How is BOJO looking for the 2008 season ?

I hear we will be very competitive this year in football.  Don't count the bears out.

For those of you that need to be reminded of how good the athletic program is at LCM:

Volleyball team went to the playoffs in 07

Boy's Basketball team had a playoff for 3rd place with Dayton

Soccer team is in position to make the playoffs

Baseball team is ranked number 2 in the AREA

Softball team won state a few years ago and usually in the hunt for a playoff spot

tennis team is doing very well

Also the LCM BAND went to state this year and the only area band in 4A at state competition. (I think the only band in all classifications from this area.)  If I missed a sport, I know another bear fan will add the accomplishment.

I dont think this will be the year they'll be competitive the o-line will be experienced but not many more. Good luck to them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same LCM fans last year led by 77 that crowned this team as district champs? Now you are ready to run you coach off? May explain some of your problems so why don't you guys just pull a Hudson and do away with football?

You never saw anything about champs from this 77. There is a #77 on this board also.

Is this the same LCM fans last year led by 77 that crowned this team as district champs? Now you are ready to run you coach off? May explain some of your problems so why don't you guys just pull a Hudson and do away with football?

You never saw anything about champs from this 77. There is a #77 on this board also.

How they run ;D It is what it is 77 just a tough situation for your program and HC with the kids suffering from it.

Guest LCM Volleyball

Coach Moody has been looking real hard to get out (interviews etc) each week but just hasn't landed anything. He just signed a new contract last week here at the Bearcave but will continue looking.

Coach Moody has been looking real hard to get out (interviews etc) each week but just hasn't landed anything. He just signed a new contract last week here at the Bearcave but will continue looking.

Why would you even post anything like that? Do you not have any pride or respect for the man than to disgrace him. If he goes let it be his place to tell people without you running your gap. You must not have much respect for him or youself to make such a ignorant statement. Hello brain cell is there any movement?

Did he resign a contract with LCM ? I thought he already found another coaching job . He's not going to try to lose so give him time .

Guest OSlookingN

LCM volleyball.... with statements like the one above makes me regret moving my kids to this school District !!  Have some pride! When the bashing comes from within LCM, one does not have to look far to see where the problem lies. There is no REAL SCHOOL PRIDE !!!

LCM volleyball.... with statements like the one above makes me regret moving my kids to this school District !!  Have some pride! When the bashing comes from within LCM, one does not have to look far to see where the problem lies. There is no REAL SCHOOL PRIDE !!!

I agree I dont like the bashing but it happens at any school that you go to even when their winning.Just more of it when your losing. Moody is a good man and is doing what he can to better the program its just an unfortunate situation that all of his experinced coaches left for what ever reason. This is not a knock on the young coaches, you just have to have some experience on your staff especially when your playing at the 4-a level. jmo  P.S. they werent setting the world on fire when he became the head coach if you remember and dont forget about INSPIRE XII. YEA

Other sports would respect Moody if he respected other sports. I'll give you a scenario that happened TODAY in athletics. A football player was running through an area outside of our field house. Me and a couple of my other teammates on the soccer team along with our coach were also outside, standing and talking. When the football player ran up to where we were, Coach Moody stated and I quote, "Run around that JUNK!" Our soccer Coach simply turned and asked if he had really just called us JUNK and Moody said yes and sort of laughed about it. Someone ought to remind him that soccer is the only male sport at LCM that has made playoffs this year so far(Baseball probably will). And I would also like to state like I have before that it will be a long time before the LCM football program turns around.

• 1 month later...

Me to but could be an awful long season.

Hope not bc know how you feel bc we have two really long years ourselves. This year maybe the BOJO will change their luck and get off to a great start. Who do you guys have in the nondistrict?

Guest LCM Volleyball

Me to but could be an awful long season.

Hope not bc know how you feel bc we have two really long years ourselves. This year maybe the BOJO will change their luck and get off to a great start. Who do you guys have in the nondistrict?

Aug. 29 OPEN

Sept. 5 @ West Orange-Stark

Sept. 12 @ Bridge City

Sept. 19 Cleveland

Does B-O-J-O stand for something, or is this a takeoff on MOJO?

B-ears O-vercome J-oined as O-ne

Glad the "a" in as wasn't capitalized, other wise it would be BOJAO

Regardless, our school needs an infusion of spirit.  Many will say that it takes winning first...I say it goes hand in hand.  Some people have a problem with the coach/athletic director.  Fine.  However, don't let that keep you from supporting the students that bust their butts for months before the start of the season to get ready.  If anything, go out and support THEM.  This year, I saw a lot more support, fan wise, for the ladies sports.  Guys getting face painted for volleyball games, etc.  That is what I'm talking about.  Go all out like that for every sport that you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree that there needs to be spirit in LCM football.  Let's look at that spirit.  Spring ball is upon us and what's out there? 

Starters and first string-players who quit last year and now wanna play. Athletes who were told they had to do extra workouts either before school or after school 3 days a week or they would not be allowed to start.  Athletes who cussed coaches during practices last years with no consequences.  Guess what?  They are starting.  I'm sure there are a few who actually want to play and are good at their positions.  In fact, I know there are. 

Whose the 2nd, 3rd, and scout team?  Players who are at every practice busting their tail, athletes who faithfully worked out before and after school 4 or more times each week.  Players who have wanted to play ball as long as they can remember.  That's where the team spirit is and the AD is squashing it.  But those athletes continue to go to practice hoping beyond hope that the AD will keep his word and put them up front.  Its hard to watch the real spirit of LCM football be squashed day in and day out.  Its hard to see those guys suck it up and try not to look so hopeless and dejected. 

Put the kids that live to play out there and they will give you an LCM team you can be proud of.  It shouldn't matter how good the athlete is--if his off field behavior is awful, they shouldn't play on the field.  A winning team is nothing if the players don't care about what they're doing?  It won't last long.

Totally agree that there needs to be spirit in LCM football.  Let's look at that spirit.  Spring ball is upon us and what's out there? 

Starters and first string-players who quit last year and now wanna play. Athletes who were told they had to do extra workouts either before school or after school 3 days a week or they would not be allowed to start.  Athletes who cussed coaches during practices last years with no consequences.  Guess what?  They are starting.  I'm sure there are a few who actually want to play and are good at their positions.  In fact, I know there are. 

Whose the 2nd, 3rd, and scout team?  Players who are at every practice busting their tail, athletes who faithfully worked out before and after school 4 or more times each week.  Players who have wanted to play ball as long as they can remember.  That's where the team spirit is and the AD is squashing it.  But those athletes continue to go to practice hoping beyond hope that the AD will keep his word and put them up front.  Its hard to watch the real spirit of LCM football be squashed day in and day out.  Its hard to see those guys suck it up and try not to look so hopeless and dejected. 

Put the kids that live to play out there and they will give you an LCM team you can be proud of.  It shouldn't matter how good the athlete is--if his off field behavior is awful, they shouldn't play on the field.  A winning team is nothing if the players don't care about what they're doing?  It won't last long.

Very well put Stangs84.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01