4A D2 State Final Bellville vs Gilmer

BBfan061

40 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

I will say this. We are not where I expected after the 1st night of the season when I watched Chapel Hill destroy us. The motto of this team this year is a word that I use every day at my work. I work for a Japanese company and I hear the word "Kaizen" every single day. That means "continuous improvement ". That is the battle cry of the Buckeyes and for this season it couldn't be more fitting. They have gotten better and more confident as the season has gone on. That is a testament to the players and coaching staff. They believe in themselves and now they have the whole town believing.  We will all see how it turns out on Friday.  

I agree with the first part… I either watched or was at every Bellville game this year…I honestly didn’t think we had a legitimate shot until probably the start of the second quarter vs Silsbee in the third round…. Mainly because of how last year went… Losing to Madisonville in the second round left a bad taste in the mouth of this Bellville team I believe… With the exception of Wimberley they have dominated every team they have played this season. Win or lose Friday it’s been a great season. After this season what’s in store? Well we only lose 4 starters on offense and 4-5 on defense I believe with some younger guys waiting for their shot from a good freshman and JV team. I’ll say this 4A D2 only gets tougher next year with the addition of Lorena,Brock, China Spring, and others 

12 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I agree with the first part… I either watched or was at every Bellville game this year…I honestly didn’t think we had a legitimate shot until probably the start of the second quarter vs Silsbee in the third round…. Mainly because of how last year went… Losing to Madisonville in the second round left a bad taste in the mouth of this Bellville team I believe… With the exception of Wimberley they have dominated every team they have played this season. Win or lose Friday it’s been a great season. After this season what’s in store? Well we only lose 4 starters on offense and 4-5 on defense I believe with some younger guys waiting for their shot from a good freshman and JV team. I’ll say this 4A D2 only gets tougher next year with the addition of Lorena,Brock, China Spring, and others 

being able to beat Jasper you knew then it was all good!

I mean come on Silsbee didn't score til the freshmen of yalls came in the last minute.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I mean come on Silsbee didn't score til the freshmen of yalls came in the last minute.

I believe he said, “With the exception of Wimberley they have dominated every team they have played this season.” I think he’s saying once he knew they had Silsbee beat, Jasper would be no problem (since Silsbee had just beaten Jasper 3 weeks earlier). 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, BBfan061 said:

14 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

you get it don't ya,? 😉😄 lol. yep we at least scored on the 1st string defense.

I will say I don’t think Glenn Rose was that great… that region in general was super weak IMO… I think Bellville, Jasper, Silsbee, Cuero, Gilmer, Carthage, PG, Wimberley, and maybe others all would’ve won that region. From a lot of things I’ve read I think several Gilmer fans are underestimating Bellville still… I’m still seeing “Bellville hasn’t played anyone” which is baffling lol either way I wanna wish good luck and safe travels to the Gilmer fans and team @lostaussie