Coldspring-Oakhurst (8) @ Shepherd (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Shepherd - 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 1, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 3, Overall Losses: 5

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Coldspring-Oakhurst- 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 3, Overall Wins: 5, District Losses: 2, Overall Losses: 3

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

2 hours ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Smh something has to change 

Definitely... We have the athletes but if we need a change it's starts up top and to be honest (I've been reserving my judgement on this in particular) but the coach has to go. (No offense to him)  The type of players we have aren't made for this type of offense and we still have talent coming up soon so I hope he doesn't waste it with them running this type of offense.  A person that I know that is personally close to the team told me before the season that we would be 6-4 and miss the playoffs and now I'm thinking that's not a wild notion now.

6 hours ago, pine curtain said:

so if shepherd wins next week do they make the playoffs and coldsprings out? 

Expect Shepherd to win against Huntington... I'll still remain optimistic about my Trojans but regardless of who gets in the playoffs expect either team to lose in the Bi-District round especially since the Pirates have already lost to Orangefield this season so it will be the second go-around for them and I don't expect that game to be close at all this time.

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Definitely... We have the athletes but if we need a change it's starts up top and to be honest (I've been reserving my judgement on this in particular) but the coach has to go. (No offense to him)  The type of players we have aren't made for this type of offense and we still have talent coming up soon so I hope he doesn't waste it with them running this type of offense.  A person that I know that is personally close to the team told me before the season that we would be 6-4 and miss the playoffs and now I'm thinking that's not a wild notion now.

I hate to tell you but the Trojan's do not have the same type of kids they had back in the 80', 90's and early 2000's. Not bashing but just not the same. We used to think of Coldspring as always reloading. Now it's a game that we think we can win every year. But you are correct the right coach could help change things, if that is what's the biggest problem.

2 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Yes you right to lose to shepherd 5 out of 6 years. It is unacceptable. He runs the same plays over & over again. 

IDk, Trojan Mojo, Trojan Worrior08..

Zero adjustments were made last night until the 4th quarter on defense. Coldspring had no answers to stop HD green. he ran at will and didn't get dirty until the 4th quarter. We were on top of the press box and were calling the plays before the huddle was broke. I agree it starts at the top. We have some stagnate coaches that need to go. We have an o-line coach that was a backup his senior year. I believe he loves the kids and the program, but he doesn't do anything to improve the playability of the kids. There is no technique. We do not have a secondary coach that coaches these kids... we have been burnt all year long down field, but that isn't what beat us this week.  The trojans were merely out coached by the cross county rivals. 

IDK, I agree with you 100%... Coldspring doenst have the same caliper of athletes that they once had, nor do they have the family depth that they had as well.  This year was the first time that you really heard a Goffney, Bradford, Newson name in the program.. add to that the Sykes name as well.. these families have a deep heritage within the community that has seemed to skip a generation.  

This program has done a great job with these kids over the last 4 years as far as tuning these kids into men. The discipline in this program is leaps and bound better that it was just 6-7 years ago. the mind set of these kids and the lack of  personal foul penalties show that... the amount of these kids that have graduated and functioning adults in the world today speak for that as well... 

As we sit here a contemplate why we won or lost, lets look at the greater picture in what the Athletic department is truly about 

59n Sports, well said. I agree on it all. 

TrojanMojo agreed, again I was not bashing on Coldspring, I don't have a kid on the football team anymore. I did talk with about 5-6 players after the volleyball game Shepherd had in Coldspring, everyone was very respectful, but I just didn't get that IT factor that Coldspring always had. Not that they didn't want to win and they very specifically told me they were bring the trophy back home. But the true IT factor just wasn't there. If you know what I am trying to say.

I have questioned for a long time now, why Shepherd has had two Coldspring hometown guys running our program and on the coaching staff and now a third one, but they have not came back home to coach. I don't have the answer. I can tell you that Shepherd loves all three of those guys and they do a heck of a job turning our young guys in to men. We may not win all the time, but the greater picture is perfectly clear. Don't get me wrong everyone wants to win every game, but when you see the guys turned into fine adults that is truly the biggest win a coach can have. 

Just an outside perspective.

5 minutes ago, idk said:

TrojanMojo agreed, again I was not bashing on Coldspring, I don't have a kid on the football team anymore. I did talk with about 5-6 players after the volleyball game Shepherd had in Coldspring, everyone was very respectful, but I just didn't get that IT factor that Coldspring always had. Not that they didn't want to win and they very specifically told me they were bring the trophy back home. But the true IT factor just wasn't there. If you know what I am trying to say.

I have questioned for a long time now, why Shepherd has had two Coldspring hometown guys running our program and on the coaching staff and now a third one, but they have not came back home to coach. I don't have the answer. I can tell you that Shepherd loves all three of those guys and they do a heck of a job turning our young guys in to men. We may not win all the time, but the greater picture is perfectly clear. Don't get me wrong everyone wants to win every game, but when you see the guys turned into fine adults that is truly the biggest win a coach can have. 

I appreciate your input @idk

1 hour ago, idk said:

You bring up a valid point, I think the 1 coach that has been there the longest doesn't make a move because he wants to stay out of the hometown politics. I know the Ad hasnt applied for the job for the simple fact of the timing in which job openings came. I have had several conversations with him about that over the years. He has also been devoted to the students of Shepherd and it keeps him in good with his BIL lol.... KEd being over there now has a lot to do with who the principle is.. they are close friend and grew up together... All 3 are a great asset to that program.