Week-10 Beaumont United vs Beaumont West Brook Predictions

Who wins   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2022 at 11:00 PM

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But didn’t ALL schools go virtual and have Covid protocols in place?  And you see other area schools are successful..  🤷🏾‍♂️

No. Not all schools gave kids an option to be virtual. It was the wrong choice for BMT. The data alone from the educational aspect proves this - data on attendance, testing, reading levels, and etc. The list is long. These things contribute to the discipline and atmospheric problems plaguing the high schools. Sure, it's a problem at other places too, but many of those places have much better resources to bridge the gap. BMT football kids were already going up a steep hill before COVID. Yes, there was success from WB in football, but that was built. It wasn't organic. Stump came in an reset the football culture, and it progressed from there. I've read you guys posts for 2 years on here before I recently started posting - those other off the field variables are more significant than yall will ever acknowledge. 

11 minutes ago, _4_0_9_ said:

No. Not all schools gave kids an option to be virtual. It was the wrong choice for BMT. The data alone from the educational aspect proves this - data on attendance, testing, reading levels, and etc. The list is long. These things contribute to the discipline and atmospheric problems plaguing the high schools. Sure, it's a problem at other places too, but many of those places have much better resources to bridge the gap. BMT football kids were already going up a steep hill before COVID. Yes, there was success from WB in football, but that was built. It wasn't organic. Stump came in an reset the football culture, and it progressed from there. I've read you guys posts for 2 years on here before I recently started posting - those other off the field variables are more significant than yall will ever acknowledge. 

I’m not buying that.  You’re just spitting stuff at me.  I’m aware completely of how things worked education-wise pre and post Covid.  I’m also aware of how things worked in other schools and school districts.  Most districts went though almost the same thing.  And before you say teacher shortage, schools all over America is having that problem.  Heck, even educational ratings have dropped significantly overall.  But the topic on academics is another topic not meant for a sports forum, but one I’m very privy to.  

Im gonna be real.  The problem with Beaumont football is solely on two things.  Piss poor coaching and horrible participation numbers.  If both teams want to get better, both of these things will need to be addressed.

What kills Beaumont football is the off-season. Kids arent training for football.. they aren’t running track nor are they with personal trainers. 

kids out here in Houston are grinding in the off-season as a team and individually. 

wb didn’t have spring ball nor did they do 7on7. Those are two important factors as well. They received their offensive coach late. They’ve had coaching changes. 

while their district opponents minus BU have been grinding consistently without those factors to my knowledge. 

mourn kids are beat before the season comes into to play from the off-season. And that’s where successful programs win at! Kids have to want it and coaches have to motivate to participate. (Not saying that’s not happening, just a statement) 

2 minutes ago, lil tokyo said:

What kills Beaumont football is the off-season. Kids arent training for football.. they aren’t running track nor are they with personal trainers. 

kids out here in Houston are grinding in the off-season as a team and individually. 

wb didn’t have spring ball nor did they do 7on7. Those are two important factors as well. They received their offensive coach late. They’ve had coaching changes. 

while their district opponents minus BU have been grinding consistently without those factors to my knowledge. 

mourn kids are beat before the season comes into to play from the off-season. And that’s where successful programs win at! Kids have to want it and coaches have to motivate to participate. (Not saying that’s not happening, just a statement) 

+1! You're right. 

Yo @BMTSoulja1 wasn't we just discussing this the other day...... 

33 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m not buying that.  You’re just spitting stuff at me.  I’m aware completely of how things worked education-wise pre and post Covid.  I’m also aware of how things worked in other schools and school districts.  Most districts went though almost the same thing.  And before you say teacher shortage, schools all over America is having that problem.  Heck, even educational ratings have dropped significantly overall.  But the topic on academics is another topic not meant for a sports forum, but one I’m very privy to.  

Im gonna be real.  The problem with Beaumont football is solely on two things.  Piss poor coaching and horrible participation numbers.  If both teams want to get better, both of these things will need to be addressed.

Piss poor coaching you say, yet, coaches that have left BMT are currently successful at other places. Saying it's coaching is such a cop out, if you're not willing to even accept the other variables. Well, they're coaching against programs that get all their kids in their athletic period, coaches who only teach a couple or a few classes, and get to be in the football period with all of their kids. Coaches that get paid way more - teaching salary AND coaching stipends, not to even mention summer days. Coaching against high school programs with comparable resources to college programs. You're out of your mind if you think those things don't make a huge difference. 

42 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Also, "you're not buying" what? The data? Me saying that WB had to build their success, and it wasn't organic? You're not buying that when things are crazy on campus, that it can leak over and affect the football program? You're not buying that the other programs they play against have far superior resources to bridge gaps? Everything I said was true bro. You're in denial. 

Y’all think Martin is the deciding factor to BU winning? 

i think third will have a field day with BU defense.. 

If BU throws the ball in the air, i see INTS coming down. 

now I will say this, Martin will have a decent game because wb struggles with containment. But to takeover and win the game idk.. 

1 hour ago, _4_0_9_ said:

Also, "you're not buying" what? The data? Me saying that WB had to build their success, and it wasn't organic? You're not buying that when things are crazy on campus, that it can leak over and affect the football program? You're not buying that the other programs they play against have far superior resources to bridge gaps? Everything I said was true bro. You're in denial. 

West Brook always had talent.  This year is no exception.  The difference is that this talent isn’t being coached.  Even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see the decline in productivity starting from last year, proportionate to the current staff being there.  

Crazy things have been going on campus for the past 15 or 20 years .  Difference is that social media has allowed it to where everyone knows now.

Resources at other comparative schools?  Let’s define competitive.  Comparative numbers?  It sure in the heck isn’t North Shore, Atascocita, or Summer Creek or most of the other teams in the 6a playoffs. Also let’s also not factor in that these ‘resources’ is probably a synonym for the word ‘recruit’.  Another story for another day.

Bridging the gap.  SMH.  I only pay attention to that phrase when it is followed by the word education.  But we’re talking about athletics here…. Namely football.  

So yea, I’m not buying it.  But we’re entitled to our opinions.  But I know MANY people who share my sentiments…

1 minute ago, lil tokyo said:

Y’all think Martin is the deciding factor to BU winning? 

i think third will have a field day with BU defense.. 

If BU throws the ball in the air, i see INTS coming down. 

now I will say this, Martin will have a decent game because wb struggles with containment. But to takeover and win the game idk.. 

I do agree 100% with this, no doubt.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

West Brook always had talent.  This year is no exception.  The difference is that this talent isn’t being coached.  Even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see the decline in productivity starting from last year, proportionate to the current staff being there.  

Crazy things have been going on campus for the past 15 or 20 years .  Difference is that social media has allowed it to where everyone knows now.

Resources at other comparative schools?  Let’s define competitive.  Comparative numbers?  It sure in the heck isn’t North Shore, Atascocita, or Summer Creek or most of the other teams in the 6a playoffs. Also let’s also not factor in that these ‘resources’ is probably a synonym for the word ‘recruit’.  Another story for another day.

Bridging the gap.  SMH.  I only pay attention to that phrase when it is followed by the word education.  But we’re talking about athletics here…. Namely football.  

So yea, I’m not buying it.  But we’re entitled to our opinions.  But I know MANY people who share my sentiments…

Kids have to buy in. Talent means nothing if kids don't buy in. Look, I've already laid out what resources are. You're just not acknowledging them, and are instead inserting what you think they are. Resources, as one can easily see from the context of what I've said before, includes things like getting kids in the athletic period, having coaches with the energy to coach because they are in the athletic periods with the kids, not teaching 6 classes a day every single day.... with turf practice fields, higher pay, better benefits, better facilities. I didn't say anything about recruiting. There are plenty of places who do it right that don't need to recruit, in fact most. Football teams are full of people. People are simple - they are so often products of atmosphere and environment. Coaches are people. I think your heart is in the right place, but respectfully, I think you're very wrong about most of what you're saying about the football in BMT. 

19 hours ago, _4_0_9_ said:

Kids have to buy in. Talent means nothing if kids don't buy in. Look, I've already laid out what resources are. You're just not acknowledging them, and are instead inserting what you think they are. Resources, as one can easily see from the context of what I've said before, includes things like getting kids in the athletic period, having coaches with the energy to coach because they are in the athletic periods with the kids, not teaching 6 classes a day every single day.... with turf practice fields, higher pay, better benefits, better facilities. I didn't say anything about recruiting. There are plenty of places who do it right that don't need to recruit, in fact most. Football teams are full of people. People are simple - they are so often products of atmosphere and environment. Coaches are people. I think your heart is in the right place, but respectfully, I think you're very wrong about most of what you're saying about the football in BMT. 

I think you nailed it! When you can't get coaches in athletic classes or all the athletes in for that matter, it hurts the program.  Beaumont has inferior facilities to those in the 6A district they are trying to compete in. When you're trying to compete against schools that have better middle school facilities than your varsity has, it's pretty damn hard to compete. You also have fight the administration! They ask you what you need to compete and you tell them, they never deliver! Whether, it be an upgrade in facilities or more coaches or students in the period, it's never done in Beaumont. If you ask for ten things, you might get lucky and get, maybe two of those things. Just some things to ponder when assessing the Beaumont schools.