Kimbo Slice is a Monster!!!

You guys are bent.  A veteran liddell with a long reach against a rookie kimbo?  Liddell TKO.  The better fight is what is probably going to happen in september, Liddell against Rua.  Should be a heck of a fight.

The only chance Liddell would have is if he took Kimbo down...otheriwse it would be Kimbo via brutal knockout!

I love how people say "take down" as if it's a cop out.  It's just as dangerous as striking.  That being said, Kimbo would not KO any accomplished MMA fighter, he's just not good enough yet, and until he does, all this speculation of how awesome he is is just out there.

I agree, Im not on the Kimbo bandwagon and if you recall you and I had an earlier disagreement I believe concerning Kimbo... As far as taking someone down, thats a huge part of MMA and some fighters are better on the ground and some are better on their feet. If Chuck cant bang with Kimbo then yes,take him down and GP him or try a submission. Theres no doubt Kimbo can bang, but can he bang with a mid to top tier fighter? How will he be on the ground? IMO I believe he'll be champion one day but he has to start fighting legit competition to put all of the speculation to rest....

if kimbo actually fought someone Worth a CRAP and an actual PRO he would get beat down, these guys are pros for a reason and he is just another guy who can streetfight, which does not work in the pros

So Kimbo isnt a "PRO?" Being a good "streetfighter" doesnt work in the "PROS?"  Really..... I could name at least 20 fighters that got their start brawling in the street but didnt get the hype Kimbo has gotten,plus the majority of these guys are current or past champions and/or LEGENDS! If you think the ability to brawl or strike isnt important in MMA I would suggest you do a little homework on past champions/legends and see where they got their start.  Heres a couple of names you can check out,if you arent a noob they should be familiar to you: Rampage Jackson, Marco "King of the Streets" Ruas, Helio Gracie, Tank Abbot, Paul Buentello, Bas Rutten, Babalou, Aleksander Emelianenko, Mark Hunt, etc,etc...

I have to disagree venom. While they did get their start streetfighting, the good ones evolved into mixed martial artists, those who stood with the streetfighting, (i.e. tank) didn't fair well. And while they are legends, they are legends in an old age of mixed martial arts.  A streetfighter doesn't stand a chance against an established mma fighter.  Rampage wasn't even worth a crap until he stopped focusing on streetfighting and started focusing on his mma technique (his pride career was dismal, other than beating chuck), and you can't use tank abbott as an example man! you taught me that earlier in this thread.

I have to disagree venom. While they did get their start streetfighting, the good ones evolved into mixed martial artists, those who stood with the streetfighting, (i.e. tank) didn't fair well. And while they are legends, they are legends in an old age of mixed martial arts.  A streetfighter doesn't stand a chance against an established mma fighter.  Rampage wasn't even worth a crap until he stopped focusing on streetfighting and started focusing on his mma technique (his pride career was dismal, other than beating chuck), and you can't use tank abbott as an example man! you taught me that earlier in this thread.

I agree Doctor, but the point I was tring to make is that striking or "street fighting" is a HUGE part of MMA and having a good standup is just as important as having a good ground game. Theres guys that have no desire to go to the ground(Liddell) because thats not their world and you have guys that want to get to the ground asap because they arent good on their feet. I totally disagree when you referred to the "old age of MMA"...Its still very much around, thats what started the UFC.... When Royce Gracie took on all comers regardless of weight because BJJ wasnt known by the majority of fighters,Royce wasnt a brawler he has a surgeon and picked his opponents apart and took what they gave him,i.e. an arm,leg,neck etc....now almost everyone trains some form of JJ. He was never a striker and was exposed when the majority finally caught up.

As for Rampage,he said it himself he knows almost nothing about the ground game... Also, I will have to strongly disagree with your statement about his pride career he had wins over RANDLEMAN, LIDDELL,VOVCHANCHYV,BUSTAMANTE, AND ARONA..That in no way is dismal! Plus remeber how he finished the UFC god Chuck Liddell.... ;)    STRIKES!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86