District predictions - Post’m here!

For 19-4A:

1. BC - *IF* Carson Fall is healthy the whole season and doesn’t get overused. Their new coach has a large softball IQ, so she should make some sound personnel decisions. 
2 and 3 will be either Vidor or LCM. Vidor has the talent but struggles with confidence.  The only thing they really lost from last year was a couple of strong hitters. Some of the freshmen hit just as well. LCM is good but predictable. 
4/5 will be Lumberton or Jasper. Jasper is another team that struggles with confidence. I think both teams are about equal in ability. 

13 hours ago, 409Teach said:

For 19-4A:

1. BC - *IF* Carson Fall is healthy the whole season and doesn’t get overused. Their new coach has a large softball IQ, so she should make some sound personnel decisions. 
2 and 3 will be either Vidor or LCM. Vidor has the talent but struggles with confidence.  The only thing they really lost from last year was a couple of strong hitters. Some of the freshmen hit just as well. LCM is good but predictable. 
4/5 will be Lumberton or Jasper. Jasper is another team that struggles with confidence. I think both teams are about equal in ability. 

No such thing as being over used as a pitcher in softball. But if she stays healthy, BC #1 for sure. 

Vidor will not compete with LCM. LCM did not lose anyone from their district championship team last season.

3/4/5/6 Will be Vidor/Silsbee/Lumberton/Jasper in any order. 

If I had to put my money on it, it would be...

BC, LCM, Vidor, Silsbee, Lumberton, Jasper, WOS

5 hours ago, Unbelievableee said:

No such thing as being over used as a pitcher in softball. But if she stays healthy, BC #1 for sure. 

Softball pitchers absolutely can get injured from overuse. It’s just like any other repetitive motion injury. 

Fortunately for BC, they also have Lacomb who is better than some of the other schools #1 pitchers. 

17 hours ago, 409Teach said:

Softball pitchers absolutely can get injured from overuse. It’s just like any other repetitive motion injury. 

Fortunately for BC, they also have Lacomb who is better than some of the other schools #1 pitchers. 

Pitchers will NOT get injured from overuse if they are pitching 7 innings every Tuesday and Friday. This is not baseball. I have witnessed softball pitchers pitch in 5-6 games on a sunday coming out of the losers bracket in a tournament. Now, they CAN get injured if they are pitching 2-3 hours every day. But, no one in their right mind would do that. 

Without Fall, they become 2 seed at minimum. The #2 pitcher is still solid, but she is not a Kentucky commit. 

1 hour ago, 3rdandGreen said:

1. LC-M (Champs returning 8 of 9 that was in the starting lineup during playoffs and will produce a challenging lineup)

2. BC  (Toss up between LC-M)

3. Vidor 

4. Lumberton

5. Jasper

6. Silsbee

7. WOS

Silsbee has a good young group. I think they could fight for a playoff spot this year… but regardless their better years are probably coming soon

1 hour ago, 3rdandGreen said:

1. LC-M (Champs returning 8 of 9 that was in the starting lineup during playoffs and will produce a challenging lineup)

2. BC  (Toss up between LC-M)

3. Vidor 

4. Lumberton

5. Jasper

6. Silsbee

7. WOS

LCM knocked the ball around nice last night in their first scrimmage. I definitely see them taking 1st this year. Fall or no Fall for BC. Just have to find a replacement for their first baseman from last year and they will be set to go!

10 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

LCM knocked the ball around nice last night in their first scrimmage. I definitely see them taking 1st this year. Fall or no Fall for BC. Just have to find a replacement for their first baseman from last year and they will be set to go!

They aren't knocking the ball around on Fall. If she is healthy, they win. 

22 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Yeah well i saw Fall in the OC Hit House about two weeks ago and she is far from healthy. Question is what is more a priority to her coach and parents, Kentucky scholarship or a District Championship?

Very true. I guess we will see. LCM is very good this year. 

53 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Yeah well i saw Fall in the OC Hit House about two weeks ago and she is far from healthy. Question is what is more a priority to her coach and parents, Kentucky scholarship or a District Championship?

Not to sound selfish… but if it were my child it would definitely be the scholarship 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:01 AM, BBfan061 said:

Not to sound selfish… but if it were my child it would definitely be the scholarship 

Fall is 100% healthy or she wouldn’t be playing. She struck out 16 vs Barbers Hill, but did have a few more walks than usual. She had 11 K’s in 4 innings of work last night. The biggest question is if BC will give her run support. If they can out 3-4 runs they will be hard to beat. LCM is solid and it should be a good matchup. 

On 2/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, SBall said:

Fall is 100% healthy or she wouldn’t be playing. She struck out 16 vs Barbers Hill, but did have a few more walks than usual. She had 11 K’s in 4 innings of work last night. The biggest question is if BC will give her run support. If they can out 3-4 runs they will be hard to beat. LCM is solid and it should be a good matchup. 

Striking out 16 vs. B.H. is very impressive. Lcm will need their entire batting lineup to be on point to beat Fall, imo.

40 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Striking out 16 vs. B.H. is very impressive. Lcm will need their entire batting lineup to be on point to beat Fall, imo.

You are correct on that. She struck ut 16 but they still lost 4-0.

The beat Nederland last night 4-0. Fall had 20 strikeouts but BC only had 3 hits against average pitching. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Just adding a thought here... last season BH's bats struggled a lot. Its super, super early but in my mind the BH bats are still the question mark.    

BH will win state. They were beat by a loaded Lake Creek team the last 2 years. BH pushed them to 3 games last year. They have two D1 arms and in high school that’s tough to deal with. They are also well coached. BH also has D1 commits in the line up.  It’s a shame more people didn’t get to see the BC vs BH scrimmage. Its not common to see 3 arm of that caliber in one high school game. 

2 hours ago, Unbelievableee said:

You are correct on that. She struck ut 16 but they still lost 4-0.

The beat Nederland last night 4-0. Fall had 20 strikeouts but BC only had 3 hits against average pitching. 

BC’s batting and fielding is poor. They better figure it out if they want to do more than compete for a district title. 

4 minutes ago, SBall said:

BH will win state. They were beat by a loaded Lake Creek team the last 2 years. BH pushed them to 3 games last year. They have two D1 arms and in high school that’s tough to deal with. They are also well coached. BH also has D1 commits in the line up.  It’s a shame more people didn’t get to see the BC vs BH scrimmage. Its not common to see 3 arm of that caliber in one high school game. 

I agree with you on that

2 minutes ago, SBall said:

BC’s batting and fielding is poor. They better figure it out if they want to do more than compete for a district title. 

Truth 

2 minutes ago, SBall said:

I agree with most all you said. I am not quite ready to guarantee State at this point though. I have no idea what the 2024 version of Lake Creek will bring. You are right the games against LC were close. If BH can get back to hammering the ball in addition to the great pitching, they will be a real tough out for anyone.