Deweyville @ EC/EC WINS 66-50

ridiculous statement. The game was in EC, however, I do not want to take anything away from EC's victory, they won, congrats, but the officiating was horriable.  WarFan hit it on the head, in his prior post, it's to the point of ruining the game.

how is that ridiculous? e.c. was way quicker on the fast break and nobody from deweyville could get in front of them to block the shot or take a charge and everyone knows what happens when you play a shot from behind

Obviosly E.C fans/students are going to see the way the game was officiated differently. It is not always the fouls that are the problem, There were at least five ocations when the ball was knocked out of bounds right in front of us by EC player and ref gave them the ball back, There was one traveling call agaist EC,I saw at least five more that was so obvios that were not called, and at least three against Deweyville that were called that should not have been.And yes  Deweyville could have stepped in front of EC players several times and did not, but after getting run over twice and not getting the proper charge foul, but a blocking foul instead, whats the point? So its not just the 38 foul difference but add another 15 or so calls on top of that and you have a huge margin that no team can overcome. Yes EC is a good team, and I dont know what the outcome would have been if the calls were fair, but it is a shame when the refs interfere with the outcome of ANY game,not to mention it is not fair to these young men who gave everything they had for two hours to be taken away from them by three biased refs. who are supposed to take an oath of fairness? They must have missed that class!

warfan...where were those 2 games you saw that the officiating was good?  I haven't seen too many well officiated games either...it seems to be getting worse every year or is that my imagination? 

Was the game at EC or DVille?  I posted in another older thread that I am not ever surprised to hear about lousy officiating at EC.  You would think with the athletes/teams they consistently put out wouldn't need the extra help.  Gosh, they went really deep in last year's playoffs and I bet the officials were really good in the state tournament.  I guess the main idea of this statement is they are good already and if the officials are EC homers then they are just rubbing it in the opposing team's faces when they call biasedly for EC.

One was in Warren when the Chapter president was calling and the other was in the Hardin/EC game (some may disagree with this one and it wasn't called great just one of the better ones).  The really, really bad jobs were at Zavalla and Spurger.  There were so many tournaments going on that rookies and jerks were getting games they should have been paying to watch.  The UIL has given the Officials more authority than responsibility.  Someone is going to get seriously injured or their civil rights violated and a lawsuit against an official or the chapter will ensue, mark my word.

I would be more sypathetic to the officials if they would just enforce the basic rules.  A strong pressing defense is in most cases, given the green light to HAND CHECK, HACK, PUSH, REACH, BUMP, and other violations, which creates a decided defensive advantage.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching a smothering well oiled press, when it is officiated cleanly, but how often do you see that!!! And also I dont blame the coaches of full court pressure teams for taking advantage.  You take what they give you.  Oh, by the way, I also have called a game or two in the past.  Maybe even a few with Warfan.

I would be more sypathetic to the officials if they would just enforce the basic rules.  A strong pressing defense is in most cases, given the green light to HAND CHECK, HACK, PUSH, REACH, BUMP, and other violations, which creates a decided defensive advantage.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching a smothering well oiled press, when it is officiated cleanly, but how often do you see that!!! And also I dont blame the coaches of full court pressure teams for taking advantage.  You take what they give you.  Oh, by the way, I also have called a game or two in the past.  Maybe even a few with Warfan.

We need you and WarFan to come out of retirement and start calling again.

Let me start by saying CONGRATS TO EC!!!! you are a great team who play well together!

I don't think they needed the ref to win the game.

however this game had to be the worst one sided refing I have ever seen.  The one sidedness in the stats is only half of the story, like was said earlier the traveling and out of bounds calls were awful not to mention that Deweyvilles guard would get knocked down by two EC players and the ball taken away and nothing was ever called.  There is no excuse for this poor poor one sided officiating! NONE!

[quote name="ECBuc08" post="315531" timestamp="1200326467"]
out of those 40 free throws... EC only made 16. Coach Hargraves has them working on free throws a lot!
[/quote]

So EC made only 16 free throws...Did you not notice that just happens to be the margin of victory?  I wonder what the final score would have been had EC not had so many free throws...

Why are refs not held accountable for their actions.  If we do a a poor job where we work we are held accountable and can loose our job.  Why is there no accountability for refs!  There are some very good ones in our area that deserve recognition, however, there are some very bad ones that don't even deserve to be on the court with our hard working young people, much less be in charge of a ball game.  Is there any thing that can be done? except to set and watch!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder