Silsbee vs Liberty Predictions

BADSANTA

31 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

-36 is being nice. Silsbee could pull the starters early 4th.Ā 

Silsbee beat the #3 and #4 seed (Jasper and Lumberton) by an average of 35 points a game. Liberty tied for 3rd in their district.

I think the line at 36 is fair. But I could see it being 40 before game time.

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee beat the #3 and #4 seed (Jasper and Lumberton) by an average of 35 points a game. Liberty tied for 3rd in their district.

I think the line at 36 is fair. But I could see it being 40 before game time.

That being said liberty lost by 15 to lumberton who lost by 35 to silsbee 21 to Lcm who lost by 30 to silsbee. Silsbee could win this game by 70 if they wanted too. The line that is set has to be based on a pure guess of when silsbee coach decides to rest his starters. Lol.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

That being said liberty lost by 15 to lumberton who lost by 35 to silsbee 21 to Lcm who lost by 30 to silsbee. Silsbee could win this game by 70 if they wanted too. The line that is set has to be based on a pure guess of when silsbee coach decides to rest his starters. Lol.Ā 

That's part of it. Not really a guess. I have seen enough Tiger playoff basketball under Joe Sigler to know he will not keep his starters in a playoff blow out. Got bigger fish to fry later.

A betting line is always based on what the final score will be, regardless of pulling starters or not. We can speculate what the score would be if Silsbee played their starters the entirety even if they were up 35. But I think we all know that will not happen.

4 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

Did I read Hj got a home game vs Lumberton šŸ¤”

Yes. Lumberton wanted to flip home and home. HJ didn't want home and home, wanted a neutral site. Lumberton won the flip to get the opportunity for home and home and then lost that flip to HJ. So HJ gets a home game in first round.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You mean the HF (Hamshire-Fannett) Jasper game. I'll be attending that one.

Yes HF.Ā  (Jasper - HJ might not be as interesting)Ā  I watched the Jasper/Bridge City game and was struck by the fact that several times Jasper just to threw passes into thin air and squandered good opportunities.Ā  Bridge City didn't intercept, the ball just flew out of bounds.Ā  If the Dogs could settle down, be a little more careful, this could be competitive.Ā Ā 

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Whoever wins will face Jacksonville. They are decent for sure.Ā 

They are indeed.Ā  And Bullard is just as good.Ā  I've watched some of their highlights and I watched the whole Bullard/Jacksonville seeding game.Ā  Based on what I've seen I believe they can give anybody in Region 3 a good game, even Silsbee and the District 21 teams.Ā  Ā There's not much difference really between the two and that's reflected in their head to head meetings.

It was interesting in the seeding game Friday.Ā  Jacksonville played a largely half court in the first half and went to the locker 16 points down.Ā  They went with full court man to man and up tempo and almost broke through a couple of times in the second half.Ā  The natural question is why didn't they go up tempo the whole game?Ā  The answer of course is that their coach knows what he's doing and that approach won't work for them in this context.Ā Ā 
Ā