Shepherd (40) @ Coldspring-Oakhurst (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

I gotta say this (no offense to the Pirates because yall played yalls arse off tonight and congrats on making it to the playoffs) but I've seen a many of Coldspring vs. Shepherd games and I got to say this was the worse game I've seen in my life especially with the refs.  Next season we match up please do not use these officials.  But we did come in with one of our RBs out and the guy that they had in was very inexperienced and was afraid to carry the ball.  To add insult to injury this was not only this was the worst loss in district but the whole season (Pirates played us harder that Hamshire-Fannett did and that's saying a lot.) But good season Coldspring and whoever plays Shepherd in 2 weeks better be ready for a dogfight.

11 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I'll take your word for it. Surely didn't think CS would lose to Shepherd this year. Something must've happened 

Yes we need people like Peveto, coach null, even barbay. We have 13 coaches who do not make adjustments. We have players who would start at other schools. We need a change 

9 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Refs and injuries. 

Maybe Shepherd has better athletes than Coldspring does?  Coldspring, athletically, is nowhere near what the faithful think they are. Also, maybe, Coldspring is just ready to hit the gym. 

We have athletes they are not being utilize properly. My best friends son is an state qualifier in track. Was placed on jv as junior & led the team in his junior year in receptions, reception yards, and yards after the catch. He also lead in rushing. Another young man lead the team in tackles & is sitting on the bench.

lastly all of shepherds coaches are Coldspring alumni. They applied for position even the head coach Miles Robinson. They were told who they could hire. 

All of Shepherd’s coaches are Coldspring alum?  Hogwash!  There are 2 and only 2. 

And when you say “led the JV in…” all I hear is “he’s too scared to play on varsity”.

Of all the Coldspring faithful, why can’t you admit that Shepherd is just better?  All of the years I’ve been on this message board you say kids aren’t being utilized correctly…

Y’all will go through ADs like socks but there’s one thing that consistently remains and that’s the fact that Coldspring is nowhere as close as they used to be athletically.  Bring Nick Saban or even Deion in and they’ll be lucky to win 4-5 games consistently. 

59 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

We have athletes they are not being utilize properly. My best friends son is an state qualifier in track. Was placed on jv as junior & led the team in his junior year in receptions, reception yards, and yards after the catch. He also lead in rushing. Another young man lead the team in tackles & is sitting on the bench.

lastly all of shepherds coaches are Coldspring alumni. They applied for position even the head coach Miles Robinson. They were told who they could hire. 

I agree CS might need to do something different with their offense or whatever. Not sure where you got your info from about a CS kid qualifying for the state track meet though. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen and I don't know how impressive it is for a junior to lead the jv in receptions for a run heavy program. You could be right though. Maybe he could have helped the varsity 

2 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Of all the Coldspring faithful, why can’t you admit that Shepherd is just better?

Dude your really reaching... Coldspring has the better athletes than Shepherd always has been possibly always will be.  Like I said before the reason why Shepherd won is because of the plays that they made at the right time plus having the refs helping them out.  Every time Coldspring had the ball on almost every other play a penalty was called and I haven't seen that many called in a high school game in a long time and you can't win that way.  Even the field was slippery last night (it's time to get turf Coldspring and catch up with everyone else) and we had a major injury to our main RB coming into the game and he alone would have been a difference maker.  If all of these things did not happen last night trust me Shepherd would have not won this game.

2 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I couldn't agree more... Atrocious play calling all year long.

What you two rocket surgeons don't realize is that coaches read these message boards and avoid places like Coldspring now because of the headaches people cause from there.

Also...how many kids have gone on to play collegiate sports over the past 10 years from Coldspring vs Shepherd?  No, you don't get to count the Dean kid since he left y'all.

24 minutes ago, scat_trap said:

What you two rocket surgeons don't realize is that coaches read these message boards and avoid places like Coldspring now because of the headaches people cause from there.

Also...how many kids have gone on to play collegiate sports over the past 10 years from Coldspring vs Shepherd?  No, you don't get to count the Dean kid since he left y'all.

Sir please stop it i am a college graduate we all know that. Please refrain from name calling it is so tactless & unnecessary. A registered nurse of 25 years. Who is about to have her masters. WE KNOW THE AREA WE LIVED THERE MOVED AWAY AND CAME BACK. SHEPHERD COACHES ALL GRADUATED FROM THERE. Shepherd was better coached & prepared.  I know football 🏈 my daddy taught me. End of debate it is game. I have lost 6 family members in 6 weeks. In the scheme of life it is not that big of deal to me. I am not getting mentally constipated with your rhetoric. I am finished commenting on the game. GREAT WIN SHEPHERD