*Silsbee vs. Kingwood Park/SILSBEE WINS!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

Guest tigersvoice

I was not at the game but my contact had the score at 48 - 46, Silsbee.  Either way, congratulations to Coach Killam and the Silsbee Lady Tigers on their first round playoff game win.  We are very proud of you  - and Chelyse - WAY TO GO, Girl!

Guest nostradamus

That's a fair statement:  "Congrats on beating a bunch of freshmen and sophomores by 2 points".  However, you should include all the facts.

"Congrats on beating a bunch of freshmen and sophomores that go to a school that turned in an enrollment of 1200 students as opposed to the 800 Silsbee has to choose from by 2 points."

There, that's better.

Congrats on beating a bunch of Freshman and Sophomores by 2 points.

"If you can't play with the big dogs.... don't get off the porch!"  Apparently that "bunch of Freshmen and Sophomores" was good enough to win second place in their district.... so your point is lost on me. The Kingwood girls played with a lot of maturity considering their youth and  Silsbee did not have their best game, but the way you make it sound, it shouldn't even count because the other team was younger.  Kingwood earned their playoff berth, and Silsbee earned the right to continue in the post season, and that is the end of that!!

A playoff win is a playoff win.  I have watched these KP girls play and their younger ones...they are tough and the coach (ex BH coach Gober) has done a good job with them and she has had the benefit of working with some of them for a few years as she got to coach some of them at Junior High.  They also have a good summer program.  Good luck Silsbee in the next round. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder