AAU Basketball

Guest bleed orange

Guest bleed orange

I think you have a misconception "GLEmassador". Bobcat4life was not bragging about him paying for kids. All of the kids that played, their parent could afford to pay their own way and most of the time they did. When he did pay, he did it out of the kindness of his heart. He had nothing to gain by doing it and who cares if he did. Most of the time the parents paid their own way. I too know the Green's and they are fine people. This is getting blown way out of purportion. He never implied that nobdy could afford it. It's funny how people read in to something that's not really there.

Regardless of whether people can afford something or not should not even be on a message board, but neither should names of players that someone paid for this or that for.  This is not the place for that.

If you do something for someone, then the only recognition you should get is from the Good Lord above because if you truly do something for someone because it was on your heart to do it, then that should be why you did it.  Not to receive pats on the back from yourself or anyone else.  I would like to think that I have impacted some kids life in a positive way, but I would not dare say "I did this or I did that" because I do the things that I do because I hope and pray that someone would return the favor if my kids (and grandkids in the future...hopefully, WAY in the future) someday.

I'm not saying that the person that posted the post about paying someone's way for AAU did not do it out of the kindness of their heart; what I AM saying is that if they should have never mentioned it on here. 

And, you are so right bleed...it is funny how people read in to something that's not really there.  I would hope that you understand that we ALL have read things in to posts that are not there because while words might express our emotions and opinions powerfully, they also are words left to the reader to subjectively take or leave what they want from it. ;)

Regardless of whether people can afford something or not should not even be on a message board, but neither should names of players that someone paid for this or that for.  This is not the place for that.

If you do something for someone, then the only recognition you should get is from the Good Lord above because if you truly do something for someone because it was on your heart to do it, then that should be why you did it.  Not to receive pats on the back from yourself or anyone else.  I would like to think that I have impacted some kids life in a positive way, but I would not dare say "I did this or I did that" because I do the things that I do because I hope and pray that someone would return the favor if my kids (and grandkids in the future...hopefully, WAY in the future) someday.

I'm not saying that the person that posted the post about paying someone's way for AAU did not do it out of the kindness of their heart; what I AM saying is that if they should have never mentioned it on here. 

And, you are so right bleed...it is funny how people read in to something that's not really there.  I would hope that you understand that we ALL have read things in to posts that are not there because while words might express our emotions and opinions powerfully, they also are words left to the reader to subjectively take or leave what they want from it. ;)

I didnt read the thread you'll are talking about but I can see where it would be highly embarassing for whomever Bobcat paid for if names were mentioned and I would hope that didnt happen.

I didnt read the thread you'll are talking about but I can see where it would be highly embarassing for whomever Bobcat paid for if names were mentioned and I would hope that didnt happen.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the comment he made was not in an effort to brag about anything he's done, but to clarify that he and bleed were in no way racist.  These comments came after there were comments made about the race of the referee in the OF/Navasota game and the horrible call he made.  Bobcats comment was simply to clarify the accusations that he and bleed were racist, not an attempt to obtain a pat on the back.  At least that's my perception of the entire thread.

First of all, it wasn't a secret, and I never implied that it was because people couldn't afford it.  I paid for every kid on the team that year because I knew that a few of them couldn't afford it, (no names mentioned Stang) and I didn't want them to be embarrassed.  In fact MOST of the kids on that team parents could have easily afforded it so it wasn't something that was done out of pity or for recognition.  I see someone put that I was lying because nobody would pay for a child from another school.  Well if that is the attitude of the people you know then I feel sorry for you.  I try hard to look beyond what school someone plays for and help kids.  Not just with money if they can't afford it, that is a small part of it, but more with time and effort which means much more.  I don't need your "pat on the back" or anyone elses, I brought it up to say that I wasn't ONLY interested (as most people on this board are) in kids from my hometown school.  I am sorry that people read something else into it and chose to jump to a conclusion that I wasn't making.  In the last ten years I have actively coached kids from virtually every school in the area, and although some people at OF didn't agree with it, I didn't give a flip because I was working to help kids.  Brittany Scott from WOS wrote me a very long personal note when she signed with U of H about the work she had done with our team and how it helped her.  THAT is what it is about, helping kids, and nothing more.

Guest bleed orange

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the comment he made was not in an effort to brag about anything he's done, but to clarify that he and bleed were in no way racist.  These comments came after there were comments made about the race of the referee in the OF/Navasota game and the horrible call he made.  Bobcats comment was simply to clarify the accusations that he and bleed were racist, not an attempt to obtain a pat on the back.  At least that's my perception of the entire thread.

That's the sameway I took it and that's what he was implying. Everybody else turned it into something it was not.

Guest bleed orange

This guy was a bright spot in the big and I mean big business of AAU basketball. He did it for free. There are lots of people in America that live high on the hog for coaching AAU. Did anybody see the clip on 60 minutes? Do you honestly believe those kids and their families were embarrassed letting it be known that they fly in a jet ,wear 200 dollar pair of shoes and play basketball all over America. They told the whole world. Now I do realize they had a corporate sponsor and he had more money than Davey Crockett. Still its the same concept. Until you have been in the world of AAU. It maybe hard for some of you to understand. Select baseball is another good example.   

First of all, it wasn't a secret, and I never implied that it was because people couldn't afford it.  I paid for every kid on the team that year because I knew that a few of them couldn't afford it, (no names mentioned Stang) and I didn't want them to be embarrassed.  In fact MOST of the kids on that team parents could have easily afforded it so it wasn't something that was done out of pity or for recognition.  I see someone put that I was lying because nobody would pay for a child from another school.  Well if that is the attitude of the people you know then I feel sorry for you.  I try hard to look beyond what school someone plays for and help kids.  Not just with money if they can't afford it, that is a small part of it, but more with time and effort which means much more.  I don't need your "pat on the back" or anyone elses, I brought it up to say that I wasn't ONLY interested (as most people on this board are) in kids from my hometown school.  I am sorry that people read something else into it and chose to jump to a conclusion that I wasn't making.  In the last ten years I have actively coached kids from virtually every school in the area, and although some people at OF didn't agree with it, I didn't give a flip because I was working to help kids.  Brittany Scott from WOS wrote me a very long personal note when she signed with U of H about the work she had done with our team and how it helped her.  THAT is what it is about, helping kids, and nothing more.

And I agree with you wholeheartedly...THAT is what it is all about.  As far as Brittney...that's her...pure class and respect.

I know that I read a name or two on the thread by whoever said that they paid for them to play or whatever.  The race thing was brought up a week and a half after the game was decided.  As far as making the comment to prove you're not a racist...it just didn't have to go there.  It's great that you do what you do and I am sure that you do have a lot of kids who thank you for it.  That's awesome because it takes a village to raise a child. 

Did someone actually call you racist?  I would give you the same benefit of the doubt that I would give the ref in question.  There were not any other comments about his officiating the rest of the game except to say that neither of the refs were calling a tight game in the first half which benefited OF because they didn't have the depth that the other team had.  I honestly do hate that the game ended the way it did too because then there is so much gray area that honestly, may never be resolved.  You take the good that you can from it and learn and at the same time, take the bad and learn.  Please don't read anything other than sincerity into this post because people speak of misconceptions about other people's post and I think that that happens more than it doesn't.

I read all the treads you are talking about and The point made by Bobcat4life was to make sure you knew he was not racist. He was not blowing his own horn he was emplying he helps all girls not just Orangefield and all races which should be commended not complained about. If he wanted gredit for his actions he would have mentioned it a year or two ago. About AAU I also have one and I try to let the girls play for free. We travel to New Orleans, San Antonio. Denton and Little Rock and all between. Could use a sponsor also please PM me if you would like to help. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, I never meant to imply anything about race because anyone who knows me knows better.  What I was trying to say is that I am not your typical hometown whiner, (and I am talking about all schools not just OF) when I said KK should have been the MVP.  Most people defend their own people and could care less about the kids from the other schools.  That is why I said if B Scott hadn't got it last year I would have been the first one to cry foul.  But, I am as tired of talking about this as anyone.

I love the way some of these moderators feel compelled to lock a thread when people express their opinions.  That is what makes message boards interesting.  If we all had the same opinion about things, life would be pretty dang boring.

Nobody on here deters people from expressing their opinions.  This thread, for instance, will not be locked because of what you said, even though you're criticizing the moderators.  The problem with the threads that were locked is that they turned completely off topic and led to insults and personal attacks going back and forth, while the thread was supposed to be about honoring the girls of 21-3a.  Personal matters involving both posters and players were also being drudged up.  We're given the capability to lock or remove threads for a reason, and both threads pertaining to the 21-3a all district team were locked by two seperate moderators who felt that they were getting out of hand. 

And, once again..............

my primary issue was with the fact that he put the girl's name out there.  Not necessary.

And honestly, if this "proves" that they're not racist, then how can it be said that the ref made a racial call based on one call.  That's why I said, I give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Wonderful, great, awesome that he is paying these kids way.  We should all be reaching out to ALL kids because they can benefit from all we have to give.  Maybe the world would be a better place.  Perhaps, someone could pick a couple of girls from WO-S who show potential and let them play AAU.... ;D

Wow, in the immortal words of bleed orange, "is your name forrest gump?"  Two girls from Silsbee, Fowler and Green played in a couple of tournaments that the Houston teams did not travel to.  I NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED THAT THEY COULDN'T AFFORD TO DO IT THEMSELVES!!!! I talked to the main coach from the Lubbock team yesterday just to confirm it was correct.  It really doesn't matter.  But let me ask you this Stang, would it make a difference if I listed every kid on that team? No, because the point was never about why it was paid for! Hear me Forrest??????

Wow, in the immortal words of bleed orange, "is your name forrest gump?"  Two girls from Silsbee, Fowler and Green played in a couple of tournaments that the Houston teams did not travel to.  I NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED THAT THEY COULDN'T AFFORD TO DO IT THEMSELVES!!!! I talked to the main coach from the Lubbock team yesterday just to confirm it was correct.  It really doesn't matter.  But let me ask you this Stang, would it make a difference if I listed every kid on that team? No, because the point was never about why it was paid for! Hear me Forrest??????

And in the words of stang4life...I never said nor implied that you ever said or implied that any of these girls could not afford to play and pay for AAU. 

Here is what I said:  THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO PUT ANY NAMES ON HERE.  WHY can't you just say that the call was bad (like it was said in the beginning) without bringing race into it at all.

You seem to desperately keep looking for things so that you can get your rocks off...I guess in an attempt to make us look bad.  For what...I don't care WHO anybody paid for or played on this team or that team.  It is a mute point. 

If you want to call someone stupid...then have the "gump"tion to just call them stupid...the Forrest Gump thing is getting kind of old (btw...I love forrest gump and he was alot more than just stupid ;)).  Actually, I would think that the mods would frown upon that kind of stuff.  I do seem to notice that there aren't many who name-call...can you say...conflict resolution?

I am starting to think that we should change this thread to "Let's scrutinize the character of bobcat".  I wonder if any of you know that this particular guy has given several kids very generous college scholarships over the last few years.  I can tell you that it wouldn't bother me or my kids if someone wanted to post their names on here as a recipient of one of his gifts!  ;)

Once again...NO ONE IS SCRUTINIZING ANYONE'S CHARACTER. 

I simply stated my opinion that names should not be named or called.  This has nothing to do with how great of a person bobcat is here...I don't think that anyone was questioned the content of his good deeds.  I would hope that most who post on here do good deeds.

Bobcat4life, your Lubbock team caoch must have the wrong Green. Fowler did play but Green did not. I spoke to her myself. I am a friend of the family and have even attended a few tournaments. She played one year with the Houston Hotshots and then with the Houston Insiders. Those are the only teams shes played with and only went to tournaments that they were in. Ha wow. Let's try some honesty and accurate information. 8)

Well GE, after you posted that to be honest with you I wasn't a 100% sure that is who it was so that is why I called just so I could clarify if I was wrong.  I know it was 2 girls from Silsbee who went and played.  If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it, because the point is still the same, I am not a person who helps OF kids only.  I will say this, I watched Ms. Green play last year against my daughter.  She is a great player and by everything I have ever heard or seen she is just as good of a person.  No matter where anyone stands, (or lives) she is the type of kid that makes your community proud.  I want to be clear that I never, ever one time meant to be disparaging towards ANY player. I thought I was clear on it earlier.  And Stang.... oh Stang..... I have coached numerous kids from WOS.... but I understand there is a surgery for chips to be removed from your shoulder.....I'll get the number for you...

Guest bleed orange

I was the one that brought up race and I stand by it. THE CALL THE OFFICIAL MADE WAS BASED ON RACE. Do you honestly believe there are not officials out there who are racial bias and I mean in every ethnic group? Give me a break. Your naive if you think it does not go on in high school sports and I don't care what color you are.

Well GE, after you posted that to be honest with you I wasn't a 100% sure that is who it was so that is why I called just so I could clarify if I was wrong.  I know it was 2 girls from Silsbee who went and played.  If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it, because the point is still the same, I am not a person who helps OF kids only.  I will say this, I watched Ms. Green play last year against my daughter.  She is a great player and by everything I have ever heard or seen she is just as good of a person.  No matter where anyone stands, (or lives) she is the type of kid that makes your community proud.  I want to be clear that I never, ever one time meant to be disparaging towards ANY player. I thought I was clear on it earlier.  And Stang.... oh Stang..... I have coached numerous kids from WOS.... but I understand there is a surgery for chips to be removed from your shoulder.....I'll get the number for you...

Actually, I would really appreciate if you would just tell me how your shoulder chip surgery turns out first.  ;D  Seriously though, I really don't have a chip on the old shoulder...I promise! 8)  As for you coaching numerous WO-S kids, I sincerely thank you...but again, I've never said that you didn't. 

I know that racial bias rears its ugly head in every aspect of life...I just asked because the only thing that I have heard about the refs regarding how they called the rest of the game was that they didn't call a tight first half.  I would think that if he was calling racial calls then he would have done it more than the last play of regulation. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder