La Vega vs. China Spring/CHINA SPRINGS WIN

If you remember back to bay city, they did try to throw the ball.  I just looked at the box and they threw the ball almost 40 times.  If they throw and lose, you want to run it.  If they run and lose, you want to throw it.  A good team typically does what they can do well.  How many INT did they throw early in the year.  I guess that means to you guys to keep throwing it until you get better at it. What I find is funny is how WOS went to a run game out of the same formations that most teams throw out of.  Let me see.  They had one kid with over 50 catches and the next closest one had around 15.  HMMM that tells me that their was maybe a little discrepency in distributing the ball.  I wonder if there is a reason why?  I say again, who were they supposed to be distributing the ball to in all of these passing opportunities. Lavega just lost to a team that throws the ball a majority of the time.  You guys wanted WOS to go from running the ball to Throwing it a majority of the time??  You have running offenses and passing offenses.  Which do you want, folks.  I know you want to be able to do it all.  NAME ONE TEAM THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING WELL?  NAME ONE. In my line of business, my supervisor tells me, If you try to be good at everything, then you get good at nothing.  Leave the man alone.  You guys still have not given me the plays that you would have called to turn that LaVega game into a win.  Since you will not go and talk to the OC.  Give it to me.  I promise, I will be man enough to take it to him if you just give me the play. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco La Vega loses to China Spring 31-28. this makes me sick to my stomach. and if this rubs people the wrong way, i apologize. how come china spring scores 31 points and all we can score is 12. this is not directed to anyone, and certainly not directed to any of the players. the kids did a fantastic job this year. they exceeded a lot of people's expectations, even though they were a lot better than most people thought. i have another question, i thought that the team that works the hardest usually wins, not always, but usually. i know our kids go through the most grueling off-season program in the state and also some of the hardest practices a football team can have. how come we can only get as far as we have been getting lately. i know its not easy going to state every year, its practically impossible and im not asking anyone to accomplish this. im just wondering our we doing everything we can to insure that our kids have the best possible chance to acheive their athletic goals. yes the expections are high and there is a lot of pressure, but i know when i attended wos losing was unacceptable...PERIOD!!! i hope that is still the philosophy.

I'm a Mustang and proud of it!!! Class of 1995

Look at what this person said!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have got to be kidding me.  How many State Titles did you win while you were in high school?  Losing is unacceptable but it happens.  At times it happens.  Hardest practices in the state.  I guess you have been to every schools practice in the state or have you just heard someone say that.  I think they are driven hard.  I think they are taught alot about ball cause you do not see many dumb penalties.  I think the kids play hard.  I think the coaches work their tails off more.  I would definitely like to see the resumes of these coaches.  It is funny how these coaches have been doing this for so many years and probably at alot of different places but these armchair quarterbacks know more and know what is better for the WOS program.  When Coach Hooks retires, you guys willl truly see a change.  It will n0ot be for the better either.  You had better enjoy his last few years, because you will never have it this good again.  I remember a legendary coach left Duncanville when I lived there and they have never had the success since he left.  You try to run someone off and bring back a home boy, Things do not always work out as planned.  I wonder why Toby left to be a receivers coach at another school when he was the receivers coach here.  It is ironic he left when the superstars left.  Bet he did not think they could do as well as they did either.  Lets just commend the kids and get off the coaches.  I bet he is a good coach.  It tells me alot that he leaves and they score just as many as they did when he was here.  Why put the bad stuff on the OC and the good stuff goes to someone else.  Come on guys, That is not the way a perennial powerhouse acts.

China Springs has one of the best if not the best quarterbacks in the state.  The last QB I saw throw with is accuracy was Chase Daniel.  This kid is 6’ 3†with a gun.  I didn’t think he could run until he took off on their last score.  Dustin Eskew is very special.  The CS defense is suspect, but their offense will score bunches. 

WOS shouldn’t fell too badly because 99% of the teams in Texas wouldn’t be able to make those pass plays.

China Springs has one of the best if not the best quarterbacks in the state.  The last QB I saw throw with is accuracy was Chase Daniel.   This kid is 6’ 3†with a gun.  I didn’t think he could run until he took off on their last score.  Dustin Eskew is very special.  The CS defense is suspect, but their offense will score bunches. 

WOS shouldn’t fell too badly because 99% of the teams in Texas wouldn’t be able to make those pass plays.

Don't say that.  Noone in the state has talented players but WOS.  If WOS loses to a team then it has nothing to do with them playing a talented team.  It is because one coach did not do his job.  I am being totally sarcastic. 

Don't say that.  Noone in the state has talented players but WOS.  If WOS loses to a team then it has nothing to do with them playing a talented team.  It is because one coach did not do his job.  I am being totally sarcastic. 

hey 071904, you seem to have all the answers, why dont you help us and tell us how to win more.  i want to see the kids succeed as much as possible.  i dont care what other schools do or what they have.  i was just asking our we doing everything we can to make sure our kids acheive their athletic goals.  if the answer is yes and we are as good as we are ever going to be, then im happy with that.  if we can improve, then we should improve.  why sell yourself short?  i know losing happens,  im just concerned about the stangs.   

Guest wos mustangs

We all love Toby and we are true Mustangs. IF Toby doesn't get the chance to come back it will hurt in many many ways, including developing the QB, Recievers etc and playcalling. Things like that add up to well often.

hey 071904, you seem to have all the answers, why dont you help us and tell us how to win more.  i want to see the kids succeed as much as possible.  i dont care what other schools do or what they have.  i was just asking our we doing everything we can to make sure our kids acheive their athletic goals.  if the answer is yes and we are as good as we are ever going to be, then im happy with that.  if we can improve, then we should improve.  why sell yourself short?  i know losing happens,  im just concerned about the stangs.   

You are not concerned about the sthangs.  You are concerned about tryying to beat someone down.  No I do not have all the answers.  I am just a man that moved to the area expecting a true traditional dynasty from a community do nothing but act like children.  Who is selling themself short.  I just saw a team that NOONE thought could do anything go 3 deep in the playoffs.  How about commending someone on that fact rather than beating up on a man that seems to be working pretty hard.  YOUNG TEAM WINNING 11 GAMES? 

Guest Chaingang Defense

You are not concerned about the sthangs.  You are concerned about tryying to beat someone down.  No I do not have all the answers.  I am just a man that moved to the area expecting a true traditional dynasty from a community do nothing but act like children.  Who is selling themself short.  I just saw a team that NOONE thought could do anything go 3 deep in the playoffs.  How about commending someone on that fact rather than beating up on a man that seems to be working pretty hard.  YOUNG TEAM WINNING 11 GAMES? 

GOSH I HOPE YOUR NOT A COACH

No, I am not.  I actually would not want to be a coach.  I just like to see the kids playing hard.  Playing hard plus execution typically equals a win.  I think you can call anything and if everyone does their job on every play, it then comes down to the better team winning on that given night.  I just believe that.  Many people will probably not agree but.  Execution is the key in high school sports. 

071904, how do u know what im thinking?  and i resent you saying im not concerned about the stangs.  i was born a mustang and i will die a mustang.  and who thought the team was not going to do anything?  i think we have a chance to win the ultimate prize every year.  i stated earlier that i thought this team was better than most people gave them credit for being.  whats wrong with thinking we can do better?  u obviously misunderstood what i was trying to say. 

I am just saying that many people put these pipe dreams up on these kids and when they do ot come true, the first thing that happens is they start looking for a place to point fingers.  All we heard about was how bad the coaches were doing at the beginning of the year.  After they came out of predistrict with a 2-1 record then people started getting on the band wagon and stated how young they were and how they are just getting better.  After they walked through the district, people were then crowning them the next state champion.  They finally lose, it is now someone in particulars fault.  Come on People.  The kids and coaches had to overcome most of you before they could even step foot on the field.  Support them from the beginning and good things might eventually come through.

I was at this game and the turning point was a LaVega fumble in the second half.  LaVega was leading 28-17 and was driving inside the 30.  They ran the ball and was stuffed at the line but for some reason the ball carrier tried to pitch the ball back even though he was wrapped up.  China Spring recovered and took momentum and LaVega could not stop them.  LaVega also failed to field the last kickoff and China Spring recovered and basically ran out the last 2 minutes of the game.  Great game and big crowd.

Guest wos mustangs

Waco La Vega loses to China Spring 31-28. this makes me sick to my stomach. and if this rubs people the wrong way, i apologize. how come china spring scores 31 points and all we can score is 12. this is not directed to anyone, and certainly not directed to any of the players. the kids did a fantastic job this year. they exceeded a lot of people's expectations, even though they were a lot better than most people thought. i have another question, i thought that the team that works the hardest usually wins, not always, but usually. i know our kids go through the most grueling off-season program in the state and also some of the hardest practices a football team can have. how come we can only get as far as we have been getting lately. i know its not easy going to state every year, its practically impossible and im not asking anyone to accomplish this. im just wondering our we doing everything we can to insure that our kids have the best possible chance to acheive their athletic goals. yes the expections are high and there is a lot of pressure, but i know when i attended wos losing was unacceptable...PERIOD!!! i hope that is still the philosophy.

I'm a Mustang and proud of it!!! Class of 1995

Look at what this person said!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have got to be kidding me.  How many State Titles did you win while you were in high school?  Losing is unacceptable but it happens.  At times it happens.  Hardest practices in the state.  I guess you have been to every schools practice in the state or have you just heard someone say that.  I think they are driven hard.  I think they are taught alot about ball cause you do not see many dumb penalties.  I think the kids play hard.  I think the coaches work their tails off more.  I would definitely like to see the resumes of these coaches.  It is funny how these coaches have been doing this for so many years and probably at alot of different places but these armchair quarterbacks know more and know what is better for the WOS program.  When Coach Hooks retires, you guys willl truly see a change.  It will n0ot be for the better either.  You had better enjoy his last few years, because you will never have it this good again.  I remember a legendary coach left Duncanville when I lived there and they have never had the success since he left.  You try to run someone off and bring back a home boy, Things do not always work out as planned.  I wonder why Toby left to be a receivers coach at another school when he was the receivers coach here.  It is ironic he left when the superstars left.  Bet he did not think they could do as well as they did either.  Lets just commend the kids and get off the coaches.  I bet he is a good coach.  It tells me alot that he leaves and they score just as many as they did when he was here.  Why put the bad stuff on the OC and the good stuff goes to someone else.  Come on guys, That is not the way a perennial powerhouse acts.

I wouldn't talk about about Toby, not a good idea. ;) And yes sir as long as CORNEL THOMPSON IS HERE the program will always be at the top.

Noone is talking about Toby in a bad way.  I just know with the way I hear people talk in the stands, they will turn on him just as they have turned on the current OC.  Well maybe not,  One person did say that he is a hometown boy.  He might have left for the $.  That means that he is bettering his career.  That is what most people want to do.  From the looks of their stats at his new school, they do throw the ball alot.  Maybe they throw it in the middle of the field. :D ;D  That would solve all of the problems.  :o

The last time coaches got on this board and made questionable comments about one of our own, they were run out of town.  If you don't believe me just ask them Foster, Viola, and Waguspack.  You have not been in town long enough to be commenting on things that you are just becoming a part of.  My advice to you is SILENCE!! 

Well, I say again.  You have the wrong person in mind.  I read and give an opinion.  I want the best for WOS also, but I would support everyone everywhere I lived.  Like I said yesterday, I am not a coach and want not want to do it.  Look at the pressure put on them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami