Morgan Freeman: Black History Month Is Ridiculous!

Reagan

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

And ALL history needs to taught, good or bad.  You can’t make certain parts go away by not teaching it. 

And as a perfect example I found this today. I've lived here my whole life. And never heard this story before. 

The Civil War of Orange

This is the hidden content, please

There is no way to know all history. There have been many local “wars” and skirmishes throughout American history. Footnotes of history in a given area (like SE Texas) would take extensive knowledge like a master’s or doctorate.

For every small community in this country, there are likely dozens of interesting stories of what happened in the past and many more lost to history.

Not that it is hidden but how many people know that Port Arthur was founded and named for the founder of the Kansas City Southern Railroad? KCS today is trying to link with Canadian Pacific which if it happens, will be the only direct link railway system to join Canada, USA and Mexico. So possibly the most extensive north to south railway system in North America will be directly linked to the founding of Port Arthur, TX. Significant in US history? It should be but it likely won’t be and how many people even in this area know about it? How many people reading this forum?

Black history, White history, Mexican history in the USA, etc. is just all history…. about 99.5% of which has been or will be lost.