22-3A All District Picks

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Look we all want Kountze to be back.  I’ve said before SETX basketball is better when the Lions are good.  But for point of reference, since Orangefield has dropped down, I think they are like 5-1 against Kountze and the 5 wins have all been beat downs, including two 20+ pieces this year.  So to have 2 of the 4 superlatives go to a team that couldn’t even make the top half of the district is a little laughable.  Surely someone in that room felt that way.  And maybe no one wanted to speak up and tell Joub his team just wasn’t very good.  

Finally some honesty…. I have been enjoying people trying to defend this though. It’s been as laughable as the list itself. Nobody can look at that and say “yep, they got it right”. 

Ha.  You think Joub didn’t know what he had to work with ?   And what does that have to do with Sells being as good as he is.?   He knows he had a very young team and got what he could put of them.   

ask the coaches that voted was it a conspiracy?      That’s laughable .  

On 3/2/2023 at 10:35 AM, gogo173489 said:

I think the biggest mistake here is Kirbyville having anyone on the 1st team. No offense to the kid that made 1st team, but they were just a bad basketball team along with Warren and Hardin. On the superlatives its all subjective. However, the district champion having zero superlative awards is really strange. 

The kid from Warren probably had the talent to be named to the 2nd team but he didn't have any help and you're exactly right Warren, Kirbyville and Hardin were bad basketball teams.