Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Dravannti Johnson #43

Position: LB

Height: 6-2

Weight: 237

Class: Fr.-HS

Hometown: Nederland, TX (Nederland)

Prep All-American and all-state performer ... tabbed a Parade All-American ... played in the 2008 U.S. Army All-American Bowl ... also named a third-team EA Sports All-American ... a member of ESPN’s top 150 national prospects ... a member of Rivals top 250 national prospects ... tabbed one of the state’s Top 10 linebackers by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football ... a first-team member of Dave Campbell’s Super Team ... versatile three year letterman and starter who played both linebacker and defensive end ... tallied 246 tackles, 30 TFL, 16 sacks and one INT in three seasons ... named 4A Defensive Player of the Year by The Associated Press as a senior ... also tabbed first-team 4A all-state by the Texas Sports Writers Association ... recorded 75 tackles, four sacks and an INT ... earned all-district 22-4A, All-Southeast Texas and Super Gold Team honors as a junior ... posted 81 tackles and six sacks ... posted four tackles, four sacks and four TFL against Galena Park ... was voted all-district Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore ... notched 90 tackles, 20 TFL and six sacks ... also competed in basketball as a freshman and sophomore and lettered in track and field as a junior ... competed in the 100 and 200 meters and the 4x200-meter relay.

PERSONAL

Born 12/26/89 in Austin ... lived in Port Arthur during elementary school ... full name is Dravannti Durshawn Dumas Johnson ... a member of the A/B Honor Roll ... father, Derrick Johnson, played LB at Temple and Texas Tech ... enjoys playing video games.

THE JOHNSON FILE

Nickname: DJ

During pregame, I like to: Listen to music

Favorite TV channel: ESPN

Favorite TV show: Family Guy

I can’t believe I watch: Spongebob Squarepants

Favorite movie: Friday Night Lights

Favorite superhero: Superman

Favorite video game: Madden

Favorite cartoon character: Ninja Turtles 

Nobody knows I can: Cook

I came to Texas because: It’s Texas! And it’s my home