Coldspring-Oakhurst (22) @ Splendora (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 1, 2023 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Splendora - 4A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Coldspring-Oakhurst- 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

10 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I will try something new for myself... Starting this week I will compile our district results after each Friday or Saturday and post about each team bias to my own opinions.  Stay tuned because I may post up this week tonight.

Thanks that is good bc i was just trying to see how the pre-district games in our district were

5 hours ago, jds82 said:

Honest question…can we truly put much stock in these pre district games? It’s a whole different game when district starts..just my humble opinion 

There's a lot of truth into this but also realize this that some teams in the same district that may play common pre-district opponents and it's something that you can go by own.  However with that being said sometimes teams play each other differently to their strengths and weaknesses for example next weeks game when we play H-F.  Now East Chambers isn't in our district but they're in our bi-district and we can possibly play them in the playoffs providing that both teams make it.  Now take both Coldspring and East Chambers schedule the common opponent is Hamshire-Fannett and EC has played them a different way then what we will play them (we run the Slot-T don't know what EC runs) but it's the same opponent so I can't speak for nobody else but I take stock when it comes to pre-season opponents common or not.

15 hours ago, jds82 said:

Honest question…can we truly put much stock in these pre district games? It’s a whole different game when district starts..just my humble opinion 

Yes we can because for Coldspring, it lets us know which team will be the toughest to beat in my opinion. In my opinion based on the 2 games Woodville has played they have set the bar high. Almost upsetting #1 Franklin & then giving perennial power Newton all it can handle, definitely lets us know Woodville will be the team to beat. I feel like Woodville put all of class 3a on alert with the near upset of defending state champions Franklin. Again no worries just my opinion 

13 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

There's a lot of truth into this but also realize this that some teams in the same district that may play common pre-district opponents and it's something that you can go by own.  However with that being said sometimes teams play each other differently to their strengths and weaknesses for example next weeks game when we play H-F.  Now East Chambers isn't in our district but they're in our bi-district and we can possibly play them in the playoffs providing that both teams make it.  Now take both Coldspring and East Chambers schedule the common opponent is Hamshire-Fannett and EC has played them a different way then what we will play them (we run the Slot-T don't know what EC runs) but it's the same opponent so I can't speak for nobody else but I take stock when it comes to pre-season opponents common or not.

That’s true