Who Will Be President Trump's VP Pick?!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s how we ended up with reality tv show host with a bad combover who proudly boasted about sexually assaulting women who subsequently ran the country into a ditch before losing his bid for re-election, after which he led a failed insurrection, got impeached a couple of times, indicted a few dozen times and lost civil case after civil case, up to an including one for rape. 

I mean, certainly the Godly people on the right would go find someone else to lead them after all of that, right?

Bud, I know a lot of your comments are used just to get a rise or to be funny - to instigate a reaction, but you're starting to sound like post sanity Robert De Niro. Lol.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Bud, I know a lot of your comments are used just to get a rise or to be funny - to instigate a reaction, but you're starting to sound like post sanity Robert De Niro. Lol.

lol, you're right, it does sound very similar.

3 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

I don't trust either candidate to do what they say they're going to do! Trump won't get anything done cause he'll fight the D's and his own party the whole time.. whatever you want to toot he did 4 years ago won't be the story this go around.. write it down

Who was the last president that did what he said he would do? I think people are forgetting about the Senate and House. Without control of Congress, very little will be accomplished, no matter who wins. Politics is too polarized in this era.

But I disagree with you saying he'll be fighting with his own party this go round. IF the GOP has the Presidency, Congress & Supreme Court all at the same time, I think you'll be surprised.

13 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I used to think CB was a person who just had a diffferent view he wanted to discuss, but clearly he is nothing more than an unhinged troll with severe TDS looking to provoke. He doesn't bother me, I just feel sorry for him. 

I wouldn't feel sorry. He's enjoying himself.

51 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Who was the last president that did what he said he would do? I think people are forgetting about the Senate and House. Without control of Congress, very little will be accomplished, no matter who wins. Politics is too polarized in this era.

But I disagree with you saying he'll be fighting with his own party this go round. IF the GOP has the Presidency, Congress & Supreme Court all at the same time, I think you'll be surprised.

They did in ‘17 and ‘18 and all they did was step on each other’s Johnsons. 

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Ensuring biden doesn't get elected falls squarely on the voters, the choices are very clear, with or without a vp.

back to the old "the voters are stupid if they don't decide our turd sandwich is better than their turd sandwich" argument.  first and foremost it's the party's responsibility to put out electable candidates (both failed).  Then the party line voters are responsible for picking an electable option in the primaries for the general election (both failed again).  And finally, once you get to the general election, it's the entire country's responsibility to pick the best option for the job.  85-90% of the country's vote is decided before a candidate is ever named (and everyone commenting in this thread falls in this category).  And to be completely honest, the left has done a better job of pandering to those 10-15% who actually decide the presidency, they're just screwed here because they have the sitting president and he wants to run again.  Lucky for them the right are throwing the same guy at him that lost the last time, and nobody likes him any more than they did 4 years ago.  If we'd picked literally ANYBODY besides Trump in the primary it would be a cakewalk.  As it is, it'll be a tight race likely coming down to tenths of percentages in a handful of states to decide things.  But hey, instead of doing what's necessary to win elections, let's just insist on doing the same thing that didn't work before, demanding the other side completely adjust their politics without any concessions, and then blame them for being stupid when they don't agree to our terms and just vote in their own not very good candidate.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

They did in ‘17 and ‘18 and all they did was step on each other’s Johnsons. 

That's true to an extent. I think (my opinion) the upheaval within the party over Trump, an outsider, being elected and the "Never Trumpers" may have had something to do with that. The Republican party is so bass ackwards right now, it's ridiculous. I think they have a better shot though.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

back to the old "the voters are stupid if they don't decide our turd sandwich is better than their turd sandwich" argument.  first and foremost it's the party's responsibility to put out electable candidates (both failed).  Then the party line voters are responsible for picking an electable option in the primaries for the general election (both failed again).  And finally, once you get to the general election, it's the entire country's responsibility to pick the best option for the job.  85-90% of the country's vote is decided before a candidate is ever named (and everyone commenting in this thread falls in this category).  And to be completely honest, the left has done a better job of pandering to those 10-15% who actually decide the presidency, they're just screwed here because they have the sitting president and he wants to run again.  Lucky for them the right are throwing the same guy at him that lost the last time, and nobody likes him any more than they did 4 years ago.  If we'd picked literally ANYBODY besides Trump in the primary it would be a cakewalk.  As it is, it'll be a tight race likely coming down to tenths of percentages in a handful of states to decide things.  But hey, instead of doing what's necessary to win elections, let's just insist on doing the same thing that didn't work before, demanding the other side completely adjust their politics without any concessions, and then blame them for being stupid when they don't agree to our terms and just vote in their own not very good candidate.

Yep, back to putting the responsibility of a vote on the actual voter.

You call Trump a turd sandwich and I say he was a good President.

Once again, your cakewalk theory is bogus, no such thing for a Republican President no matter how many times you claim it.

Bottom line, we got two choices, it's a given, folks need to deal with it.

The woulda, coulda, shoulda ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Yep, back to putting the responsibility of a vote on the actual voter.

You call Trump a turd sandwich and I say he was a good President.

Once again, your cakewalk theory is bogus, no such thing for a Republican President no matter how many times you claim it.

Bottom line, we got two choices, it's a given, folks need to deal with it.

The woulda, coulda, shoulda ship has sailed.

But not on the republican voters to provide an electable option in the primary.  It's always the centrists and lefties who are the dumb ones.  

Tell you what, I'm going to open up a fine dining restaurant in Caney Head.  Really good, really expensive food.  And when it fails, I'm going to blame the locals for being unsophisticated.  After all, this is really good food.  Then I'm going to wait a couple of years, reopen in the same place as the same restaurant, serving the same expensive food, and blame the locals when it fails again.  Then when someone with a shred of common sense suggests I start serving hamburgers and chicken fried steak, I'm going to refuse to serve food that would be successful in that area, instead standing firm with my menu and spending my time complaining about how stupid and poor the locals are after my restaurant fails for a second time.

As an aside: Trump can be a turd sandwich and also have been a good president (i'd say pretty decent, but close enough).  But when the turd sandwich part outweighs the good or decent president part for a majority of the country it becomes a major issue.  It cost him the election 4 years ago, and it's a bigger problem today.  The only reason he even has a shot is because Biden may be the worst president in history.  But hey, let's not change anything, remain unappealing to over half of the country, and blame everyone else if we don't win!

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

But not on the republican voters to provide an electable option.  It's always the centrists and lefties who are the dumb ones.  

Tell you what, I'm going to open up a fine dining restaurant in Caneyhead.  Really good, really expensive food.  And when it fails, I'm going to blame the locals for being unsophisticated.  After all, this is really good food.  Then I'm going to wait a couple of years, reopen in the same place as the same restaurant, and then blame the locals when it fails again.  

As an aside: Trump can be a turd sandwich and also have been a good president (i'd say pretty decent, but close enough).  But when the turd sandwich part outweighs the good or decent president part for a majority of the country it becomes a major issue.  It cost him the election 4 years ago, and it's a bigger problem today.  The only reason he even has a shot is because Biden may be the worst president in history.  But hey, let's not change anything, remain unappealing to about 55% of the country, and blame everyone else!

And you continue to complain about what we can't change,  it's Trump vs biden, gotta make a choice, it's very clear but I think you already know that, you're simply excusing others for not seeing the obvious.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

And you continue to complain about what we can't change,  it's Trump vs biden, gotta make a choice, it's very clear but I think you already know that, you're simply excusing others for not seeing the obvious.

And you continue to blame the other side for not bowing to the situation that your side created.  Can't believe those idiots won't vote for the guy we knew they wouldn't vote for but insisted on nominating anyway.  How dumb are they???

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

no different from what you do when you blame people for not choosing Trump in this situation.  You can't change that either, but refuse to blame anyone but the other voters instead of your own party for putting the situation in play.  

Why do I have to blame anyone, he was a good President and he'll be a good President again, if elected.

Got no problem with the nominee.

But after 4 years of what we've been through, you bet I'll blame those that choose to continue down this path when presented with a much more successful option.

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Ok

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

There is zero chance R's get house, senate and Trump win... what have they done since midterms other than argue over speaker?

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

But not on the republican voters to provide an electable option in the primary.  It's always the centrists and lefties who are the dumb ones.  

Tell you what, I'm going to open up a fine dining restaurant in Caney Head.  Really good, really expensive food.  And when it fails, I'm going to blame the locals for being unsophisticated.  After all, this is really good food.  Then I'm going to wait a couple of years, reopen in the same place as the same restaurant, serving the same expensive food, and blame the locals when it fails again.  Then when someone with a shred of common sense suggests I start serving hamburgers and chicken fried steak, I'm going to refuse to serve food that would be successful in that area, instead standing firm with my menu and spending my time complaining about how stupid and poor the locals are after my restaurant fails for a second time.

As an aside: Trump can be a turd sandwich and also have been a good president (i'd say pretty decent, but close enough).  But when the turd sandwich part outweighs the good or decent president part for a majority of the country it becomes a major issue.  It cost him the election 4 years ago, and it's a bigger problem today.  The only reason he even has a shot is because Biden may be the worst president in history.  But hey, let's not change anything, remain unappealing to over half of the country, and blame everyone else if we don't win!

Spot on with the last paragraph! Only reason he stands a chance is because Biden has performed poorly and still has a good shot at winning... that's telling