Your All Time Favorite LU Men's Basketball Coach?

Guest Pirate V Ball

Interview wise on the radio I thought that Mike Deane was always the best interview and he was a very nice guy OFF the court. Coaching wise I think my favorite coach that LU has had was Pat Foster. He had the Cards believing that they could win EVERY TIME they hit the court. It did not matter who the opponent was.

Guest DickVitale

Tony Branch had to be the all-time NICEST Lamar coach in HISTORY!! May have been to a fault though.. ;)...Definitely my favorite guy, though..followed by ol cussin Billy!! ;D

Tony Branch had to be the all-time NICEST Lamar coach in HISTORY!! May have been to a fault though.. ;)...Definitely my favorite guy, though..followed by ol cussin Billy!! ;D

Tony was too nice! But he was concerned about his players graduating. I think Billy coached back in a time when there were less restrictions on getting players. I don't think he would last at Lamar now.

Guest abovetherim

I know you guys will probably think I'm dodging the question but really when everyone of the coaches from Coach Martin to Coach Roc was heading up the men's basketball program they were my favorite coach. There was something special about each one of these men and for me the most important is they were the Head Coach at Lamar University.

my first memory of lamar basketball was coach pat foster.  i met him at my aunt's graduation in orange, at the lutcher theater,when lamar-orange was still a satellite campus of lamar university-beaumont.  he autographed the graduation program.  id say he is my favorite all lu basketball coach.

I know you guys will probably think I'm dodging the question but really when everyone of the coaches from Coach Martin to Coach Roc was heading up the men's basketball program they were my favorite coach. There was something special about each one of these men and for me the most important is they were the Head Coach at Lamar University.

You ever considered a position in politics? I thinkk you would do well ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin