Fastest Base Runnin?? Fastest contact to first??? 21-3A Teams only

I'll take pinder over anyone in this district until i see someone beat him down the line.

I have not seen Pinder, but have you seen Bronson or Hart?

I saw Bronson lay down a bunt last year and he was ON FIRST before the infielders could even touch the baseball.  And that was against a very good BC team.  And Hart is possibly faster.  How many other 21-3a players have over 100 steals going into their senior year?

I'll take pinder over anyone in this district until i see someone beat him down the line.

I have not seen Pinder, but have you seen Bronson or Hart?

I saw Bronson lay down a bunt last year and he was ON FIRST before the infielders could even touch the baseball.  And that was against a very good BC team.  And Hart is possibly faster.  How many other 21-3a players have over 100 steals going into their senior year?

I do not know the answer to this question, but my guess would be none.

hmm dishon was on varsity as  a freshman and that means you would have to average 25 steals a season for four years, and to me thats unrealistic...

but i think the kid from hf and bronson are the fastest

bronson absolutely was toying with us last year , if it hit the ground there was almost no chance

yall never had a chance no ways against them last year or this year

hmm dishon was on varsity as  a freshman and that means you would have to average 25 steals a season for four years, and to me thats unrealistic...

I think 25 steals in a season would be an off year for Hart.  35 to 40 would be more like it for him.  and you only need one finger to count all the times he has been thrown out attempting to steal.  and that was an attempt on home last year against BC.  He was successful on his other attempt at home in that same game.

Of course, Jasper is a running team anyway.  The team, by the 3a.com count, had 20 steals in the two games at state last year.  Some folks might consider that fairly decent base running ...........

bronson absolutely was toying with us last year , if it hit the ground there was almost no chance

yall never had a chance no ways against them last year or this year

dude...go showcase your lack of knowledge somewhere else....every single jasper bc game was close they just happened to come out on top in all but one, and we know we always have a better than decent shot against the hammered hawk hecklers and their team

I think 25 steals in a season would be an off year for Hart.  35 to 40 would be more like it for him.  and you only need one finger to count all the times he has been thrown out attempting to steal.  and that was an attempt on home last year against BC.  He was successful on his other attempt at home in that same game.

Of course, Jasper is a running team anyway.  The team, by the 3a.com count, had 20 steals in the two games at state last year.  Some folks might consider that fairly decent base running ...........

but the question was over 100 in a career which in the case of 35 he would have to do that for three consecutive years assuming that he played every single game, which even if you reach the state tournament is only about 35 games, and if you dont its about 20 meaning he would have to avg more than 1 steal a game, and that is assuming he gets on base atleast twice a game.  im not trying to say its impossible but highly unlikely for anyone to have more than 100 steals in a hs career, even though hes very fast and nearly impossible to throw out if he doesnt trip,

but the question was over 100 in a career which in the case of 35 he would have to do that for three consecutive years assuming that he played every single game, which even if you reach the state tournament is only about 35 games, and if you dont its about 20 meaning he would have to avg more than 1 steal a game, and that is assuming he gets on base atleast twice a game.  im not trying to say its impossible but highly unlikely for anyone to have more than 100 steals in a hs career, even though hes very fast and nearly impossible to throw out if he doesnt trip,

Yes, it would be quite a feat to have 100 steals in a high school career.  But it is by no means impossible.

I could be wrong, Hart may NOT have quite 100 going into his senior year.  I was estimating when I wrote that.  But I do know he had at least 35 his sophmore year, I think he ended at 37 or so and Jasper was knocked out in the early rounds by Huffman.  Of course last year, Jasper played a maximum number of games.  Now last year it was my understanding he had mid-thirties steals by somewhat early in the playoffs.  My guess is that he ended up 07 with at least about 37 again, maybe 40 or so.  Those are pretty good numbers by themselves.  Now, I do not have personal knowledge of his freshman year, but it has been my understanding that he also started his freshman year, and had a "good year" at stolen bases.  Maybe it was not as good as I was thinking.  Maybe someone from Jasper can fill in the details more exactly.  I would like to know the exact number, but his running has become so routine that Jasper folks seem to pretty much just take it for granted now.

Frankly, two steals a game is not that big a deal for him.  I personally have seen him get on base with a walk, steal second, steal third, then steal home.  Now that is three steals for one at bat.  I think his "on base %" may have slipped some last year, but I think his "on base" percentage for his sophmore year was at least 500.  So he has always had plenty chances to steal bases. 

Regardless, he will have to get injured and have a very bad year not to go over 100 steals in this his senior season if he is not already over 100.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86