last year.  Plus they were the largest school in a weaker 4A district. But all that being said Hardin will be back in the playoffs next year.

He was a freshman last year "i cant scratch my self and watch a football game" old ball coach........... We will see what he does in a star studded two-a district.

No you are wrong sir, you might want to check your sources because the kid was a sophmore last year, but yes played like a freshman.  ::) So Keep on scratchen son

Guest blade_65

81sdad why are you so angry at least someone is worried about Hardin who cares if you give a detailed list ya ll are stacked in the skilled postion so y'all should win every game right!

Wait wait that's right,  that is why you are 81s dad and not a coach you and men in the trenches to get the job done keep people away from the skilled kids.  Stick to what parents are good at watching and telling their kids they are the best.

Guest 81sDad

8) OK where does this leave us? Thread is of the schedule for Hardin so you boys think they will do pretty good? Since Ec won state this year how well do you think they will do next year?

PS OMG I made a mistake:

1. Your right Dickey is a soph.

2. EC failed to win state this year.

3. I just had a senior moment.

Sorry boys forgot to take my meds today so I have to go and eat me a pound of Buc meat. Be back later.  ;D

Guest ECBucFan

OK, just try to win one, just one against EC first. Or at very least avoid a blowout for a change.

Then talk it if you must.... (just one!  :P)

y'all lost to the 3rd place team in the playoffs last year so be quiet......y'all were in offseason the next week while hardin was preparing for a playoff game so who cares.....I mean every team loses but who made it farther in the playoffs....with the talent that ec has they should go a whole lot father but it seems like valastro cant win the big one....when you got guys like tt,vance, raymond, trevino, and other good players and can't get past the first round something not right.....so hardin lost to ec but who won the playoff game....hardin won 2 games the yr before and then 9 games the next year....so thats what a good coach is made of.......building a program......EC has had TT now they have lost him so lets see what there made of and see if they can build a program......

Guest ECBucFan

hardin won 2 games the yr before and then 9 games the next year....

2006: 51-0, EC, game ended at half...

2007: 57-29, EC, (was 34-7 at half)...

Win one, just one. Thats all we ask.  ;D

Guest baseball25

Do you realize it happen in a one year span......3-7,2-8 the last two years before haynes came,........haynes gets here 9-3 marsh and nolan all-staters, thats in one year.....Haynes wins everywhere look at his numbers..same thing is going to happen this year

Do you realize it happen in a one year span......3-7,2-8 the last two years before haynes came,........haynes gets here 9-3 marsh and nolan all-staters, thats in one year.....Haynes wins everywhere look at his numbers..same thing is going to happen this year

Haynes wins everywhere look at his numbers - thats a fact!

Your correct we will blow youll out of the water again this year

Yes, Haynes does have a good record. But if you look back, he did not win at Eisenhower, AND HE HAS NEVER WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH ANY TEAM HE HAS EVER COACHED. NEVER EVER EVER!!  His teams will put up tremendous offensive numbers simply because he likes to throw the ball from the spread offense. That particular offense is very hard for high school teams to stop.  The only downside to it is that they have to out score everyone because they don't play much defense because they don't have enough practice time because MOST of it is devoted to offense rather than defense. 

Let me pose a question to everyone. If Nolan and Marsh were so good last year, then why didn't they sign with a D-1 school or any college on national signing day? They can't be THAT GOOD. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, Haynes does have a good record. But if you look back, he did not win at Eisenhower, AND HE HAS NEVER WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH ANY TEAM HE HAS EVER COACHED. NEVER EVER EVER!!  His teams will put up tremendous offensive numbers simply because he likes to throw the ball from the spread offense. That particular offense is very hard for high school teams to stop.  The only downside to it is that they have to out score everyone because they don't play much defense because they don't have enough practice time because MOST of it is devoted to offense rather than defense. 

Let me pose a question to everyone. If Nolan and Marsh were so good last year, then why didn't they sign with a D-1 school or any college on national signing day? They can't be THAT GOOD. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Coach Haynes

127-56-3 overall record.

National Football League High School Coach of the Year Award Nominee 2003

5 District Championships

7 Bi-District Champs

1 Area Championship

1 Regional Finalist

Playoff's at 5 out of 6 schools (taking over all losing programs!!).

Coach of the year 8 times!!

MetroPlex Coach of the Year

Also formerhornet, everyone does their homework, but in this case you failed. Haynes went 6-5 in Eisenhower and did make the playoffs. Maybe you shouldn't post anymore if you can't get your facts right. Do your homework before you make yourself look like a dummy.

And what is really neat, is that last year Hardin was being compared to High Island and Comesneil. This year, they are being compared to EC! That is a pretty good turn-around I would say.

Guest baseball25

Formerhornet why you so jealous?????He did win at Eisenhower and went to the playoffs......everywhere he goes he builds a program..so stop being jealous if your so big and bad come out of the closet and tell us who you are...

What does Haynes playing in college have to do with this? And it doesn't matter if he coached at 4a 5a or if he had a stint in oklahoma and coached 6a he's at the 2a level now and that's all that matters. As far as Kountze being better than e.c. On that night they were no one is denying that. You people from hardin are the ones with denial issues.

Guest 81sDad

You guys are so wrong for calling out kids here and making comments about why they are not D-1 kids. As far as remarks about Coach Haynes his record speaks for itself and we will see what happens. Good luck to Hardin and Kountze next year and hope they finish one two. I think that Ec has cook the books over the past ten years to stay down and not play some larger schools anyway. Live it up EC bc one day you will come up and we will see what you do then.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin