22-3A All District Picks

One could say that a team that had two superlatives should have made the playoffs.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a team have two superlatives and not make playoffs. Probably has been done before but I'm not aware of it.

Again, got no problem with Sells being MVP but just wouldn't be my choice.

36 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Look these things are a train wreck these days more often than not.  But Perrault has the biggest gripe of anyone. Which in itself is shocking. The Kountze kid over Scales is pretty laughable too.  The real question is who all does Joub have compromising pictures of??

I hope you’re being sarcastic.   Or you just don’t know Joub.  He ain’t that guy.   Courts does a lot for Kountze just like Scales.  Courts was the other player for Kountze that averaged double digits.  No one else made 2nd team for them.  
  Difference I saw,  Scales is on a team with multiple talented teammates and senior heavy.  Perhaps he was over looked ,  good thing is he has 3 more years for awards.   
    I figured Sells would get a top award just wasn’t sure which one.  

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One could say that a team that had two superlatives should have made the playoffs.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a team have two superlatives and not make playoffs. Probably has been done before but I'm not aware of it.

Think Sells was MVP last year as well

27 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I’m wondering the same thing, seems a bit odd. 

To me it can’t be done. You take sells off kountze and they are in no different place when the playoffs come. At home watching like us.  You take pete or parrualt off ec or orangefield and things are completely different. To give it to a non playoff team is a disservice to the award. This is not an award to say who the best player in the district in one on one is to me. Maybe I’m wrong 

18 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

To me it can’t be done. You take sells off kountze and they are in no different place when the playoffs come. At home watching like us.  You take pete or parrualt off ec or orangefield and things are completely different. To give it to a non playoff team is a disservice to the award. This is not an award to say who the best player in the district in one on one is to me. Maybe I’m wrong 

Take sells away and they aren’t finishing tied for 4th I can promise you that…

3 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

Next time I go to a kountze game I’ll be looking for that tied for 4th play in game banner hanging in the gym 😂

My point was he is the most valuable to his team out of any of the others… as far as banners you wouldn’t find any ties for fourth there… you’d find some state championships and deep playoff runs though 

3 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

My point was he is the most valuable to his team out of any of the others… as far as banners you wouldn’t find any ties for fourth there… you’d find some state championships and deep playoff runs though 

No offense, but being on a team that tied for fourth and you being the best on that team shouldn’t mean you’re the district MVP.