Baytown Lee (21) @ Barbers Hill (42) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, panamamyers said:

Not sure what BH is doing here. Tried quick pass from the 2 yard line and nearly got a 98 yard pick six. The only way Lee could have possible had a chance and they just about gave it to them.

Yeah that was super dumb

Good effort by the Ganders. Have to be proud of the way they play. Just not enough depth. Too many guys playing both ways and additionally some sloppy stuff like muffing kick off returns and punt snaps. Just not quite good enough.

GC needs to let them play down where they belong in division 2 instead of making the Baytown teams stay together.

Still an outside shot at playoffs.

2 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Good effort by the Ganders. Have to be proud of the way they play. Just not enough depth. Too many guys playing both ways and additionally some sloppy stuff like muffing kick off returns and punt snaps. Just not quite good enough.

GC needs to let them play down where they belong in division 2 instead of making the Baytown teams stay together.

Still an outside shot at playoffs.

The Ganders did play well and much improved from last year. Of course returning 9/9 helps :) . The JR QB looked good as well. The Ganders still got alot in them and can get an upset or two  before the season is over. Just glad it wasn't us. Now for BH the head off to bye week to do some healing and the defense has to tighten up. they are letting too many big plays go on 3rd and long just like a couple of weeks ago against LaPorte. After Bye we have KWP, PAM and Porter which will be a tough end to district. 

7 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

The Ganders did play well and much improved from last year. Of course returning 9/9 helps :) . The JR QB looked good as well. The Ganders still got alot in them and can get an upset or two  before the season is over. Just glad it wasn't us. Now for BH the head off to bye week to do some healing and the defense has to tighten up. they are letting too many big plays go on 3rd and long just like a couple of weeks ago against LaPorte. After Bye we have KWP, PAM and Porter which will be a tough end to district. 

QB is a senior.

His name contains a junior which may have made it confusing.

54 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

I was told it was for track, not football. That was a while back.

one of the LB are committed to Western Kentucky, that’s the only football D1 that I’m aware of.

Ok, that makes sense. I mean he’s a good QB ,but that offer seemed above his pay grade for football. Congrats to him though

12 hours ago, panamamyers said:

I'll tell you what happened. Lee was moving the. Got an illegal chop block to start over 1st and 25....converted 3rd and like 24 with a 40 yard pass and got a holding call. 

I felt the officials were pretty fair until that drive. BH is playing absolutely flawlessly without any penalties to be found here.

There was a  roughing the QB call against BH that sustained a Lee drive. The Lee QB was tackled but dang he was literally throwing the ball downfeild while falling. No way on earth thats roughing. I vehemetely disagreed with it, but thats just part of the game you have to expect will happen at times and you overcome. I give the officials a pass. They are human and doing their best. They were imperfect like all the rest but did not affect the final outcome of the game.           

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

There was a  roughing the QB call against BH that sustained a Lee drive. The Lee QB was tackled but dang he was literally throwing the ball downfeild while falling. No way on earth thats roughing. I vehemetely disagreed with it, but thats just part of the game you have to expect will happen at times and you overcome. I give the officials a pass. They are human and doing their best. They were imperfect like all the rest but did not affect the final outcome of the game.           

You're right. I was just frustrated at the time. That roughing was for hands to the face.