Dave Campbell's Local District Picks/All Classes

Woodville will be just fine...8 starters back on defense and 6 on Offense.. the Mitchell kid can run with anybody...JV lost one game and that is with 8 soph's being on the varsity... As far as what graduated, the same was said the year before when they lost Beck(QB) and T,Cruse(WR).District will be barnburner and Wville will be in the thick of it...The Eagles will be just fine....

Woodville graduated very heavy.Not sure they can finish second in the district they are in.Newton wins it easily then San Augustine from their its a toss up.Woodville lost Rainey-QB' date='Cruise-RB and Lewis WR.All 3 of these were unanamous first team all district picks.Not sure they have anyone ready to fill these spots.[/quote']

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to put Woodville down their just in a very tough district football wise.With the talent they had last year Newton and San Augustine would have still been the favorites.I watched them a couple of time last year and it will be hard to replace their offensive players.If they return 6 they lost half the unit.I dont put much stock in JV records on the 2-a level.While those players will move up most wont contribute much their first year.Who will be their QB this year?I knew this year they would be OK at the skill positions because Cruise,Lewis AND Rainey contributed so much their JR year.Good luck to the eagles in the fall.

evidently you didn't watch too many games in 04, because Cruse split time on offense and Rainey played sparingly on Off.. he did start on defense...and Lewis didn't make much noise in 04 but did in 05.....and BTW, SA has 3/3 coming back from last year.... You are correct about one thing though, 23AA will be a very tough district....

Not trying to put Woodville down their just in a very tough district football wise.With the talent they had last year Newton and San Augustine would have still been the favorites.I watched them a couple of time last year and it will be hard to replace their offensive players.If they return 6 they lost half the unit.I dont put much stock in JV records on the 2-a level.While those players will move up most wont contribute much their first year.Who will be their QB this year?I knew this year they would be OK at the skill positions because Cruise' date='Lewis AND Rainey contributed so much their JR year.Good luck to the eagles in the fall.[/quote']

Time will tell...Lewis played well every friday night...that is why he made all-state... I wouldn't say anyone else was dominant..If you want to step off in a what graduated discussion, I think Newton lost more key players than anyone....4 of those guys will play at the next level at scholarship schools..

I didnt watch any games in 04' date='I was talking about what I saw in 05.Lewis was dominant as was Rainey and Cruise.These kinds of offensive players are just about impossible to replace at the 2a level.[/quote']

Not trying to put Woodville down their just in a very tough district football wise.With the talent they had last year Newton and San Augustine would have still been the favorites.I watched them a couple of time last year and it will be hard to replace their offensive players.If they return 6 they lost half the unit.I dont put much stock in JV records on the 2-a level.While those players will move up most wont contribute much their first year.Who will be their QB this year?I knew this year they would be OK at the skill positions because Cruise' date='Lewis AND Rainey contributed so much their JR year.Good luck to the eagles in the fall.[/quote'] Woodville has eight starters returning on Defense.

I have to agree with the BH dude... I think Dayton is being a little under estimated. I think they will vie for one of the top 3 spots, which one I'm not sure of, but will get one. I think this will be the first time in a while that Mid County is outside looking in.

Woodville graduated very heavy.Not sure they can finish second in the district they are in.Newton wins it easily then San Augustine from their its a toss up.Woodville lost Rainey-QB' date='Cruise-RB and Lewis WR.All 3 of these were unanamous first team all district picks.Not sure they have anyone ready to fill these spots.[/quote'] Who makes the top 3 in this District? Besides Newton this will be a good race.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder