3A-D1 District 9 Rankings Week 3

TrojanWarrior08

It's Monday so it's time for my thoughts on the weekly rankings again.  I'm actually busy at the time of this post so I'll make it short and sweet so here we go:

1. Woodville (1-2) - The Eagles as I stated has an easy slate of opponents coming up and they can only go from here with a beat down of Liberty although that was not the case in the first half but still put it on them when needed most.  (They will be F-I-N-E)

2. Palestine Westwood (3-0) - This is the only team in district that is still undefeated.  I understand what type of opponents that they had to play but district starts in 2 weeks so expect a loss or 2 down the road.

3. Coldspring-Oakhurst (2-1) - The only reason why I've bump them down is because of the loss to H-F and not because of Westwood record for mine and obvious reasons.  H-F's O-Line is by far the biggest we will see this season unless we make it to the playoffs.  Another reason why the Trojans are in this spot is because of the defense holding H-F to only 2 points the entire second half.

4. Diboll (1-2) - I was very tempted to move them above Coldspring in my esteem rankings because they played the defending state champs but their first half performance left a little bit less to be desired but the second half they showed up but a loss is a loss and the Trojans record is better (although the teams Coldspring beat can't hold Franklin's jockstrap at all).  This team should get better as the season progresses.

5. Shepherd (1-2) - The game against Orangfield should show a bit of indication of where the Pirates may wind up this season.  A terrible loss to the Bobcats nevertheless.

T. 6. Crockett and Huntington (0-3) - The records speaks for itself one team is very young and the other one history speaks for themselves.