Silsbee 110 Kirbyville 50 Final

The Tigers are rolling. Since losing to Hardin-Jefferson the first time around, Silsbee has really stepped it up, winning 8 straight. They are argueably playing the best basketball in the district over the last 8 games. A look at their scores over the last 8:

90-53 Kirbyville  +37

66-47  Jasper  +19

48-46  Orangefield  +2

102-53  BC  +49

106-38  HF  +68

67-37  WOS  +30

71-69  HJ  +2

110-50 Kirbyville  +60

That's averaging 83 points a game and winning by an average margin of 33 points per game. The Tigers really look to be hitting their stride. Still have 2 tough games left, Jasper and Orangefield, both away games. I like their chances of finishing district with a 13-1 record.

Guest tigersvoice

Tough week ahead for the Tigers....at Jasper and OF.  Next week will decide the district champion!!!!

Hey Lazeek!  Don't be lookin' over here.  You just take care of H-J business. ;D

Im not going to say alot about tonight game but that was a pretty good game by both team. K-ville played better than I thought they would. Silbee was 9-13 from the three point line I believe. #30 was really awesome making them three's rain all night and another player I was surprised #44 came off the bench and played a h*** of a game for a 5.10ft. post player scoring 10 point inside and getting them rebound as short as he is for a post player. Everyone else did a great job tonight too. Robinson led with 19 point, Byars #30 was behind with 14 point and Howard with 13 point. How you think Silsbee will do against Jasper next Tuesday. As AggiesAreWe says, Silsbee has been playing great ball after losing to HJ in the first round of district and then came back to win 8 straight including beating HJ in the second round to hold on to that district crown with HJ. I say Silsbee win by a margin of 12 point.

If Jasper can duplicate what I saw them do tonight at HJ it could be a very interesting game. They do not resemble the same Jasper team I saw earlier in the year. They must have shot over 60% for the game. That includes 3's. Those types of games are hard to have back to back. But you never know!!!!! It should be fun to watch. Good Luck to both teams..

I watched them play OF a couple of weeks ago.  They shot lights out that night too.  I was an awesome display.  Then I saw that they barely beat HF and BC.  I guess they are up and down.  That could play a part come the rest of district.  They need to be consistent from downtown.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder