4A D2 State Final Bellville vs Gilmer

BBfan061

On 12/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, BULLSeye said:

Bellville is going into this game with the #1 scoring offense and the #1 defense in points allowed. Gilmer is right behind them coming in at #2 in scoring offense. Gilmer’s defense is their weak spot. “If” Bellville's offense can take advantage of Gilmer’s defense, and wear them down pounding the rock, (which they’ve done extremely well all year long) Bellville's defense will be key to winning this game. “If” they show up playing like the #1 defense they’ve been all year. (And I’m sure they will because I’ve talked to a few of the players, and they assured me they are ready!) They will physically wear Gilmer down and make all the jabber mouths on Smoaky eat their words. Everyone knows #99 DJ Sanders name by now and if they don’t, they will Friday but I rarely hear #25 mentioned Conner Gains. He leads the team in tackles, he’s also their punter, that’s done a great job pinning opposing offenses back when they’ve had to punt. If you’ve been to any of the games you’ve heard his name a lot. The kid has a motor and a nack for tracking down the ball and he is relentless when he dials in. Defense wins championships….. and Bellville clearly has the better D. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It appears all us jabber mouths know what we’re talking about. If the Gilmer QB had thrown the ball like he did against Carthage it would have been a blow out. Belleville had no one that could run with the Gilmer receivers. 
Gilmer played the best 4A had to offer in East Texas and was well prepared for a team that could only run the ball. 
To win state championships in 4A you have to run and throw equally well. 
Belleville was a darn good team but they were only challenged two times in Jasper and Wimberly neither of which could throw the ball. 
Gilmer’s defense got better every game and their coaches had them ready for Bellevilles run game. If Gilmer leaves a safety back instead of everyone on the lie of scrimmage, not sure if Belleville scores two of their touchdowns. 
Gilmer coaches did an excellent job planning for number 99. He was no factor stopping Henderson. All he needed was a step and no one was going to catch him. East Texas speed is what Gilmer brought to the game. The Gilmer QB had a bad day throwing the ball. He never missed a receiver against Carthage. Throwing dimes 40 yards down the field. Our secondary got eaten alive. 
Congrats to Belleville and Gilmer for outstanding seasons and a great ball game. 

On 12/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, Reality_check said:

Let’s be clear about something.  I’ve watched the gilmer Carthage game a number of times.  Gilmer didn’t beat Carthage.  Carthage beat Carthage.   I agree Carthage was not the team of recent memory but still.   

The good thing Carthage  has 18 starters coming back. The entire D line will be 3 year starters, all 3 linebackers and two in the secondary. The Dawgs started 10 sophomores ( very talented sophomores) QB as a sophomore threw for 3,800 yards, 44 touchdowns with 6 interceptions, sophomore RB with many DI offers including Georgia and Texas. 
All three D linemen with offers, and super talented sophomore linebackers over 6ft and 200 pounds , 3 O linemen coming back, 2 wide receivers and a very special sophomore full back. 
The Dawgs will be right back in the hunt in 2024. 

9 minutes ago, Horton said:

The good thing Carthage  has 18 starters coming back. The entire D line will be 3 year starters, all 3 linebackers and two in the secondary. The Dawgs started 10 sophomores ( very talented sophomores) QB as a sophomore threw for 3,800 yards, 44 touchdowns with 6 interceptions, sophomore RB with many DI offers including Georgia and Texas. 
All three D linemen with offers, and super talented sophomore linebackers over 6ft and 200 pounds , 3 O linemen coming back, 2 wide receivers and a very special sophomore full back. 
The Dawgs will be right back in the hunt in 2024. 

I hope by the Grace of God Carthage goes Region 3. Gilmer brings back a ton too. Hopefully they don't put us in the same district.  

1 hour ago, Horton said:

It appears all us jabber mouths know what we’re talking about. If the Gilmer QB had thrown the ball like he did against Carthage it would have been a blow out. Belleville had no one that could run with the Gilmer receivers. 
Gilmer played the best 4A had to offer in East Texas and was well prepared for a team that could only run the ball. 
To win state championships in 4A you have to run and throw equally well. 
Belleville was a darn good team but they were only challenged two times in Jasper and Wimberly neither of which could throw the ball. 
Gilmer’s defense got better every game and their coaches had them ready for Bellevilles run game. If Gilmer leaves a safety back instead of everyone on the lie of scrimmage, not sure if Belleville scores two of their touchdowns. 
Gilmer coaches did an excellent job planning for number 99. He was no factor stopping Henderson. All he needed was a step and no one was going to catch him. East Texas speed is what Gilmer brought to the game. The Gilmer QB had a bad day throwing the ball. He never missed a receiver against Carthage. Throwing dimes 40 yards down the field. Our secondary got eaten alive. 
Congrats to Belleville and Gilmer for outstanding seasons and a great ball game. 

Ohhh yeah and now you come out of hiding to run your mouth now that you know the outcome of the game. We are talking about a game that ultimately a blocked extra point ends up being the deciding factor of the game. Some high flying offense to only put up 28 points. Bellville’s defense did their job, can’t say the same for the offense and some questionable play calling and all the false starts, a fumble, and a forced interception in the end zone. Bellville beat themselves. And to say no one can match Gilmer’s receivers speed… I clearly remember a Bellville interception around the 3 yard line. Maybe the qb had a bad game or maybe he felt the pressure and didn’t have the time to throw the ball he’s used too, or maybe Bellville’s speed is a little faster than you claim and the receivers weren’t wide open like in previous games. I guess you never actually watched Wimberley play either because they had one hell of a qb that passed the ball extremely well. Bellville lost a very winnable game. Hats off to Gilmer for the win but your jabbering is just that…. Jabbering! Crawl back in your hole.

45 minutes ago, BULLSeye said:

Ohhh yeah and now you come out of hiding to run your mouth now that you know the outcome of the game. We are talking about a game that ultimately a blocked extra point ends up being the deciding factor of the game. Some high flying offense to only put up 28 points. Bellville’s defense did their job, can’t say the same for the offense and some questionable play calling and all the false starts, a fumble, and a forced interception in the end zone. Bellville beat themselves. And to say no one can match Gilmer’s receivers speed… I clearly remember a Bellville interception around the 3 yard line. Maybe the qb had a bad game or maybe he felt the pressure and didn’t have the time to throw the ball he’s used too, or maybe Bellville’s speed is a little faster than you claim and the receivers weren’t wide open like in previous games. I guess you never actually watched Wimberley play either because they had one hell of a qb that passed the ball extremely well. Bellville lost a very winnable game. Hats off to Gilmer for the win but your jabbering is just that…. Jabbering! Crawl back in your hole.

There was no pressure when the Gilmer receivers were 35 yards down the field running by the DB’S and being over thrown. Bellville had 77 total yards in the second half. Great game by both teams. Sorry facts hurt your feelings. 

4 minutes ago, Horton said:

There was no pressure when the Gilmer receivers were 35 yards down the field running by the DB’S and being over thrown. Bellville had 77 total yards in the second half. Great game by both teams. Sorry facts hurt your feelings. 

Yes, everything positive for Bellville was luck. Everything positive for Gilmer was skill. Everything bad that happened to Bellville was due to Gilmer superiority. Everything bad that happened to Gilmer was luck. 

It was a 2 point difference. They both had their chances.

1 hour ago, BULLSeye said:

I watched Wimberley QB play last year in the state championship against my Dawgs, he had 44 yards passing. We beat them 42 to 0. They had a great team but our speed on both sides of the ball was to much for them. 

• 2 weeks later...