*Newton vs. EC Playoff/63-42 EC Advances/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Guest tigersvoice

Way to go EC!  What happened to Newton in the 2nd half?

I was at the game.  Newton put up a lot of 3's and I remember them making only one.  Newton played some great defense in the first half - Ja'Coby Ross must have had about 10 blocks in the first half alone.  EC adjusted in the second half and worked the ball well while Newton just unraveled.  BTW - Tramain Thomas had a beautiful game - hitting his first three 3's - among hitting just about everything else.  Well played, well coached by East Chambers.  Congratulations Bucs, hope you guys go FAR.

EC started slow but picked it up pretty quickly.  It was quite a battle the first half but when the second half started EC turned up the defense quite a bit and shut down the Newton inside game.  The Eagles had NO answer!  The score could have been different if EC could make some free throws, I think I counted 8 straight misses.  EC looked tough!  The refs (at least two of them) really let them play too!

Way to go Bucs!

Guest ECBucFan

EC adjusted in the second half and worked the ball well while Newton just unraveled.....

Well played, well coached by East Chambers.  Congratulations Bucs, hope you guys go FAR.

Clearly the halftime adjustments (and TT, of course) were the difference, great job, guys!  ;D

Tramain was the difference in this one plain and simple.Newtons big kid did a good job early and had a big defensive game. EC played a tough zone and denied the inside pass in the second half and Newton did not shoot the long ball well at all.Congrats EC on a very well played game.Thomas had to have at least 30.Good luck next weekend in Tyler.

Tramain may actually have had more like 40 points. McDonald was tough on defense but was saddled with some ridiculous foul calls. Trevino stepped in and played great defense in the lane...must have had three charges taken and one questionable block that looked like good position to me. Davis made a big three early when EC answered the 9-2 lead that Newton jumped out to. Newton was blocking shots and dunking and hitting three's and all the EC fans were going, "Uh Oh!" Hargraves called a timeout and settled the guys down and they never looked back. Congratulations on another trip back to Tyler. How many years in a row is it now?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder