WO-S vs. #1 Giddings Predictions?/GAME TIME CHANGE

KFDM COOP

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock or no Brock giddings is going to be a handfull.I don't see this game being any different in the first half than any other this year.I'm talking about the Stangs slow start.I know we are a second half team but the Giddings D is good.If we can keep them off the board in the first half,I think that will be huge for the stangs.I really think the Stangs are the better team.I think they were better last year.If we play well ( not like last year ) we win.

Giddings will be tough, that's for sure, but they have yet to convince me that they can compare to last year's team....

after the past two weeks WO-S has now scored more points than Giddings and allowed less...

Giddings' offense has scored over 100 pts less this year than they had at this point last year (that's 10 pts less per game)

WOS thru Week 11  2007

Pts for 400

Pts against 97

4 Opponents with a winning record: 10-1 Kirbyville, 8-3 Dayton, 7-4 Jasper, 6-5 Bay City

Giddings thru Week 11  2007

Pts for 359

Pts against 123

3 Opponents with a winning record: 9-1 Caldwell, 8-3 Navasota, 7-4 Sealy

WOS thru Week 11 2006

Pts for 438

Pts against 76

Giddings thru Week 11 2006

Pts for 473

Pts against 137

I just don't see how you can say the first half was really bad against Coldsprings. We had the ball 17 plays and scored twice. They had the ball 33 plays and scored once. The interception was a very questionable call. I was right there, two feet away and the other receiver pushed Ronnie. Luckily, it didn't hurt us in the end, but I'm just not seeing how that was such a bad half, especially when you know that the Mustangs are a second half team.

WO-S (MUST) play the BEST football they haver ever played this year if they  wish  to see next week.GIDDINGS will not lay down just becouse they know WO-S is one of the better teams they have played this year .GIDDINGS is # ! in the state of texas and they will try and show the mustangs why they are the best in the state in 3A.we all know that giddings has a very good  Def themself and will try and send wo-s home early as they did last year WEST ORANGE-STARK (MUST PLAY LIGHTS OUT FOOTBALL)  to win this game and we all know this as it was said on another board  musstangs  pack light becouse your stay will be SHORT.   ps sorry for the spelling

I just don't see how you can say the first half was really bad against Coldsprings. We had the ball 17 plays and scored twice. They had the ball 33 plays and scored once. The interception was a very questionable call. I was right there, two feet away and the other receiver pushed Ronnie. Luckily, it didn't hurt us in the end, but I'm just not seeing how that was such a bad half, especially when you know that the Mustangs are a second half team.

I guess when you score 39 in the second half to just 12 in the first half,you have to say the first half wasn't that good in that respect.We have been playing like that all year.As long as we can hold the other team below what we can score in the first two quarters,that's ok with me.BTW.I thought the interception was a bad call as well.

I don't know why it is, but they are DEFINITELY a 2nd half team.  It's made many a fan a nervous wreck this season with the score way too close for comfort at halftime in the majority of the games. In 8 out of 11 games WO-S has either trailed or lead by 7 pts or less at halftime.

Luckily 6 out of 11 opponents were shutout in the 2nd half and all 5 of the remaining opponents were held to only 6 or 7 pts).  No team has yet to score more than 7 against the Mustangs in the 2nd half.

A few halftime scores from the season....

Dayton 14

WO-S 0

(WOS outscores Dayton 22-0 in the 2nd half to win 22-14)

WO-S 0

LC-M 0

(WOS scores 6 in the 2nd half to win 6-0)

Bay City 8

WO-S 6

(Bay City outscored WOS 7-6 in the 2nd half to win 15-12)  ---  the only team to outscore WOS in the 2nd half this year

WO-S 7

Hamshire-Fannett 0

(WOS outscores H-F 27-7 in the 2nd half to win 34-7)

WO-S 12

Kirbyville 7

(WOS outscores Kville 19-0 in the 2nd half to win 31-7)

WO-S 7

Silsbee 6

(WOS outscores Silsbee 10-0 in the 2nd half to win 17-6)

Jasper 14

WO-S 13

(WOS outscores Jasper 28-7 in the 2nd half to win 41-21)

WO-S 21

Orangefield 7

(WOS outscores Orangefield 28-6 in the 2nd half to win 49-13)

WO-S 12

Coldspring 7

(WOS outscores Coldspring 39-7 in the 2nd half to win 51-14)

The only games that WOS didn't score the majority of their total points in the 2nd half were the Hardin-Jefferson (39-0 at halftime, 25-0 in the 2nd half to win 64-0) and Bridge City (47-0 at halftime, 26-0 in the 2nd half to win 73-0) games, and the only reason for that was that both games were pretty much decided before halftime.

WO-S has scored at least 25 second half points in 6 of their last 8 games

They've scored at least 3 second half TD's in 7 of their last 8 games, 8 out of the 11 they've played

If they can score 3 times total against Giddings, I think they have a very good chance of winning the game depending on how the kicking game goes. 4 TD's should win it hands down.

Not that I care either way, but how would that be an excuse?

because the person that said "he petitioned to play even though he should be in college" could say that he shouldn't have played against his or her team...

and yes he is 19 but he turned it after the UIL restriction date...perfectly legal

We should win by 3 TD's if they don't have their QB.  I did not make it to the coldsprings game, but the score was about like I expected.  I was however surprised about the giddings and sealy score, until I read that the qb had gotten hurt.  If sealy can play them that close without him, then we should be just fine. 

We should win by 3 TD's if they don't have their QB.  I did not make it to the coldsprings game, but the score was about like I expected.  I was however surprised about the giddings and sealy score, until I read that the qb had gotten hurt.  If sealy can play them that close without him, then we should be just fine. 

Personally I hope he plays so they won't have any excuse since they want to say something about us making excuses. We don't make excuses. When they beat us last year, he wasn't the reason they won. He have yet to have a big game against us. It was that big runningback #15 and #3 that hurt us.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

For us to win the Playcalling has to be good???? because their D is solid, have to play Mustang Defense for 4 Quarters, No turnovers, and we have to score!!!!!!! We've had some stumbles against good defenses! Think back to Bay City! And the Jr. Garrett has to play.

???

because the person that said "he petitioned to play even though he should be in college" could say that he shouldn't have played against his or her team...

and yes he is 19 but he turned it after the UIL restriction date...perfectly legal

Sweetie...I don't make excuses on this board or anywhere else...must have me confused with someone else.  I certainly hope that he plays Friday because then it will just be a battle of two teams...the better team should win.   ;)

Sweetie...I don't make excuses on this board or anywhere else...must have me confused with someone else.  I certainly hope that he plays Friday because then it will just be a battle of two teams...the better team should win.   ;)

ok cupcake then why did you say he petitioned to play this year when he was perfectly eligible?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder