Trump unhinged

UT alum

56 minutes ago, baddog said:

Is this the statement to which you refer? If so, there is lots of room for “maybe”.

Donald J. Trump &
@realDonald Trump
6m
So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great "Founders" did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent
Elections!

Didn’t your hero Obama say the Constitution is a worthless old document, or something similar? Didn’t hear a peep out of you then. 

There you go. Obama said “Generally, the Constitution is a document of negative liberties, says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you. But it doesn’t say what the federal government must do on your behalf.”

Take one sentence out of context to make something appear to be what it is not.  Deep thinkers need not apply here.

Just now, UT alum said:

There you go. Obama said “Generally, the Constitution is a document of negative liberties, says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you. But it doesn’t say what the federal government must do on your behalf.”

Take one sentence out of context to make something appear to be what it is not.  Deep thinkers need not apply here.

Exactly what you did pal. 

58 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Obama said the Constitution was a "Charter of negative liberties".

You won't see any of the lefty scholars (is that really a thing?) on here wanting to discuss that, they certainly wouldn't when he was President.

Now back to Trump.

See my reply to Baddog on the “negative liberties” quote.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Exactly what you did pal. 

No, pal. I read Trump’s entire quote. He said, “A massive fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations and articles, even those found in the Constitution”. Now, true to form, he’s called out on it and says he didn’t say it.  He says and does things that you nor anybody else would  tolerate in a twelve year old. 

2 minutes ago, UT alum said:

No, pal. I read Trump’s entire quote. He said, “A massive fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations and articles, even those found in the Constitution”. Now, true to form, he’s called out on it and says he didn’t say it.  He says and does things that you nor anybody else would  tolerate in a twelve year old. 

Operative word in bold. You seem like a smart guy. Don’t misinterpret this. 

34 minutes ago, UT alum said:

See my reply to Baddog on the “negative liberties” quote.

The federal government shouldn't have to do anything on your behalf.

The negative liberties he refers to are saying our individual rights trump everything and shall not be infringed., he doesn't like that, calls it a negative when it is without a doubt, positive.

He knew that statement would appeal to those that are looking to get something from government, but it's what you would expect from a community organizer that doesn't want to see folks standing on their own.

4 hours ago, UT alum said:

I have always been taught that words have consequences. You can “ maybe” this or “might have” that, like all the talking heads anywhere on the spectrum have. That’s the problem. Trump had only been held accountable for his word once - on November 11, 2019 - and even then his acolytes had to create a fantasy world of election conspiracies, so eloquently portrayed in 2000 Mules. I take him at his word. He said terminate the Constitution. Given his authoritarian tendencies, I don’t need anyone telling me what he”might have” “meant”.

I find it telling that no one answered the question, “What would it be replaced with?”

And with just one mean tweet, Donald Trump got the entire media and Democrat party to defend the US Constitution.

Simply Amazing….😂

TDS in Full Motion…😂

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The federal government shouldn't have to do anything on your behalf.

The negative liberties he refers to are saying our individual rights trump everything and shall not be infringed., he doesn't like that, calls it a negative when it is without a doubt, positive.

He knew that statement would appeal to those that are looking to get something from government, but it's what you would expect from a community organizer that doesn't want to see folks standing on their own.

Read the preamble to, and Section 1, Article 8 of the United States Constitution.  Then explain why you think the Federal Government is not supposed to do anything on my behalf.

47 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Read the preamble to, and Section 1, Article 8 of the United States Constitution.  Then explain why you think the Federal Government is not supposed to do anything on my behalf.

So tell me what the federal government owes you, other than the freedom to thrive in this country?

Please don’t give me the general welfare line.

44 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Do you realize how vacuous that statement is? It’s no more than a sound bite. 

What are you talking about, THAT was a soundbite to you?

You answer a question for once, what were the negative liberties obama was talking about and be specific about what you feel the federal government is supposed to do for you.

Also tell me what you feel the cost of freedom is.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

What are you talking about, THAT was a soundbite to you?

You answer a question for once, what were the negative liberties obama was talking about and be specific about what you feel the federal government is supposed to do for you.

Also tell me what you feel the cost of freedom is.

1.  The privilege of Habeas Corpus shall NOT be suspended except in times of war

2.   NO bill of attainder or ex post facto law may be passed

3.  NO tax or duty shall be laid on any article exported by any state.

4.  NO public money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in consequence of appropriation by law.

5.  NO preference shall be given by any regulation or revenue to the port of one star over another

6.  No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States:  And NO person holding any office of trust or profit shall, without the consent of Congress  accept any present, Emolument, title or office of any kind from a King, Prince, or foreign state.

7.  NO state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;  NO state shall coin money, pass any bill of attainder or ex post facto law

8.  Congress shall make NO law respecting the establishment of religion it prohibiting the practice thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the right of the people to peaceably assemble, or to petition the Government for redress

9.  The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses , papers or effects against unreasonable searches or seizures shall NOT be violated, and NO Warrant issued without probable cause.

10.  Excessive bail shall NOT be required, NOR excessive fines, NOR cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

There’s ten negatives right there.  Got a problem with that?

I don’t think the government owes me anything. The Constitution and Bill of Rights is an organizing document for building a free and just society like no other seen in history. Any law, tax, or administrative agency deemed to be constitutional has been passed in accordance with the law as established therein by citizens duly elected BY THE PEOPLE to perform those duties.  
My question to you is:  How do you define a patriot? 

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

1.  The privilege of Habeas Corpus shall NOT be suspended except in times of war

2.   NO bill of attainder or ex post facto law may be passed

3.  NO tax or duty shall be laid on any article exported by any state.

4.  NO public money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in consequence of appropriation by law.

5.  NO preference shall be given by any regulation or revenue to the port of one star over another

6.  No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States:  And NO person holding any office of trust or profit shall, without the consent of Congress  accept any present, Emolument, title or office of any kind from a King, Prince, or foreign state.

7.  NO state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;  NO state shall coin money, pass any bill of attainder or ex post facto law

8.  Congress shall make NO law respecting the establishment of religion it prohibiting the practice thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the right of the people to peaceably assemble, or to petition the Government for redress

9.  The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses , papers or effects against unreasonable searches or seizures shall NOT be violated, and NO Warrant issued without probable cause.

10.  Excessive bail shall NOT be required, NOR excessive fines, NOR cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

There’s ten negatives right there.  Got a problem with that?

I don’t think the government owes me anything. The Constitution and Bill of Rights is an organizing document for building a free and just society like no other seen in history. Any law, tax, or administrative agency deemed to be constitutional has been passed in accordance with the law as established therein by citizens duly elected BY THE PEOPLE to perform those duties.  
My question to you is:  How do you define a patriot? 

You need to go back and research what he actually meant.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Obama in his interview disparages the Constitution as merely "a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf." He believes—and he's right—that changing this is the way to bring about "redistributive change."