21-3A Girls District Champs

Who wins district?  

1. 1. Who wins district?

Guest bleed orange

You are right also. I think they need to take aleast two teams because the top two are not separated that much as far as talent goes. But after that it is watered down. In 5A they want 4 teams. Its all about money but that is a topic for another day. Whsalum, I do believe that HJ is talented and they have a good coach. I have watched these girls since they were young in little dribblers. My daughter plays for Orangefield and we are friends with alot of them. But it will be hard to replace the Spears girl. She was the real deal. She was a match up problem for alot of teams. HJ will be good but just with a new identity.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleed Orange,I couldnt agree more about HJ.You just dont replace players like Yoshika Spears.The young guns over there will be fun to watch,they like Orangefield will play pressure defense and will be able to shoot the ball very well.I have a feeling a lot of D1 coaches will be kickin themselves for not pickin Yo up.She was a"tweener" playing both the 2 and 3 but is the kind of player that would help turn any program around.Good luck to Ofld this year I will probably see some of these 3a games in this district.I always make the rounds in the playoffs.

Guest bleed orange

You are right again, It has been great talking with you and I look forward to the upcoming basketball season. Enjoy the 4th of july.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BobcatBeliever

Wow Red, you're starting that dominant color stuff really early......I'd be a lil careful about that stuff, those faded red cats haven't bitten the cards yet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange

Should be fun to watch this year. You better not over look anybody in this district. Tiger 20 I appreciate your enthusiasm. But don't get carried away just yet. Talk is cheap. We do our talking on the court.

Guest bleed orange

I knew that was going to happen since we are in the same district now. I guess we won't be playing for the championship for the 3rd year in a row. Thats if we make there this year. Looking forward to playing you guys. This district is going to be awesome. The best in the state!!!!!!! Its kind of sad, there are 8 good teams and only 3 will go. Good luck to all the teams, I cant wait.

Guest bleed orange

Good luck to you guys also. See ya in NOVEMBER. Can't wait, I love girls basketball. Boy's may can dunk but girls play defense something the boys do not. You girls are much funner to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orangefield seems to be head and shoulders above everyone else with seven of their top eight players back. Coach Ancelot may be the best around and will likely land a college job in the near future but hopefully she'll stick around longer than folks think. Kristy, K-K and Riddick are stout. If the Lady Bobcats had a serious scoring threat in the low post, the sky really would be the limit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kirbyville new coach or not they will be tough with that Kellum girl. I think they will be the one that slides in 3rd for district.

yes that kellum girl is really something.she could go to a D1 school if she wanted...when she starts getting her fire, the rest of the team adds along with it.. the ladycats are nothing to ignore.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin