La Vega vs. China Spring/CHINA SPRINGS WIN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know Toby works with those kids like no one else. TD, maybe you should move to LC-M if you don't like him. ::)

td, his wife and their children are Mustangs to the core. He just doesn't like all the hell the current OC gets. He doesn't have anything against Toby either. He knows Toby is a good coach and good with the kids.

WO-S should have beaten LaVega. They really lost by one, then allowed a free TD in the end to get the ball back. Kirbyville lost by three TDs, which is a borderline blowout.

Just a thought.

I had the WO-S game AND the Kirbyville game playing on the internet at one time, listening to both - since could attend neither  :'(  .  When either of you would get close to making/letting something happen, I would mute the other.............

Kirbyville DID NOT play their "A" game against China Spring.  Alvarez's "magic tricks" didn't work this game, and actually left the 'Cats in a deep hole more than once.  I don't believe that the "quality of opponent" that CS was made things not work; rather I believe it just wasn't K-ville's night.  Much like it's hard to open up your offense when you are backed up inside the 5 yl for a whole quarter.  Neither of you appeared to have "stellar" games, while both had great moments, like the goal line stands.

Sorry for the diatribe, but I felt like I had to defend the 'Cats a little here.  They had a GREAT season, as did the Mustangs!

Guest Bird Hunter

The last time coaches got on this board and made questionable comments about one of our own, they were run out of town.  If you don't believe me just ask them Foster, Viola, and Waguspack.  You have not been in town long enough to be commenting on things that you are just becoming a part of.  My advice to you is SILENCE!! 

And what have they done at the schools they are at now? 

Guest Bird Hunter

2000...for someone who lives in another state and maybe made one game all year long you sure know what's best for the 'Stangs.  What do you do for a job?  Just curious!

This is a quote from Thrillhill80 "Since the current oc at WOS hasn't left and tried to come back does that make him loyal?" 

To answer your question thrillboy, NO, it just means nobody else would hire him ANYWHERE!!  If DRH was so good of a coach, then why when Cornel left was there no playoffs?  If Cornel were leave again, then I promise you, you will see a drastic drop off in several area's.  Team strength, DISCIPLINE, defensive performance, and OVERALL TEAM SUCCESS!!  You are very uninformed on the topic at hand.  Anybody that would think Cornel Thompson was fired from anyjob is uninformed about what's going on at WOS.  Just stick to those two playoff wins yall have in the last 50 years.  The best year that Lumberton has ever had is just an average year at WOS.

The fact still remains that if the Stangs do not make a change on the offensive side of the ball, then there will be a 2nd or 3rd round loss every year.  Now some people may think that is OK, but I do not think that the TRUE MUSTANGS will accept this.  We have as much talent as most 4A teams, we beat Dayton who won the 4A region, however every year the coaching gets us on the offensive side of the ball.  It will NEVER be accepted for a WOS OFFENSE to have such a poor plan on offense that we are held without a first down in any game, but especially the third round of the playoffs.  It is Time for a change!!

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder