Dave Campbell's Local District Picks/All Classes

Wow! Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Wow! Are you kidding me :lol: Do you read what people put on here? It's unbelievable that Dayton has 8 and 8 returning and lost by a PAT to this district 2nd place team.Also has the best RB in the district and people are putting them in the 4 spot!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

Wow! Are you kidding me :lol: Do you read what people put on here? It's unbelievable that Dayton has 8 and 8 returning and lost by a PAT to this district 2nd place team.Also has the best RB in the district and people are putting them in the 4 spot!!

In the same respect, Dayton lost to Ozen, who lost to Central. Both those teams have a lot of talent coming back with great coaching -- those are two very strong assets to have, no matter where you are from. You wrote "It seems that most is thinkg Dayton might squeze into the top three," but follow that by saying Dayton could win district, despite the fact they couldn't beat last year's district's runner-up.

Maybe you can answer this question: Do you pick Dayton to win district simply by underestimating Golden Triangle teams, or do you think Dayton will not be able to win district but will be a playoff contender, as you pointed out several people here have indicated?

Dayton hasn't played the likes of Ozen' date=' Central and Nederland. In fact if my memory serves me right Nederland beat Dayton in a playoff game like 38-14.[/quote']

in 98 Dayton beat PNG 49-14 so whats your point? What has the "Likes of Ozen, Central & Nederland done on the state level in the past five years? Nothing just like Dayton, this is not a set of super teams! Dayton will be just fine :lol: Facts are facts and even though Dayton hasen't played in the super district they have the 2nd best winning percentage behnd Nederland. I don't doubt this district is good it would be dumb, but it seems to get way over hyped every year.

In the same respect' date=' Dayton lost to Ozen, who lost to Central. Both those teams have a lot of talent coming back with great coaching -- those are two very strong assets to have, no matter where you are from. You wrote "It seems that most is thinkg Dayton might squeze into the top three," but follow that by saying Dayton could win district, despite the fact they couldn't beat last year's district's runner-up.

Maybe you can answer this question: Do you pick Dayton to win district simply by underestimating Golden Triangle teams, or do you think Dayton will not be able to win district but will be a playoff contender, as you pointed out several people here have indicated?[/quote']

Stop living in the past! last year was last year lets stay on track and talk about this season. When I said "It seems that most is thinkg Dayton might squeze into the top three," I'm refering to what I've read on this site! This is not the general publics view! Last years Dayton-Ozen game was a ONE point game meaning that the teams were pretty even????

Now the questions :lol:

1.) Do you pick Dayton to win district simply by underestimating Golden Triangle teams?Nope! The golden Triangle has great tradition and good well coached teams. Dayton IMHO has alot returning and will be a good team that has as good of a shot at the district title than any team in this district.

2.)Do you think Dayton will not be able to win district but will be a playoff contender, as you pointed out several people here have indicated? Has anyone picked Dayton in the top three Yet?Several People???

PS.

Ive already been through all of this during Baseball season :lol: BH ranked at the bottom then beating everyone in the SETX top 10 except BC (Which BH Run Rulled). Is there really any use of me explaining myself over and over? This is My Opinion which seems very dumb at this point, but come November I can say I TOLD YOU SO :lol:

Guest GoStangs

Stop living in the past! last year was last year

Again, you show yourself to be an interesting character. Your own proof of how strong Dayton will be is by continually pointing out they lost by one point to Ozen last year. Then, you talk about the players you have coming back from last year's team.

The part you write about BH and baseball makes absolutely no sense -- I guess you all did 10-run rule BC on your way to losing the playoff series this past season, which you apparently feel somehow has something to do with your knowledge of next year's football season. That would be great, if only it made sense or was somehow relevant to the conversation.

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

Nothing against Dayton but i would put them to finish 4th or 5th. Central and Ozen will be mighty good this year and Nederland is always tough.

Again' date=' you show yourself to be an interesting character. Your own proof of how strong Dayton will be is by continually pointing out they lost by one point to Ozen [b']last year. Then, you talk about the players you have coming back from last year's team.

The part you write about BH and baseball makes absolutely no sense -- I guess you all did 10-run rule BC on your way to losing the playoff series this past season, which you apparently feel somehow has something to do with your knowledge of next year's football season. That would be great, if only it made sense or was somehow relevant to the conversation.

The only reason I mention last years game is because you brought it up as a comparison to this years posible relults. Last years players on this years team???? Shouldn't these players be brought into the mix ??? As far as BH and Baseball go back to the BBall thread and read I don't have the time to explain it to you. Good luck read slow it won't hurt as bad :lol:

Guest GoStangs

The only reason I mention last years game is because you brought it up as a comparison to this years posible relults. Last years players on this years team???? Shouldn't these players be brought into the mix ???

Actually, my first response to you in this thread had to do with you saying people here underestimated teams from other areas, while ignoring the fact you were underestimating Golden Triangle teams. You responded (not me) by talking about last year's Ozen-Dayton game and Dayton's returning players from last year. Then, when I respond by saying what happened last year (Dayton lost to Ozen, who lost to Central) and bring up returning talent, you have the gall to say I shouldn't bring up the past when you had done so previously!

Here's a plan -- if you are going to say something, be strong enough to stand behind it. At least don't try to make something up about who said what and when it was said, especially when everything is on a message board... You just look foolish when you do things like that.

Actually' date=' my first response to you in this thread had to do with you saying people here underestimated teams from other areas, while ignoring the fact you were underestimating Golden Triangle teams. You responded (not me) by talking about last year's Ozen-Dayton game and Dayton's returning players from last year. Then, when I respond by saying what happened last year (Dayton lost to Ozen, who lost to Central) and bring up returning talent, you have the gall to say I shouldn't bring up the past when you had done so previously!

Here's a plan -- if you are going to say something, be strong enough to stand behind it. At least don't try to make something up about who said what and when it was said, especially when everything is on a message board... You just look foolish when you do things like that.[/quote']

Here's a better plan- quit talking in circles your making me dizzy :lol: and why don't you share your great views of football instead of debating with me about mine!!

Have you ever left the area to watch a football game of a team beside the ones you follow locally?

I'm trying my best to try and be apart of this web site that is said to cover my area, but in reality west of the Trinity is not part of this site!!

Guest GoStangs

Here's a better plan- quit talking in circles your making me dizzy :lol: and why don't you share your great views of football instead of debating with me about mine!!

Sorry, I'll try to use smaller words so you can understand what I write.

Have you ever left the area to watch a football game of a team beside the ones you follow locally?

Yes, thanks for asking.

I'm trying my best to try and be apart of this web site that is said to cover my area, but in reality west of the Trinity is not part of this site!!

If you don't feel welcome here, feel welcome to go elsewhere.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin