What local teams will advance farthest in the playoffs??

What local team will advance farthest in the playoffs??  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What local team will advance farthest in the playoffs??

• ozen
    • hardin-jefferson
    • silsbee
    • kountze
    • east chambers

I agree with what yall said about Spurger, Big Sandy, and Newton being on the list, those are all good playoff teams with a legit shot.  That being said, i probably wouldnt vote for Spurger.  Spurger will have to beat West Sabine, which they should.  But then they will have to play Cayuga, who is good, and one the most athletic teams i've seen this year at any level.  I've seen both teams play and that game will be very tough for them, not saying they cant win though.  If they win that game they will have to play the winner of Martins Mill/Big Sandy/Slocum from the other side.  I'm not saying they cant do it, but they will be the underdog in both of their games in the regional tournament.

I agree with what yall said about Spurger, Big Sandy, and Newton being on the list, those are all good playoff teams with a legit shot.  That being said, i probably wouldnt vote for Spurger.  Spurger will have to beat West Sabine, which they should.  But then they will have to play Cayuga, who is good, and one the most athletic teams i've seen this year at any level.  I've seen both teams play and that game will be very tough for them, not saying they cant win though.  If they win that game they will have to play the winner of Martins Mill/Big Sandy/Slocum from the other side.  I'm not saying they cant do it, but they will be the underdog in both of their games in the regional tournament.

Not many have been believers in Spurger all season.  Stay a  non-believer, BEENINNIKES & everyone else.  These boys love being the underdog. 

I'm not a non believer, I was just giving my objective opinion on the question.  I like Spurger, i met their coach and he was a nice guy, i'd be thrilled if they made it to state.  But when they play against Cayuga and Martins Mill they will be underdogs, and Big Sandy or Slocum they'd be slight underdogs.  If they like being the underdog then thats great.  I'm probably one of the few people on the board thats seen Cayuga, Martins Mill, Big Sandy, and Slocum play this year in person, so thats why i gave my opinion on the topic. Would i be shocked if Spurger made it state, no not at all, a little surprised, yes.  Good luck to Spurger

i agree spurger is good but they have a tough road ahead they would have to be a very very good cayuga team that i dont think spurger matches up well against and if they do get by them they would probably have to play BS again which it took overtime and BS not having to starters to beat them last time i hope they can do it but it will take a huge effort along with a little luck

I wouldnt assume Big Sandy will be in the regional finals either...I would call their game tuesday a toss up, i could see either team winning.  Then if they get past #9 Slocum, they will have to face a very good #7 Martins Mill team, who has beaten #3 Cayuga this year i might add.  I would say Big Sandy getting to regional finals is a little more likely than Spurger (but not much), but they have a tough road also.  But if you are a fan of 24-1A, you should be really happy if either team makes it to the regional finals.  Because if i was a betting man, i wouldnt bet on either to make it.  But like i said earlier, these are very good teams and i wouldnt be very surprised if either made it to the regional finals.  I'm not trying to be negative, just putting it into perspective. 

Let me give you the facts on that game.  Cayuga led by 8 at the half.  Goodrich led by 2 at the end of 3 and with 4:01 to  go this was 45-41 game.  It was 6 with under 2:00 and Cayuga emptied the bench with 1 min down by 10(coaching decision) and Goodrich went on a 10-0 run with end of the Cayuga bench in.  THAT IS THE WORD!  Call King he will give the word.  Catman you better get ready for Slocum and Martins Mill and not worry about Cayuga.  We will be ready.  We had one injured vs. Goodrich also.  BY 40 now that is funny!  They were lucky to win.  We played a great 1st half and the 2nd half was the worst in 3 years!  We are 26-3 no cupcakes on the schedule.  SEE YOU IN NAC AND WE WILL BE READY---VERY READY!!! BY 40 they could not beat our JV by 40!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124