Lumberton 45 Silsbee 81/FINAL

I've watched 4 or 5 live games this year. Silsbee has a big issue with not boxing out. I see kids just watching thr ball go up and not boxing out. I dont think Silsbee does much in trying to take a charge either. If Silsbee makes it to play Booker T Washington, I dont see them winning. McDermott will have a field day under the boards like last year. I also don't see much effort getting on the ground hustling for lose balls. Got to work on that over the next few weeks.Β 

Booker T is also playing in the King Cotton Classic this year. I don't think any Texas teams ended up playing one another last year. Not sure if it was set up that way on purpose, or if that's just how the brackets played out.

As for this game, honestly, Silsbee looked very disinterested in this matchup. No real intensity or fire.Β 

I think they did a better job on the boards in the 3rd by starting Elam.

Β 

8 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Booker T is also playing in the King Cotton Classic this year. I don't think any Texas teams ended up playing one another last year. Not sure if it was set up that way on purpose, or if that's just how the brackets played out.

As for this game, honestly, Silsbee looked very disinterested in this matchup. No real intensity or fire.Β 

I think they did a better job on the boards in the 3rd by starting Elam.

Β 

I agree. Silsbee was not sharp, looked lazy.

I had someone text me last night that went to the game and he said Silsbee "sleep walked" their way to a 40 point win. I think that was a perfect way of putting it.

These next two tournaments will have their full attention.

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

So Silsbee back out of the McNeese tournament..?

Silsbee had to cancel their game. Could not play two games within the week because of still being in school. (tournaments and Friday/Saturday's don't count towards those totals). Bayou Border Battle at McNeese is not a tournament.

Silsbee had Lumberton move the district game to last night so that they could play in Sugar Bowl tourney in New Orleans.Β  Therefore they couldn't play on Wednesday (today) due to playing more than one game from Monday thru Thursday while in school.

When Sigler scheduled the game at McNeese originally, he thought Silsbee would be on Christmas break this week.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee had to cancel their game. Could not play two games within the week because of still being in school. (tournaments and Friday/Saturday's don't count towards those totals). Bayou Border Battle at McNeese is not a tournament.

Silsbee had Lumberton move the district game to last night so that they could play in Sugar Bowl tourney in New Orleans.Β  Therefore they couldn't play on Wednesday (today) due to playing more than one game from Monday thru Thursday while in school.

When Sigler scheduled the game at McNeese originally, he thought Silsbee would be on Christmas break this week.

Thanks makes since.. That's the reason I" said they had a game today I" thought they where still playing.. But the Sugar Bowl is going to be alot more fun and great competition from all over the nation.. Thanks AAW for that info..

On 12/20/2023 at 9:42 AM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee should be in full effect for the King Cotton Tournament. It would he good to match up vs Booker T and see what that looks like so far. I dont see Silsbee going deeper than 8 deep when the playoffs come.Β 

A three day pass is only $30.Β  If you're a high school basketball fan I don't see how you can beat it.Β Β