Vidor at LCM

BattlinBear02

51 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Its going to come down to defense. I feel like LCM hasn’t played great defense since the mid 90’s. Led by a great DC Jeff Harrell just saying!

Vidor's best defense is the offense... ground n pound.  QB is very quick and fast.  RB #26 or 28 runs hard, very hard and some speed.  RBs #3 and 6 only need a little daylight to take it the distance.

If it comes down to defense, I'll give the edge to Vidor.  Vidor's strength is their LBs and Secondary.  Well secondary was a strength till the starting safety injured his knee.

6 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Vidor's best defense is the offense... ground n pound.  QB is very quick and fast.  RB #26 or 28 runs hard, very hard and some speed.  RBs #3 and 6 only need a little daylight to take it the distance.

If it comes down to defense, I'll give the edge to Vidor.  Vidor's strength is their LBs and Secondary.  Well secondary was a strength till the starting safety injured his knee.

My fault i meant to say LCM defense to stop Vidor’s offense. I feel like the game could go both ways. 

I would worry about LCM defense also. If you have watched the film of Vidor and Silsbee, the two big OL of Vidor #75 & #99 where they line up almost 90% of the time will indicate where the play is going.  I'm sure coach Harrell has picked up on that. Those guys, for their size are quick off the line. They will switch from one side of the line to the other. 90% of the time the play is going their direction. If they split, one on each side usually the play is going outside on #99 side of the line. Not saying every time but most of the time. LCM's LB's better be quick and fast to react to the ball. LCM's Offense will have to play a lot better then they have in the past against Vidor. They need to come out like they did last week and execute the best they can. If so I think they will score and stay in the game until the end to make it close game. I'll go with LCM by 6pts.

1 hour ago, BearBB2001 said:

I would worry about LCM defense also. If you have watched the film of Vidor and Silsbee, the two big OL of Vidor #75 & #99 where they line up almost 90% of the time will indicate where the play is going.  I'm sure coach Harrell has picked up on that. Those guys, for their size are quick off the line. They will switch from one side of the line to the other. 90% of the time the play is going their direction. If they split, one on each side usually the play is going outside on #99 side of the line. Not saying every time but most of the time. LCM's LB's better be quick and fast to react to the ball. LCM's Offense will have to play a lot better then they have in the past against Vidor. They need to come out like they did last week and execute the best they can. If so I think they will score and stay in the game until the end to make it close game. I'll go with LCM by 6pts.

That's the beauty of slot T. You know it's coming and most still can't stop it...

2 hours ago, BearBB2001 said:

Coach Harrell left LCM in 2002 with Coach Thompson to go to Palestine. He was the Head Coach of Palestine when Coach T left. He coached peterson through high school. Coach Harrell then left and went to Texarkana and was hired by  Barry Norton as a Assistant HC. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Coach Harrell left LCM in 2002 with Coach Thompson to go to Palestine. He was the Head Coach of Palestine when Coach T left. He coached peterson through high school. Coach Harrell then left and with to Coach with Barry Norton as a Assistant HC. 

I'm not a full time follower of LCM since all of my kids have graduated from there. I was going by an earlier quote. Should have addressed it as the DC at the moment. Thanks for the correction. I will be there tonight hoping their offense can keep up without being sloppy.